Author Topic: Question about Disabled Player Exception  (Read 959 times)

Question about Disabled Player Exception
« on: November 27, 2017, 12:07:37 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I am just looking for clarification that if the Celtics used the 8.4 Million disabled player exemption, does this automatically disqualify Gordon Hayward for the rest of the season? I am curious as Ainge hasn't officially ruled GH out for the season and hypothetically if Hayward was to return, after we used the exception on a player, wouldn't we be getting an unfair advantage?

Re: Question about Disabled Player Exception
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 12:19:03 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Hayward can return

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:55:54 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 01:57:47 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’m pretty sure Hayward posted on IG he was not returning this season. Found it kinda questionable to say that so early when nobody else really ruled it out completely.

It doesn’t matter when the cast comes off, when he starts running, starts basketball activities.... I won’t believe he’s coming back until I see him come running out of the tunnel in warmups.

I wish he would be back, but nothing makes me believe he will, only pure and unbridled hope.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 05:53:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I am just looking for clarification that if the Celtics used the 8.4 Million disabled player exemption, does this automatically disqualify Gordon Hayward for the rest of the season? I am curious as Ainge hasn't officially ruled GH out for the season and hypothetically if Hayward was to return, after we used the exception on a player, wouldn't we be getting an unfair advantage?
I think he can return this year if he is healthy/ready.
He will miss 75% of the regular season, hence the granted DPE.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Yes, he can return.

However, a problem occurs if we have 16 players on the team (including Hayward) once he returns. In that case, we would have to cut a player to comply with the limit of 15 players.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 09:03:35 AM »

Offline shake603

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Yes, he can return.

However, a problem occurs if we have 16 players on the team (including Hayward) once he returns. In that case, we would have to cut a player to comply with the limit of 15 players.

We won't run into that problem because we cannot sign a 16th guy, Hayward continues to count on the roster. The DPE does not grant an extra roster spot, just additional cap space.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Yes, he can return.

We won't run into that problem because we cannot sign a 16th guy, Hayward continues to count on the roster. The DPE does not grant an extra roster spot, just additional cap space.
TP, I wasn't aware of that ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.