Author Topic: Miami Nights  (Read 2794 times)

Re: Miami Nights
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 11:59:51 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Pressure is good this early. Let them test themselves and refuse to lose.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped this game tonight. I don't want it to happen but a night off in SoBe can be dangerous. I look for bad officiating, early fouls and a messy rough game. Riley will have it no other way. If we will tonight it WILL be earned.
I suspect they'll have to endure all that but I will not accept a loss tonight simply because professional Ass-Hat Stephen A Smith predicted the Heat will win.  i want a win tonight if for no other reason to show he's even dumber than he sounds.

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They might benefit from dropping this one. Seems there is a little bit of pressure building the longer it goes. Enjoying the place a tiny bit and maybe help team relax a little and come out with a healthy calm.

I don't understand posts like this.

We'll somehow benefit from losing to a conference rival? What? Oh, it's because of the "pressure". But if the Celtics can't the pressure of a simple early-season win streak, are we to expect they'll be able to handle the REAL pressure of the playoffs?

The best thing for this team is to keep finding ways to win. Show the young guys that it can be done. They'll lose their fair share anyway and they'll learn from those losses. But they'll learn from these wins as well and they'll become hardened to the type of pressure they'll have to withstand when in a dogfight with Toronto, Washington or Cleveland in the playoffs.
Agreed, losing never makes sense.  Rest assured they will lose somewhere along the way.

If the C's lose due to too much fun in South Beach, then perhaps they are not as engaged with the coach as we thought.
Losing to reduce pressure isn't a bad thing this early. Pushing too hard for a regular season game time after time each game is the grind that puts guys on edge and breaks them down. Early pushing isn't good. Guys need to pace themselves is why I think the win streak means little next to their overall health.
Csfan, that's a different argument.  Sure Brad should watch the minutes, but nobody on that team should want to lose.  That's how your post came out, though maybe it wasn't intentional.
They might benefit from dropping this one.
They might benefit isn't let's lose. It's saying there could be a positive.

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped this game tonight. I don't want it to happen but a night off in SoBe can be dangerous. I look for bad officiating, early fouls and a messy rough game. Riley will have it no other way. If we will tonight it WILL be earned.
this post aged well

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Happy Thanksgiving!

If looked like we were playing in quicksand last night. A step slow to everything. They got way too many layups and our defense just didn't have much resistance.

Our bench has dropped off...we need them to start producing like they were earlier.

It's time to start another streak.

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

The bailouts ended last night. It is now time to get back to playing solid 2 way ball taking smart shots and making smart decisions. sadly we just were not going to learn until we lost. play with fire you will eventually get burned. we got torched last night. sad part is it is fully self inflicted. CBS needs to fix this ASAP. DA needs to get us a bench scorer ASAP! We stopped playing right a few games back and got continously bailed out. let's get back to performance based ball for 48 minutes not a 8 minute stretch in 4th quarter that bails us out.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
I suspect they'll have to endure all that but I will not accept a loss tonight simply because professional Ass-Hat Stephen A Smith predicted the Heat will win.  i want a win tonight if for no other reason to show he's even dumber than he sounds.

welp. so much for that.
LET'S GO CELTICS!