Author Topic: Tuesday will be six weeks since Hayward's injury  (Read 1072 times)

Tuesday will be six weeks since Hayward's injury
« on: November 25, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
While he still has a looong way to go before he's recovered, technically, his bone break should have healed.

In the article he wrote he said that he "tore ligaments" and they had to be surgically repaired.  I'm not sure about the length of time it takes for that to heal, but he should be able to start getting out of his boot and doing some stretching/light walking exercises soon I would imagine.

I'm sure it's seemed interminable for Gordon, but it does seem to have gone by quickly.  And you can be sure that the whispers about "will Gordon return this season" will begin in earnest come the first of the year.

Re: Tuesday will be six weeks since Hayward's injury
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm still holding out small hope he can return by April and help during the playoffs.

But of course it's only small hope. If he isn't healed, no rush at all. Shelf him for next season then.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 12:50:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm still holding out small hope he can return by April and help during the playoffs.

But of course it's only small hope. If he isn't healed, no rush at all. Shelf him for next season then.
he will be back in April. It’ll be our secret weapon. Ainge will also use the DPE and everyone will talk about how he now fleeced Adam Silver by getting a free $8 mill dpe player, going on win streaks without Hayward, then bringing a rested Hayward for the playoffs

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

he will be back in April. It’ll be our secret weapon. Ainge will also use the DPE and everyone will talk about how he now fleeced Adam Silver by getting a free $8 mill dpe player, going on win streaks without Hayward, then bringing a rested Hayward for the playoffs

Hey, I'd be alright with him simply coming off the bench and playing off-the-ball more (just taking shots). Give us 15-20 PPG off the bench and take a few shots away from Smart in playoffs :laugh:

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 01:03:06 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Hey, I'd be alright with him simply coming off the bench and playing off-the-ball more (just taking shots). Give us 15-20 PPG off the bench and take a few shots away from Smart in playoffs :laugh:
[/quote]
Can Gordon take all of Smarts shots.....please

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Can Gordon take all of Smarts shots.....please

Hell, I'd rather Gordon in a wheelchair can take all the shots than Smart LOL.