Author Topic: Manute Bol's birthday was allegedly made up, and he might've played at age 50  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
That’s insane...On multiple levels. Imagine not knowing your own age!

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am sure he is older than he claimed but I don't buy that he was 50 when playing in the NBA.  I lived in DC when he was on the Bullets and I saw him live a number of times (Muggsy Bogues was on the team then too, talk about a carnival show).  Based on what I saw, I do not believe he was that old.

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I am sure he is older than he claimed but I don't buy that he was 50 when playing in the NBA.  I lived in DC when he was on the Bullets and I saw him live a number of times (Muggsy Bogues was on the team then too, talk about a carnival show).  Based on what I saw, I do not believe he was that old.

Now Thon Maker on the other hand...

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Ditto. I met Manute back in the 80s and I never got the impression that he was about to turn 40. That poster of him and Muggsy was hilarious though.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Thon Maker? Serge Ibaka?