Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Dirk and Noel for the 2018 Title Run

(1/4) > >>

Diggles:
Here is a trade idea ~

We give up our Lakers 2018 pick Abdel Nader and G Yabusele for Dirk and the DPE for Noel.   

Dallas goes into full rebuild and sends Dirk to a us a contender.....   Him and Noel have a no trade clause.   

Is that enough? Is it to much.   Thoughts?     I would have to think real hard about that.   Does Dirk put us over the top?  Is it worth a chance at a top player in this years, or next years draft?   

I can't decide.   

rondofan1255:
No way.

Diggles:
That is my gut reaction too.    I do not see Dirk moving the needle that much in reality vs on paper.    The idea is if Noel is worth having on the roster and gives us a better chance at resigning him next year.   

But then you have to decide on Smart or Noel.   or neither...

That pick could be a great cost controlled young Future piece of the Celtics for 4 years....

Moranis:
Noel is not going to waive his no trade.  Really hurts him financially in the offseason.  I can't imagine Dirk will either, but I'd be ok with Dirk as a bench scoring big.  Not for the Lakers/Kings pick though. 

Moranis:

--- Quote from: Diggles on November 20, 2017, 02:30:55 PM ---That is my gut reaction too.    I do not see Dirk moving the needle that much in reality vs on paper.    The idea is if Noel is worth having on the roster and gives us a better chance at resigning him next year.   

But then you have to decide on Smart or Noel.   or neither...

That pick could be a great cost controlled young Future piece of the Celtics for 4 years....

--- End quote ---
Boston can't sign Noel in the off season unless he signs for one of the exceptions Boston has.  If Noel is traded the acquiring team does not have his Bird rights and thus can only sign him as they could any other free agent from another team.  That is why Noel will not waive his no trade clause.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version