Author Topic: John Wall To Miss Next Few Weeks With Left Knee Inflammation  (Read 1104 times)

John Wall To Miss Next Few Weeks With Left Knee Inflammation
« on: November 25, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
https://mobile.twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/934462888764469249?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21554239/john-wall-washington-wizards-miss-two-weeks-knee-injury

Washington Wizards star John Wall will not play for approximately two weeks as he deals with discomfort and inflammation in his left knee, the team announced Saturday.

Wall is set to undergo platelet-rich plasma and viscosupplementation injections to reduce the inflammation after the injury was diagnosed via an MRI exam Friday.

He initially was injured during a Nov. 7 loss to the Dallas Mavericks. Wall sat out a loss to the Toronto Raptors on Nov. 19 due to knee soreness but had played the past two games.

The Wizards have seen a marked drop on offense when Wall is off the court this season, according to ESPN Stats & Information. When Wall is playing, the Wizards are averaging 110.6 points per possession, which would rank third in the NBA. With Wall off the court, that offensive rating drops to 99.8, which would rank 26th.

Wall is averaging 20.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. He leads the Wizards and is third in the NBA with 9.2 assists per game.

That's a pretty big blow for Washington going forward. Seems like this is a nagging issue for Wall which means even after the few weeks, the injury/soreness may linger.

They are currently 10-8, and although still early in season, don't look like the Top-3 team they were projected to be in the East.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: John Wall To Miss Next Few Weeks With Left Knee Inflammation
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We play the wiz on Christmas.

Gobert  is most likely out for the jazz game, kawhi out for spurs game, Conley out for grizz game. If we get wall out, we will get big breaks and might get a nice win streak again.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 03:59:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Gobert  is most likely out for the jazz game, kawhi out for spurs game, Conley out for grizz game. If we get wall out, we will get big breaks and might get a nice win streak again.

Eh, I'd rather we play teams as healthy as possible. Plus, it's only for a few weeks. Christmas is a month away lol.

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Eh, I'd rather we play teams as healthy as possible. Plus, it's only for a few weeks. Christmas is a month away lol.
I would love to see us build a huge lead and rest up the last few weeks of the season to get ready for the playoffs.  Rest and health will be huge come playoff time

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 04:07:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I would love to see us build a huge lead and rest up the last few weeks of the season to get ready for the playoffs.  Rest and health will be huge come playoff time

Yep, that's a fair point.

But honestly I think we are capable of beating the Wizards with a healthy Wall, and we've already had some breaks so far (no Kawhi vs. Spurs, and maybe no Kawhi next time either).

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

But honestly I think we are capable of beating the Wizards with a healthy Wall, and we've already had some breaks so far (no Kawhi vs. Spurs, and maybe no Kawhi next time either).

I mean, we lost arguably our best to second best two-way player five minutes into the season, let alone the other bad breaks we've had to our starting five getting injured. Who cares what breaks we've already had given our injury history this season? Hell, give me as many breaks as possible!

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 04:48:27 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

I mean, we lost arguably our best to second best two-way player five minutes into the season, let alone the other bad breaks we've had to our starting five getting injured. Who cares what breaks we've already had given our injury history this season? Hell, give me as many breaks as possible!

Yeah, it's amazing how far we've come since Hayward's injury.

I remember all the doom and gloom around here (including from me) especially after falling 0-2 after the loss to the Bucks.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 04:50:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, it's amazing how far we've come since Hayward's injury.

I remember all the doom and gloom around here (including from me) especially after falling 0-2 after the loss to the Bucks.

Just wait until we cut Nader, and then sign Gerald Green for vet. minimum, use DPE on Okafor/Monroe, and then get back Hayward back in April.

The Master Plan!  ;D

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://twitter.com/CelticsDirect/status/934544761523982337

Talking about breaks, both Oladipo and Robinson are out tonight.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://twitter.com/CelticsDirect/status/934544761523982337

Talking about breaks, both Oladipo and Robinson are out tonight.
that probably helped haha