Author Topic: Forsberg: Isaiah who? Irving is Boston’s new king of Clutch  (Read 2354 times)

Forsberg: Isaiah who? Irving is Boston’s new king of Clutch
« on: November 24, 2017, 05:38:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:47:50 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Forsberg: Isaiah who? Irving is Boston’s new king of Clutch
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:40:54 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
That picture is either really blurry, or the forum is having trouble loading for me.

Who’s to say, really?

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 05:41:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
That picture is either really blurry, or the forum is having trouble loading for me.

Who’s to say, really?
sorry

Fixed it

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Who’s to say, really?
sorry

Fixed it

Thanks! Isaiah did this for an entire season, Irving for 1/5 of a season. So lots can change. That said, Irving definitely has another level he’s able to tap into late in games which is fun to watch.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Who’s to say, really?
sorry

Fixed it

Thanks! Isaiah did this for an entire season, Irving for 1/5 of a season. So lots can change. That said, Irving definitely has another level he’s able to tap into late in games which is fun to watch.
i thought this too but Kyrie has been clutch since he’s been a rookie. Remember those big shots in the finals? Fun player indeed

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 07:32:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This is honestly being disrespectful to IT after all he did for this team and after that insane season he had for us last year. (And I know I'm going to trigger some folks on here for saying that)

Lets see Irving for an entire season here in Boston first before saying things like this.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
This is honestly being disrespectful to IT after all he did for this team and after that insane season he had for us last year. (And I know I'm going to trigger some folks on here for saying that)

Lets see Irving for an entire season here in Boston first before saying things like this.

Yeah, it's disrespectful.

And Isaiah responds!

https://twitter.com/isaiahthomas/status/934228771565076485

Isaiah Thomas‏
Verified account
@isaiahthomas

Hahahaha I’m happy Kyrie playing well & they doing good. Don’t disrespect with the Isaiah who tho.. You knows [dang] well who I am and what I’ve done!

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 04:24:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Forsberg isn’t being disrespectful. Isaiah who is sort of a tongue in cheek hyperbole to exaggerate the fact that Kyrie is producing a little better than IT who himself was also clutch. He didn’t literally mean “Isaiah who” the exacerbation is lost in translation

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 04:26:17 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

How is it disrespectful to post numbers which show them both incredibly good in crunch time?

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

How is it disrespectful to post numbers which show them both incredibly good in crunch time?

Exactly. So why say "Isaiah who"

Makes it sound like he's just kicking IT to the curb in favor of Kyrie despite all Isaiah did for us. And I love Forsberg by the way, but still...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 05:05:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Exactly. So why say "Isaiah who"

Makes it sound like he's just kicking IT to the curb in favor of Kyrie despite all Isaiah did for us. And I love Forsberg by the way, but still...
Feel like thats being awfully sensitive.

Also, in all likelihood, Forsberg didnt write the title. Writers usually dont.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Yeah, it's disrespectful.

And Isaiah responds!

https://twitter.com/isaiahthomas/status/934228771565076485

Isaiah Thomas‏
Verified account
@isaiahthomas

Hahahaha I’m happy Kyrie playing well & they doing good. Don’t disrespect with the Isaiah who tho.. You knows [dang] well who I am and what I’ve done!
I love Isaiah, but he loves finding ways to add to the chip on his shoulder. Just because he perceives something as a slight doesnt mean its actually bad.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
IT gets a ton of respect.  He's the best offensive player in NBA history under 6' (unless Iverson was really under 6'), he's earned a great reputation as a player and teammate, and he'll have earned himself a great payday after this season.  He has a legit shot (probably better than Kyrie) at an NBA championship this season and there was a great chance that he would not have returned to Boston after this season as Boston probably would not have paid the max for him.  IT was complicit in his Boson departure.  He clearly a promoted himself as the "King in the 4th" (the look at the watch in the 4th gave him notoriety while his consistent performance cemented it) and he was crystal clear that he want someone to "back up the Brinks Truck".  If IT was planning to take a hometown discount, he sure wasn't making it appear that way.   

IT has been lauded by the C's ownership, management, former teammates and fans for his efforts.  BUT... he is not Kyrie Irving, just as KI is not Lebron James.  Forsberg is saying "Isaiah Who?" just indicates the truth -- that after 20 games, the C's do not miss Isaiah Thomas on the court.  This doesn't mean he wasn't loved and doesn't mean he wasn't highly respected for his accomplishments here. 

And as a result of those accomplishments someone will indeed back up the Brinks Truck.

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
IT gets a ton of respect.  He's the best offensive player in NBA history under 6' (unless Iverson was really under 6'), he's earned a great reputation as a player and teammate, and he'll have earned himself a great payday after this season.  He has a legit shot (probably better than Kyrie) at an NBA championship this season and there was a great chance that he would not have returned to Boston after this season as Boston probably would not have paid the max for him.  IT was complicit in his Boson departure.  He clearly a promoted himself as the "King in the 4th" (the look at the watch in the 4th gave him notoriety while his consistent performance cemented it) and he was crystal clear that he want someone to "back up the Brinks Truck".  If IT was planning to take a hometown discount, he sure wasn't making it appear that way.   

IT has been lauded by the C's ownership, management, former teammates and fans for his efforts.  BUT... he is not Kyrie Irving, just as KI is not Lebron James.  Forsberg is saying "Isaiah Who?" just indicates the truth -- that after 20 games, the C's do not miss Isaiah Thomas on the court.  This doesn't mean he wasn't loved and doesn't mean he wasn't highly respected for his accomplishments here. 

And as a result of those accomplishments someone will indeed back up the Brinks Truck.
Again, Forsberg probably never wrote those words.

Edit: From forsberg himself
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/934232081269448704
👀

(I don’t write headlines but i’ll take the grief. No Celtics fan is going to forget what IT did any time soon)

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

I agree. Regardless of whether I feel Kyrie is better or not, IT deserves nothing but credit for what he did here. No reason to downplay it.