Author Topic: Marcus Smart Please Stop Shooting!  (Read 13715 times)

Re: Marcus Smart Please Stop Shooting!
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2017, 07:13:36 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
LOL, this board love to single him out just to fit their narratives. Kyrie, Theis and Rozier shot worse than Smart in  this game, yet nobody is mentioning it.

Surely you can see the difference in the guy who's carried us most of the year vs. Marcus, whose shooting is bad every game, and had almost as many turnovers as the rest of the team combined.

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2017, 07:18:25 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
LOL, this board love to single him out just to fit their narratives. Kyrie, Theis and Rozier shot worse than Smart in  this game, yet nobody is mentioning it.

Surely you can see the difference in the guy who's carried us most of the year vs. Marcus, whose shooting is bad every game, and had almost as many turnovers as the rest of the team combined.

Kyrie can be excused but Theis and Rozier carried the team throughout the year? Now you're reaching.

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2017, 07:38:23 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He is having rough nights but still managed to make a impact
I will take him over Bradley(with their contracts) every day

« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2017, 09:29:35 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I'm even fine with his shooting. It is what it is, but his ball possesion and playmaking is very often pulling the whole game out of our hands. The thing is that he doesn't matter when making mistakes, he just continuous his actions like nothing bad happened. And the worst thing is that Stevens is just watching, no reaction at all. I just couldn't watch when Pistons were on the run in last quarter. I turned the TV off. Bad shooting happens, I don't mind, but this...

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2017, 09:50:25 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'm even fine with his shooting. It is what it is, but his ball possesion and playmaking is very often pulling the whole game out of our hands. The thing is that he doesn't matter when making mistakes, he just continuous his actions like nothing bad happened. And the worst thing is that Stevens is just watching, no reaction at all. I just couldn't watch when Pistons were on the run in last quarter. I turned the TV off. Bad shooting happens, I don't mind, but this...
Isn't that a good quality? I want players who can move on after making a mistake. A player who sulks or wastes time worrying about something that's already happened will just fall behind on the next play.

And I just disagree about his playmaking. I missed yesterday's game so I can't speak to that but he's been a terrific playmaker this season, which is a big reason why he's been a plus on offense even with his shooting this bad.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Isn't that a good quality? I want players who can move on after making a mistake. A player who sulks or wastes time worrying about something that's already happened will just fall behind on the next play.

And I just disagree about his playmaking. I missed yesterday's game so I can't speak to that but he's been a terrific playmaker this season, which is a big reason why he's been a plus on offense even with his shooting this bad.
Making the same mistake again is not exactly moving on.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2017, 03:52:38 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Making the same mistake again is not exactly moving on.
I could be misinterpreting but that does not seem to be what iadera was saying in the part I bolded.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008