Author Topic: Bench Thread  (Read 411 times)

Bench Thread
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:32:37 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
With all of the trade and lineup ideas I figured I would make a thread for all thoughts about improving our bench. 

It seems like the growing sentiment is that we need to move Morris to the bench and ideally add a scoring guard with the DPE.  I generally agree with swapping Baynes for Morris, but I think this helps Baynes more than anything else.  Morris is mostly an isolation scorer with the 2nd unit and other teams will make sure to cover him tightly on the perimeter.  This leads back to the same issue of Marcus and Rozier being forced to do too much.  Morris alone doesn't make the bench group difficult to defend.   

As for adding another player I believe a wing or stretch big would help more than adding a scoring guard.  Our old friend Kelly Olynyk serves as a great example of a player that would improve our bench scoring.  I'm not sure who is on the market but does anyone know if Irsan Illyasova still has any game left?  He had a solid season last year and seems like a perfect fit for Brad's system.  I can't imagine that Atlanta feels any need to keep him on the roster. 

Re: Bench Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We should start Theis in place of Morris.  Baynes and Morris could provide some pop from the bench in spurts.