Gives player a year watching film which Simmons credits with his early success
weight room and trainers

Simmons 21
Tatum is 19

Tatum avg  5.9 rebounds to simmons 9.1
Tatum avg 14.2 pts to simmons 18.5
Tatum avg 1.5 Ast to Simmons 7.7
Tatum has less steals per game ,less blocks per game
Tatum shoots ,481% from three with a .494 fg %  simmons shoots .00% from three and .513fg%
Tatum from foul line shoots .849% while simmons shoots .556 %

Foul shooting is such a critical part of winning in close games and being unable to hit threes are serious flaws
Between sitting out a year,making no three point shots and making only .55% of foul shots-
Jaylens rebounding over last three games has doubled ,he has consistently scored in double figures(all but two games)less his injury after 5 minutes.And has been instrumental in a 16 win streak
SO IS IT SIMMONS WITH AN ASTERIK and some huge flaws but my vote goes to a true rookie a CELTIC without any gaping holes in his game is shooting an incredible .481% from three is doubling up in rebounds over last three games and played a critical part in 16 straight wins

Surferdad:
No disagree rollie.  Simmons is a legit rookie.  I cannot give credit to what he did during that year of sitting, regardless of what he says.

Roy H.:
I’m divided on this, but ultimately think the league has it right. Rookie = first year of playing NBA games.

Csfan1984:
I feel the players are close enough that if the 76ers don't have a winning record and C's finish with best record at the end of the season Tatum should win it. As of right now Id make them co ROY. Tatum is incredibly efficient and polished. Simmons is very active and uniquely skilled. Both deserve a ton of credit for first year players.

Celtics4ever:
I respectfully disagree that extra year of strength training and physical maturity is an unfair advantage.   It is bad luck if you get injured and can't get it your rookie year.

Rookies should be guys who get drafted the previous year.   Both Rollie and myself have played basketball past high school.   Have either of you, too? 

If you did you would know what an edge it is to be 21 instead of 19 in terms of physical maturity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version