Author Topic: Which young duo would you rather have than Brown-Tatum?  (Read 3853 times)

Re: Which young duo would you rather have than Brown-Tatum?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 01:16:10 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Wall/Beal is a noticeable absence from this list.

While I'm excited for our young guys, I would rather have a couple of the pairs mentioned over our own.

Towns/Wiggins
Greek God/any other player on MIL roster
Wall/Beal
Davis/any other player on NOP roster

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Wall/Beal is a noticeable absence from this list.

While I'm excited for our young guys, I would rather have a couple of the pairs mentioned over our own.

Towns/Wiggins
Greek God/any other player on MIL roster
Wall/Beal
Davis/any other player on NOP roster

I think we were focused on players with 2-3 years in the NBA, not players entering their 8th and 6th seasons.  Wall is 27.  That’s not old, but it certainly isn’t young in basketball years.  If he were to be included, people would be asking about trios and including Kyrie.

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I could see the argument for Embiid-Simmons and Giannis-Parker.

Serious concerns for both of those duos. Each duo has one guy who can't shoot and one guy with a huge history of injuries.

I like the chances of our young duo because they both can shoot, pass, drive, rebound, and defend, without having a concerning injury history. If every player reached their "ceiling," the Brown-Tatum duo could go toe-to-toe with the other duos and win, so its not completely lop-sided.

Because of durability question marks and general all-around abilities, I like our duo's chances at reaching their ceiling better than the other duos.