Author Topic: Marcus Smart Please Stop Shooting!  (Read 13772 times)

Re: Marcus Smart Please Stop Shooting!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's a double-edged sword.  If he doesn't take open shots, he becomes even more of a liability.

So the game plan is to deliberately take low-percentage shots? At least take 1 or 2 dribbles inside the arc, or attack the paint a la Horford and see if you can pass it back out or get fouled or something.

I just cannot accept that the best thing for Smart to do in that situation is shoot the ball 25+ feet away from the basket.

I didn't see the play at hand.  No, not deliberately... I said he has to take open shots if they're given to him, else the game becomes 5 on 4.  Frankly,  I don't think he should be looking for shots outside of corner 3s and post-ups
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 09:54:25 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If the ball swings to him for an open 3 he has to take it.  I feel he's aiming it at this point.  Over thinking the shot much like rondo used to do

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
It's a double-edged sword.  If he doesn't take open shots, he becomes even more of a liability.

So the game plan is to deliberately take low-percentage shots? At least take 1 or 2 dribbles inside the arc, or attack the paint a la Horford and see if you can pass it back out or get fouled or something.

I just cannot accept that the best thing for Smart to do in that situation is shoot the ball 25+ feet away from the basket.

I didn't see the play at hand.  No, not deliberately... I said he has to take open shots if they're given to him, else the game becomes 5 on 4.  Frankly,  I don't think he should be looking for shots outside of corner 3s and post-ups

So aren't you saying that he deliberately has to take the shot? I don't get it.

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 09:59:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

So aren't you saying that he deliberately has to take the shot? I don't get it.

Nah man.  He should take wide opens shots, but he shouldn't be LOOKING for them -- just filling the role to keep the defense at least somewhat honest, like Rondo was forced to do at times.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 10:03:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Bruise Brothers are denting some backboards tonight, for sure.

2-for-10 shooting, 1-for-7 3PT.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 10:09:31 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
God almighty.  Marcus couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat!  Pass the ball. 

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Marcus was a +15 tonight.

Just sayin.

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 11:22:59 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I've given up hope of Marcus ever being a good/average shooter. At this point, we just have to figure out his best place on the floor. Develop his post game as much as possible and work on his ability to finish around the rim. Just plop him in the high post and let him create/score from them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:48 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
The guys on this board make me laugh when I Watch the games.. You guys act like you dont know the deal by now. YES he is going to shoot.. The guy is fearless. YES he is going to take heat checks (regardless if he is hot or not).. YES it is going to be painful.. But Will Marcus do something to win a game YES. Whether its Excellent Defense on DIRK after he was heating up, A Clutch Rebound kick out to KI, A CLUTCH 3 (when the whole team couldnt throw it in the water)   You have to love this guy..

Thanks Message board guys - you guys make it so much more enjoyable ...

Marcus Smart is simply a winner.. Coach knows it and his Team knows it..  We see it every game. 

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 11:28:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Please CBS

split the Bricker Bros up.....

The line up can only handle ONE awful shooter at a time. 

Both these guys got to stop chucking up threes and PLAY team ball and work it inside to Baynes , Morris , Tatum or Theis . 

Th y were playing brain dead offense.

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 11:29:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The guys on this board make me laugh when I Watch the games.. You guys act like you dont know the deal by now. YES he is going to shoot.. The guy is fearless. YES he is going to take heat checks (regardless if he is hot or not).. YES it is going to be painful.. But Will Marcus do something to win a game YES. Whether its Excellent Defense on DIRK after he was heating up, A Clutch Rebound kick out to KI, A CLUTCH 3 (when the whole team couldnt throw it in the water)   You have to love this guy..

Marcus Smart is simply a winner.. Coach knows it and his Team knows it..  We see it every game.

Chucking up a contested 3 with 18 seconds left on the shot clock isn't fearless. It's dumb.

I love Marcus. I appreciate what he brings to the table. But his shot selection continues to leave a lot to be desired.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Tp. I just laugh now, too.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 11:39:07 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Somebody tex CBS ........plese take the brick brothers out

sorry phone lines were down tonight
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Smart huge late 3... What a strange player

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 12:04:01 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Seriously, even I'm starting to get tired of making this joke, but, anyway, "They're (Rozier and Smart) mightay mightay, just lettin' them all clang out" -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBx6mAWYPU

Actually, never mind, lol :laugh:. Under no circumstances, however, should Smart ever take 15 shots, let alone 11 threes :o.  Oh lawd ::).