Author Topic: IT: "cavs don't adjust" Lue: "not true"  (Read 1616 times)

Re: IT: "cavs don't adjust" Lue: "not true"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 06:38:31 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Remember when David Blatt was fired for, like, nothing at all?

I wonder what the difference is between him and Lue...  :-\
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:40:06 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

The difference is because Lue is the Lebrons Boy. His selected one to pretend to be the coach.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:22:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Blatt represented a authority figure to Flopper .  He doesn't accept coaching or being held accountable on any level .  Nobody has ever told him ......Look,buddy your wrong , sit down and shut up.  Lebron played for a nobody patsy in Miami .  He could have never had Pat Riley as his direct coach .  Wade and Lebron same in that respect .....no respect for authority.

Lebron does not like being challenged in any way for alpha role. 

Lue is a quiet , nice , meek kinda of guy ...that does not stire up LeFlops testosterone.

Overwise .....Lue is average at best.  Suited for high school .

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:31:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Blatt p---ed off everyone, not just Lebron (and when I say everyone, I mean everyone in the organization not just the players).  He came in with an arrogance and attitude that wasn't earned.  He acted like he had won titles like Red, Phil or Pop, when he hadn't even coached in the league.  He didn't adapt, he didn't change, it was his way or the highway.  It just wore on everyone, so they went with his top assistant and the associate head coach, which was Lue.  And to be clear, the Cavs hired Lue 3 days after they hired Blatt and well before Lebron ever returned to the Cavs.  Lue was the Cavs 2nd choice for the job, so they ended up with their first 2 candidates.  Lue was forced upon Blatt, which also could have led to some of the tension there.  At the end of the day though, Lue just connected with everyone better than Blatt did.  Blatt got himself fired for being a dictator like coach without the resume to support that position.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 08:34:49 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Lot of complaints for a guy shooting 35% and ranked 98/99 point guards in real plus-minus.  Brinks Truck ****. 

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The issue with IT is that he doesnt know when to be quiet

Just yap yap yap

This is why he has been moved around (or part of it)

Not the Celts problem anymore

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 08:50:06 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Blatt represented a authority figure to Flopper .  He doesn't accept coaching or being held accountable on any level .  Nobody has ever told him ......Look,buddy your wrong , sit down and shut up. Lebron played for a nobody patsy in Miami .  He could have never had Pat Riley as his direct coach .  Wade and Lebron same in that respect .....no respect for authority.

Lue is a quiet , nice , meek kinda of guy ...that does not stire up LeFlops testosterone.

I don't agree with that. I think his time in Miami is the only time he was ever actually held accountable by a coach and not allowed to do whatever he wants. I think that's part of the reason he came back to Cleveland, he knew he would get whatever he wanted back home.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 08:52:54 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I feel bad for IT, he got spoiled playing for a real coach and now he's frustrated with the circus.  ;D

You know he's saying this cause he wants out and get traded. Clips and Cavs are still talking. I woundn't be surprised if he's one of the pieces heading to the Clips.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 09:14:00 AM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Blatt p---ed off everyone, not just Lebron (and when I say everyone, I mean everyone in the organization not just the players).  He came in with an arrogance and attitude that wasn't earned.  He acted like he had won titles like Red, Phil or Pop, when he hadn't even coached in the league.  He didn't adapt, he didn't change, it was his way or the highway.  It just wore on everyone, so they went with his top assistant and the associate head coach, which was Lue.  And to be clear, the Cavs hired Lue 3 days after they hired Blatt and well before Lebron ever returned to the Cavs.  Lue was the Cavs 2nd choice for the job, so they ended up with their first 2 candidates.  Lue was forced upon Blatt, which also could have led to some of the tension there.  At the end of the day though, Lue just connected with everyone better than Blatt did.  Blatt got himself fired for being a dictator like coach without the resume to support that position.
Let's be real here: the Cavs fired Blatt because LeBron didn't like him and wasn't getting his way. Remember LeBron's "protest" in that Portland blowout that year?

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 09:15:24 AM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Blatt represented a authority figure to Flopper .  He doesn't accept coaching or being held accountable on any level .  Nobody has ever told him ......Look,buddy your wrong , sit down and shut up. Lebron played for a nobody patsy in Miami .  He could have never had Pat Riley as his direct coach .  Wade and Lebron same in that respect .....no respect for authority.

I don't agree with that. I think his time in Miami is the only time he was ever actually held accountable by a coach and not allowed to do whatever he wants. I think that's part of the reason he came back to Cleveland, he knew he would get whatever he wanted back home.
Eh, not sure that was Spoelstra as much as it was Riley.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 09:19:45 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Been drinking the Lebron koolaid, eh?

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Been drinking the Lebron koolaid, eh?
nope, but I live in the greater Cleveland area and no one liked Blatt.  None of the players, none of the management, and certainly none of the fans or sports talk people.  Blatt was a disrespectful a**hole to a lot of people.  There is a reason he couldn't find another job in the NBA and had to go back to Europe, despite guiding a team to the NBA Finals in his one and only full season and having a 30-11 record when let go.

Obviously if James liked him, he wouldn't have been fired, but I'm telling you NO ONE liked Blatt and the Cavs would not have won the title that year with Blatt.  Blatt had to go. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:10:49 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 09:42:34 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I really need IT out of there.   I like to see him somewhere that can appreciate him and on a team I can root more for.