Author Topic: Why can't Marcus Smart Shoot?  (Read 2191 times)

Re: Why can't Marcus Smart Shoot?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 08:12:32 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He shoots all the time, that's the problem!!

Can't wait for him to be gone, can't stand him anymore!

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 10:02:55 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I think it's a nerve-muscle phenomenon, his new mechanism is far better than his old but it takes time for the nerve to form to perform the action, so you will see 6-7 bad shooting games and 1-2good, with time goes on the more he shoot the more thick the nerve path formed and it will be 2good 2 normal 2 bad and on, it's likely 2-3 years to reach a relatively reliable shooting for him

With that said Danny made the right decision to not extend him preseason

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 10:14:11 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
we used to have the same discussion about Rondo all the time. At this point, it is hard pressed to expect him to ever shoot a decent percentage. Usually you see it pretty quick with players if they have the ability to improve their shot. Every year we would say "rondo is going to shoot better this year!" and he never did...

Jaylen brown is an example as shooting was supposed to be an issue coming out and he has improved his shot tremendously.

Tatum was supposed to have problems with the 3 point shot and he has shot that beautifully this year.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 11:10:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Needs Glasses.

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Needs Glasses.

It might not be a bad idea to check his eyesight, he normally wears glasses when he's interviewed. The possibility is he needs to wear glasses on the court.

I see many comments like, "I can't wait to see him gone." Be careful what you wish for because if you get your wish.

Next, you may be wondering why we don't win close games any longer.

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I think it's a nerve-muscle phenomenon, his new mechanism is far better than his old but it takes time for the nerve to form to perform the action, so you will see 6-7 bad shooting games and 1-2good, with time goes on the more he shoot the more thick the nerve path formed and it will be 2good 2 normal 2 bad and on, it's likely 2-3 years to reach a relatively reliable shooting for him

With that said Danny made the right decision to not extend him preseason

This is exactly what happened with my darts throwing action situation.

Entirely possible that the decision not to extend had nothing to do with his poor shooting number, rather seeing his market first.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.