Author Topic: Derrick Rose away from Cavs, evaluating future in NBA  (Read 2445 times)

Re: Derrick Rose away from Cavs, evaluating future in NBA
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
What a shame.

Thought he was going to do big things in the NBA, but injuries certainly derailed his career.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I can't believe José Calderón is starting for a contender at this point of his career.

About Rose, was he that bad? He was averaging 14 points. It is a decent amount. The report talks about mental toll after so many injuries, but he's still on the good side of 30.

It's a pity such a good player ending like this.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 03:02:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Another player on the "what if injuries didn't affect his career" list
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I wasn't really a basketball fan when T-Mac was lighting the league up, but this is probably the closest thing to T-Mac that I've seen as fan.

I remember Rookie D-Rose giving Rondo problems in the playoffs...dude only missed 6 games his first 3 seasons in the league...youngest MVP in history, was the Westbrook before Westbrook etc.

What a shame.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Curse of lebron

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
He's made enough money to never be stressed out again so if he feels he can't play the way he wants to more power to him for walking away.

ok fine

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
exactly why i said D rose and D wade were washed up.  plus they have IT now to go with lebsby anf love. heck we beat d wade AND jimmy butler up in playoffs last year. love beating D wade. cannot stand him like lebaby.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green
Probably not that important of a factor in his decision, as he has already made a lot of money on the course of his career, but if he indeed does retire then he'll lose 70 million dollars from the contract that he signed with Adidas.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 03:42:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Probably not that important of a factor in his decision, as he has already made a lot of money on the course of his career, but if he indeed does retire then he'll lose 70 million dollars from the contract that he signed with Adidas.

If true then I doubt he retires. Too much $$ to sacrifice.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 03:48:39 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

That is a lot of money, but he signed the contract with Adidas back in 2012 and has already earned approx. 115 million dollars (from the Adidas contract).

Here's a link btw: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248141/Derrick-Rose-Would-Lose-$70M-On-Adidas-Deal-If-He-Retires

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

$70 mill is a lot even to a rich person

That is a lot of money, but he signed the contract with Adidas back in 2012 and has already earned approx. 115 million dollars (from the Adidas contract).

Here's a link btw: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248141/Derrick-Rose-Would-Lose-$70M-On-Adidas-Deal-If-He-Retires

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 04:12:31 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I can't believe José Calderón is starting for a contender at this point of his career.

About Rose, was he that bad? He was averaging 14 points. It is a decent amount. The report talks about mental toll after so many injuries, but he's still on the good side of 30.

It's a pity such a good player ending like this.

Statistically, he can still score a bit. But the issue is he doesn't do anything else. And then the way  he scores require him to attack the rim and risk his body, he still can't shoot. He still hasn't developed as a playmaker. He doesn't play defense. He's made no effort to adapt his game at all since the injuries started to pile up.

So it boils down to this: he's only effective when he's putting his body on the line by attacking and exploding to the rim to score, but his body can't physically take it anymore. The writing's on the wall.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

$70 mill is a lot even to a rich person
That I know. But I imagine that health and happiness are more important to Derrick Rose than money. And my point was that it would be easier for Rose to walk away - leaving 70 million on the table - given that he has already earned a ton of money.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
After the injury, not much to be a fan about with Rose. No feelings either way, except...I'd rather he stays with them and uses up the roster spot as 3rd string PG. if he could handle just being along for the ride, the Cavs are less likely to find a more competent player to fill his spot.  Since LBJ handles the ball, any 3 and D guard would be an improvement.

Wade at least is handling the bench and will rack up points every 4-5 games at least, but they'd be better off without him as well.