Author Topic: Miami Nights  (Read 2795 times)

Miami Nights
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped this game tonight. I don't want it to happen but a night off in SoBe can be dangerous. I look for bad officiating, early fouls and a messy rough game. Riley will have it no other way. If we will tonight it WILL be earned.

Re: Miami Nights
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:51:37 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped this game tonight. I don't want it to happen but a night off in SoBe can be dangerous. I look for bad officiating, early fouls and a messy rough game. Riley will have it no other way. If we will tonight it WILL be earned.

I'm worried about the same thing. In addition, the Heat showed really bad effort last game vs the Pacers and it seems like Spo really ripped into the team. That said, Vegas currently has us favored by 3 1/2.

One more thing, a Tuesday night in Miami a couple of days before Thanksgiving is far different than a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night on a normal week.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:00:14 AM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:13:13 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They might benefit from dropping this one. Seems there is a little bit of pressure building the longer it goes. Enjoying the place a tiny bit and maybe help team relax a little and come out with a healthy calm.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:37:55 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Indiana is the game I am looking at that could stop the streak. Celtics will be playing their 3rd game in 4 days, and they play the night before in Boston.

Indiana also plays the night before, at home, so they dont have to travel and they are currently in the middle of 4 straight days off.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
They might benefit from dropping this one. Seems there is a little bit of pressure building the longer it goes. Enjoying the place a tiny bit and maybe help team relax a little and come out with a healthy calm.

I don't understand posts like this.

We'll somehow benefit from losing to a conference rival? What? Oh, it's because of the "pressure". But if the Celtics can't the pressure of a simple early-season win streak, are we to expect they'll be able to handle the REAL pressure of the playoffs?

The best thing for this team is to keep finding ways to win. Show the young guys that it can be done. They'll lose their fair share anyway and they'll learn from those losses. But they'll learn from these wins as well and they'll become hardened to the type of pressure they'll have to withstand when in a dogfight with Toronto, Washington or Cleveland in the playoffs.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 09:47:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think the media attention and energy that go into a long winning streak can effect a team's play after its over myself. I remember multiple Heat members saying so, the Warriors had similar interviews too.

Doesn't mean you should "want" to lose, but overall just adds perspective that its not as simple as reordering the wins because of the attention paid to streaks by the entire league.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 09:59:19 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think the back & back this weekend might kick out a loss.  Tough with a home/away and its right after the holiday.

Not sure about tonight.  If the Celtics play like they did much of the Dallas game, it'll be a L but I have to think Brad couldn't have been happy with Monday night and hopefully lights a fire under them tonight.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

We'll somehow benefit from losing to a conference rival? What? Oh, it's because of the "pressure". But if the Celtics can't the pressure of a simple early-season win streak, are we to expect they'll be able to handle the REAL pressure of the playoffs?

The best thing for this team is to keep finding ways to win. Show the young guys that it can be done. They'll lose their fair share anyway and they'll learn from those losses. But they'll learn from these wins as well and they'll become hardened to the type of pressure they'll have to withstand when in a dogfight with Toronto, Washington or Cleveland in the playoffs.
Agreed, losing never makes sense.  Rest assured they will lose somewhere along the way.

If the C's lose due to too much fun in South Beach, then perhaps they are not as engaged with the coach as we thought.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 10:18:36 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Whiteside wasn't playing first time we faced them.  I worry that our rebounding advantage will diminish.

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Tonight is the popular pick for the streak to end.
I listen to a lot of NBA radio on Sirius and Scal, Justin Termine and Eddie Johnson all picked this as the game that ends the streak. Predicted by all last week.

Miami is really not that good, I think it will be Orlando or Indiana.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:44:56 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Whenever we lose, somebody will be the first to say, "I told you so." While it has been nice run, we aren't exactly the type of team (without Hayward) to carry a 16+ game winning streak. It has been fun and I am sure Brad will  continue to have the team prepared for each game, but at some point the team is going to come out flat and not be able to pull out the W...and that's okay.

They just need to keep taking it one game at a time, work on the areas that need work, and they should get their share of wins - hopefully winning the EC and eventually getting Hayward back.

Regardless of what happens tonight or the next few games (they will lose sometime), it has been incredibly impressive how well this young team has come together without one of their two all-stars. It's a testament to Brad and the team as a whole.

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 11:18:04 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
You are probably right. But then we make a comeback in the 4th and win the game !
We’ve been there before  ;)

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 11:29:26 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
The Maple Man from Canada is coming for revenge tonight!

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Agreed, losing never makes sense.  Rest assured they will lose somewhere along the way.

If the C's lose due to too much fun in South Beach, then perhaps they are not as engaged with the coach as we thought.
Losing to reduce pressure isn't a bad thing this early. Pushing too hard for a regular season game time after time each game is the grind that puts guys on edge and breaks them down. Early pushing isn't good. Guys need to pace themselves is why I think the win streak means little next to their overall health.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Losing to reduce pressure isn't a bad thing this early. Pushing too hard for a regular season game time after time each game is the grind that puts guys on edge and breaks them down. Early pushing isn't good. Guys need to pace themselves is why I think the win streak means little next to their overall health.
Csfan, that's a different argument.  Sure Brad should watch the minutes, but nobody on that team should want to lose.  That's how your post came out, though maybe it wasn't intentional.
They might benefit from dropping this one.