Poll

Tristan Thompson + Nets pick + filler for DeAndre Jordan. Who says no?

The Cavs
17 (58.6%)
The Clips
3 (10.3%)
Both teams say no
4 (13.8%)
Sounds like a fair trade
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Rumor : Tristan Thompson + Nets pick for DeAndre Jordan  (Read 3227 times)

Re: Rumor : Tristan Thompson + Nets pick for DeAndre Jordan
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This isn’t an actual rumor is it?

No, BUT it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it became a legitimate one soon.

Why? Because I think Cleveland's original hope was that they could use Nets Pick + pieces (salary) to acquire DeMarcus Cousins, and honestly I think he is one guy who could thread the needle in a series vs. Golden State (at least give them a good chance).

HOWEVER, the Pelicans are honestly doing decent and I highly doubt they move Cousins (and if they do, then I mean.. that would probably frustrate Anthony Davis too and so he could demand out as well). Basically, Cousins won't be available.

SO... who else can really thread the needle for Cleveland in a series vs. GSW? Honestly, no one. DeAndre Jordan probably wouldn't either, but he may be the best guy available via trade unless something wild happens soon and some disgruntled star/superstar demands out from their current team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Both say no

Doc wants to coach vets and win now. Adding Tristan Thompson and losing Jordan weakens the team. If the Clips make a that trade, Doc's days there are numbered and more dominoes will fall as Clips are committing to blowing it up and going full blown youth movement.

For the Cavs, that #1 pick was the prize for Kyrie and the start of the post-LeBron Cavs. A team with Jordan and Love as its best players and no good draft picks and no good young players on the team has no present and no future.

Both sides say no

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 07:40:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Both say no

Doc wants to coach vets and win now. Adding Tristan Thompson and losing Jordan weakens the team. If the Clips make a that trade, Doc's days there are numbered and more dominoes will fall as Clips are committing to blowing it up and going full blown youth movement.

For the Cavs, that #1 pick was the prize for Kyrie and the start of the post-LeBron Cavs. A team with Jordan and Love as its best players and no good draft picks and no good young players on the team has no present and no future.

Both sides say no

Huh? You mean Doc's days aren't numbered already? And wait.. Doc has been coaching this season? Since when??  :P

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Both say no

Both sides say no

Doc isn’t the GM anymore. This would be a really stupid move for Cleveland. I hope they do it because it still wouldn’t be enough to beat GS.

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 08:17:27 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Throw in Shumpert for the Cavs and Williams for the Clippers, and I think it makes sense.

The Cavs get another deadly scorer to make it more worth their while to include the Nets pick.

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 08:22:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Throw in Shumpert for the Cavs and Williams for the Clippers, and I think it makes sense.

The Cavs get another deadly scorer to make it more worth their while to include the Nets pick.

LOL and why would the Clippers do that??

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

For the Nets pick. It also lets them play someone other than Wesley Johnson on the wing.

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 08:38:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

For the Nets pick. It also lets them play someone other than Wesley Johnson on the wing.

I think Clips have the leverage here.

Cavaliers have NOTHING else to offer besides Nets Pick that's truly of value, lets be real.

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I see no reason whatsoever that the Clippers wouldnt do this deal. Jordan has a player option after this season. This would be a great deal for the CLippers.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 09:04:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This isn’t an actual rumor is it?

Considering Thompson’s and Jordan’s salaries don’t even match enough, probably not.

This should probably be relabeled "idea" because there is nothing to this

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
It isn't a rumor at all. It was a mailbag question with the beat writer for the team.  There was one with Marc Gasol as well.  Even in that he mentions Cleveland's own 1st which makes a lot more sense
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Ya I say go for this one. Great fit for both teams. Clippers can keep Doc while having the chance of replacing Jordan with a younger, cheaper possibly even more talented Bamba, Ayton, or best case Bagley.

Jordan would work well with Love and is mobile and durable. Isaiah and Jordan would probably work well long term of Lebron bolts next year.

Send Thompson to the LA cesspool.

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2017, 02:34:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Lets be serious here, it wasn't a rumor, and the Cavs would be insane to to that, thus why they won't.

It would be ironic if the pick the Cavs received for Kyrie Irving, who was drafted with the pick they received from the Clippers for taking on Baron Davis, was then traded to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, meanwhile, that Brooklyn pick turns into the #1 pick for the Clippers and Jordan underwhelms for the Cavs.