Author Topic: Donald Trump vs Laval Ball 2020 election  (Read 1085 times)

Donald Trump vs Laval Ball 2020 election
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:35:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1172

Who would you vote for and you have to admit it but would be pure comedy watching that Trainwreck.

Re: Donald Trump vs Laval Ball 2020 election
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:04:46 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i'd write in Larry Bird
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:16:12 AM »

Online tarheelsxxiii

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1267
Hopefully the DNC can produce a better candidate than Lavar Ball by 2020.
"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."
-Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 01:09:55 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1055

Seems dubious based on prior evidence.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 03:33:27 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1112

LOL

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 04:23:14 AM »

Online tarheelsxxiii

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1267

LOL

"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."
-Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 04:36:43 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2388
The back and forth between these two have been nothing short of HILARIOUS...

Pres. Trump calling Lavar a "Ball-Headed Don King"......LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

That had me and my co-workers ROLLING...

Can't wait for Lavar's come back.

Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 06:33:22 AM »

Offline cons

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 58
It's funny because it's true. 😄😢😢😢

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 07:33:00 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 873
There should be a poll.

I'd probably roll with Ball, myself. I mean, neither have any political experience and Lavar is nothing short of awful, but (across the board) he can't actually be a worse person than Trump.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 08:39:50 AM »

Offline Erik

• Marcus Smart
  • Tommy Points: 62
  • The voice of reason
I would vote for whoever is going to cut my taxes (whether income or SS/medi*). Why would anyone vote against their own interests?

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 09:24:52 AM »

Offline adam8

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
I would vote for whoever is going to cut my taxes (whether income or SS/medi*). Why would anyone vote against their own interests?
1. Voting for the good of America would be one reason to vote against your self interest.
2. Also there's a difference between short term self interest and long term self interest, if said tax cuts are minor for yourself in the short term but are gonna cause economic uncertaintity in the future another good reason to vote against your short term self interest.

I don't believe my taxes are too low and would certainly not vote for so,done who is runni on that platform.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 10:24:15 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 206
1. Voting for the good of America would be one reason to vote against your self interest.
2. Also there's a difference between short term self interest and long term self interest, if said tax cuts are minor for yourself in the short term but are gonna cause economic uncertaintity in the future another good reason to vote against your short term self interest.

I don't believe my taxes are too low and would certainly not vote for so,done who is runni on that platform.

Yeah people on look at the short term of their paycheck and say "hey I'd have x amount extra in my paycheck every week if they cut it but Z%"/.

Problem is with what the purposes that I've been seeing, and I can't say all of them are 100% true. It's going to cost more for the middle class in the long run.

Cutting at the top by 15% doesn't increase producing and jobs to handle it. FI they don't have a extra demand for their product, they wont invest in their company. Yes some will get new equipment, and yes there will be a small bump, but that wont last. Also new equipment may mean cutting of some employment if that new equipment does the work of two in stead of one.

So now thats less taxes going into the system, because they wont spend as much as they are getting back. So now things like education that the states get federal funding for, now gets cut(already has). Teachers still need to get payed, building heated in the winter, supplies to be bought, busses to run. Where does that money now come from?

The middle class gets a break, not much of one, but hey it's something right?! Well now that the town or cities school is losing 20% of their budget because the federal government isn't taking in as much money and the first thing they usually go after is education( why because government officials and rich friends kids get to go to charter schools on the most part so it doesn't effect them). So they first cut some programs and teaching jobs(now less taxes go into the system). But thats not enough. So now they introduce a 1% increase for a snack tax. But still not quite enough. So they consolidate schools over filling the class rooms giving teachers who aren't making all that much money twice the amount of work. But still not quite there, so now property taxes go up.

So that extra money that you were getting, no longer there, and you may also have even less then you were getting before the "tax breaks". And since things like making school loans non deductible will hurt the middle class hard.

Taxes are a good thing when used and done properly. Problem is the rich and big companies tend not to pay much in, if at all with all the loopholes and breaks they get. Its part of the reason we can't get ahead because we spend more than take in.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 11:07:01 AM »

Offline Erik

• Marcus Smart
  • Tommy Points: 62
  • The voice of reason

I don't live paycheck to paycheck so
Short term = more money.
Long term = I invest the money.
A market crash is basically an additional buying opportunity for me.

Good of America is an ideological thing. There are some that think that securing the borders and getting people off welfare is better than the government taking care of everything for anyone making under N/year. Heres the kicker... no matter what the elected official claims he will do, it's a status quo in "good for America." There will always be some pawn on the way out like McCain that is hired by special interests to ruin the plan. Coming from someone who has voted for both parties fairly equally and used to think about things like my fellow man, I will only vote for my own wallet from now on because the other thing is out of my hands. At least my investment can create jobs. Was just responding to OP. It could be Ball vs God and I'd still like to know what their economic plans are.

If I were a dictator, I would help my fellow man. I'm just not going to waste money on taxes to pretend that we're helping them.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:20:25 AM by Erik »

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 11:23:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 946
I honestly think neither party has the right plan for America anymore.   Liberal or Conservative it does not matter, both sides just go for their ideology and there is no compromise or consensus for the common good.   Neither side can agree on the common good.  Both sides play identity politics that divide people on their respective hedge issues.

A market crash is a buying opportunity for me.

I am watching for the market to crash and then buy in as well.   I think it is coming.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:28:50 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 5173
The top 1% no longer invest in the American economy. They invest in much moreprofitable international endeavors or horde the money. Giving them a 15% cut just does not help America it only helps the ultra rich.