Author Topic: I know what all C’s fans are thankful for  (Read 1920 times)

I know what all C’s fans are thankful for
« on: November 23, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

Re: I know what all C’s fans are thankful for
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:47:53 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

I told myself I'm thankful for Tom Brady (general Boston fan) but this might be better.

Thanks Brooklyn  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:21:04 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
it's insane how our best/youngest talent came straight from that trade

I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 10:26:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Also thankful for IT to have made all of this possible.  Hope he's en route to a speedy recovery.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 10:40:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Also thankful for IT to have made all of this possible.  Hope he's en route to a speedy recovery.
I love me some IT and hope he comes back strong and gets his max contract. Really thought Danny was going to give it to him.

So I am not trying to throw shade in IT's direction but IT did not make this all possible. Danny Ainge made that Brooklyn trade, the trade to bring IT here, the picks of Jaylen and Jayson, the decision to hire Stevens and then the trade for Kyrie.

Ainge made this all possible.

Oh, and the Nets for sucking.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 10:57:17 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I love me some IT and hope he comes back strong and gets his max contract. Really thought Danny was going to give it to him.

So I am not trying to throw shade in IT's direction but IT did not make this all possible. Danny Ainge made that Brooklyn trade, the trade to bring IT here, the picks of Jaylen and Jayson, the decision to hire Stevens and then the trade for Kyrie.

IT also, in a way, landed us Al Horford. But I would say Brad Stevens get the most credit for it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
In no particular order, I'm thankful for:

A great ownership group that is willing to spend money when we're in contention, and lets people like Ainge do their jobs without interference.

A fantastic coach who is proving to be the frontrunner for COTY, and will be among the best coaches in the NBA for a long time to come.

And one of the best GMs in the NBA who does an incredible job creating value with his moves.

And of course our players.  I love this current team.

Celtics fans have a lot to be thankful for.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I agree that Ainge accounts for the biggest portion of the success pie.  But many others, incl Brad and IT, deserve credit here.  It's reasonable to assume that both Horford and Hayward were significantly influenced by IT in their decision to join Boston, both on and off the court.  And without them, those BKN picks -- while awesome -- would not be having the same affect on our current success imo.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 01:25:40 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Thankful for Wyc hiring Danny hiring Brad.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 06:23:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am thankful for this blog. where I live all everyone wants to talk about is the Cavs and I detest that team.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 09:07:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Agreed.  If you want thank IT, you might as well thank Marcus Thornton for being part of the Phoenix trade.   ;D  But then, Thornton came from the Nets in a trade so let's thank the Nets once again!

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I also feel like the Celtics know this because their 'Statement' jersey is mostly black haha

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 01:46:38 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
In no particular order, I'm thankful for:

A great ownership group that is willing to spend money when we're in contention, and lets people like Ainge do their jobs without interference.

A fantastic coach who is proving to be the frontrunner for COTY, and will be among the best coaches in the NBA for a long time to come.

And one of the best GMs in the NBA who does an incredible job creating value with his moves.

And of course our players.  I love this current team.

Celtics fans have a lot to be thankful for.

Amen.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.