Author Topic: Kyrie irving is back...  (Read 2074 times)

Kyrie irving is back...
« on: November 26, 2017, 10:11:35 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
after struggling abit in his first few games for the celtics Irving's averages are creeping back up towards his career averages.

23ppg on 48% shooting and 36.5% from 3. all in 31mpg which is 4 less mpg than he averaged last year.

It is a career best so far in total %. granted he shot 47% last year.

his career averages are 38% from 3 so he should still continue to get better as he gets more comfortable in the offense which is scary.

Re: Kyrie irving is back...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »

Offline wry791

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Career high PER and WS/48 so far. WS/48 currently exceeding what IT had last year.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
who dat masked man is ?  :o

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Career high PER and WS/48 so far. WS/48 currently exceeding what IT had last year.

Also career high in 2-point field goals at 53.6%. He finishes as well as any guard in the league in my opinion, his mid-range J is lethal too.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Also career high in 2-point field goals at 53.6%. He finishes as well as any guard in the league in my opinion, his mid-range J is lethal too.
I'll take that a step further and say that Kyrie Irving is the best finisher at the rim in the league.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 02:00:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I'll take that a step further and say that Kyrie Irving is the best finisher at the rim in the league.
He's really not.

He's very clever at the rim but a good number of players convert at a higher rate at the rim.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 02:04:19 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

He might be. One other plus is that Kyrie doesn't seem to absorb as much contact as a lot of other guards and wings when he finishes at the rim. He's so skilled with the dribble and timing, so creative with his finishes - he'll flip the ball up from an angle that looks impossible or from too far away, but it still goes in. I think part of his success might be that his defenders can't really predict when the ball's going up or from where. Also, I don't have the sense KI drives just to draw a foul very often (i.e., without a real prayer of finishing) sort of giving up his body to get to the line. A lot of the fouls he draws are just slaps on the arm, which is a good sign for the future.

We're lucky to be able to watch him. Once he and the team really understand how to play together, look out, league. Oh yeah. And next year we add Gordon.  8)

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 02:07:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

He's really not.

He's very clever at the rim but a good number of players convert at a higher rate at the rim.

Stats don’t tell story. A guy who just dunks but doesn’t take any other inside shots is not someone people would describe as a great finisher. Like DeAndre Jordan. I agree that Kyrie is an elite finisher. Last night he just drove through multiple defenders and turned a well defended play into a lay up. Multiple times. Isaiah is really good at this too.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 02:24:21 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
They made the holes in the mask bigger.
It worked.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
who dat masked man is ?  :o

Let's call him the Green Avenger.

We already had a Rifleman wearing Celtic Green -

I have no qualms about Kyrie taking over for Mr. Connors.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 05:28:26 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

He's really not.

Stats don’t tell story. A guy who just dunks but doesn’t take any other inside shots is not someone people would describe as a great finisher. Like DeAndre Jordan. I agree that Kyrie is an elite finisher. Last night he just drove through multiple defenders and turned a well defended play into a lay up. Multiple times. Isaiah is really good at this too.
Yeah, you can’t compare Kyrie to bigs.  So where does he rank compared to starting point guards?

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 10:17:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He's really not.

Yeah, you can’t compare Kyrie to bigs.  So where does he rank compared to starting point guards?
the guys I had in mind were Harden, Derozan, Lowry and Curry.

Lillard Wall and Thomas are all right there as well.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

He's really not.

the guys I had in mind were Harden, Derozan, Lowry and Curry.

Lillard Wall and Thomas are all right there as well.
Someone on reddit did a big thing on Irving's finishing this summer. I think that I will be able to find it.

Edit: Here it is, make your own conclusions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/74ypm8/is_kyrie_irving_really_the_best_finisher_in_the/