Author Topic: Jayson Tatum!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!!  (Read 10223 times)

Jayson Tatum!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!!
« on: November 19, 2017, 12:08:35 AM »

Offline Jamilmac99

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Just thought he deserved his own thread for those two ridiculous "Jordan like" plays in tonights game. Major, mind blowing, and absolutely ridiculous explosiveness on those two play. The future has arrived! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:16:24 AM by nickagneta »

Re: Jayson F'n Tatum!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:20 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I feel this thread

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Bill Simmons wrote that Tatum looks like a future 28 PPG/50-40-90 guy.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 01:38:23 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anyone remember all the "draft experts" saying he wasn't athletic ? Lol.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 02:46:51 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Bill Simmons wrote that Tatum looks like a future 28 PPG/50-40-90 guy.

That’s basically Durant...

Re: Jayson Tatum!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 02:51:28 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
The kid reminds me so much of Pierce. He isn’t athletic, yet at just 19 he often gets the shot he wants. From a monitor or a desk he looks unathletic, but guarding him is a nightmare. The same was said about Pierce for a decade until he raised the Larry O’Brien trophy.

The future is bright, every team that encounters us has become aware.... we are the team to fear.

Not the Cavs.
Not the Wizards.
Not the Raptors.
Not the Giannis’.
Not the Porzingis’.

But the Boston Celtics.

Lest they forget, we are missing one of the best two-way players in the NBA.

Next season we will not be denied, mark these words.

I trust Danny and I trust Brad.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 03:10:43 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
The kid reminds me so much of Pierce. He isn’t athletic, yet at just 19 he often gets the shot he wants. From a monitor or a desk he looks unathletic, but guarding him is a nightmare. The same was said about Pierce for a decade until he raised the Larry O’Brien trophy.

I really liked the rest of your post but WHAT

Kid is super athletic for his size. He just isn't a unicorn athlete like porzingis or giannis.

https://streamable.com/8p7hw

https://streamable.com/rlkji

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 04:43:45 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The scary thing is that BOTH he AND Jaylen are STILL learning the game...wow.

He's what? 6'8.5" already? And is only 19?

Let Jayson gain about 10-15 more pounds and in today's NBA he can play some time at PF.

Future lineup -

CF - Big Al
F - Tatum
F - GH
SG - Jaylen
PG - Kyrie

That lineup is going to torture folks.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 04:51:10 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
only 19 so his height and length can grow... look at Giannis
with that he will eventually gain more mass as well..

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 05:12:02 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I can't wait to see how his offensive game evolves once he adds 15 lbs of muscle.  His mid-range post/face-up game is going to be a nightmare for teams to defend.  If he really grows another inch or two then he has the chance to be one of those 28 50/40/90 guys.  I am trying to temper my expectations for now though.  I don't think anyone would complain if he became an elite two-way player who falls just short of the top tier.  He doesn't need to reach Durant status if he can impact winning in every facet of the game.

I still believe that the best upside comparison for Tatum is a hybrid of Pierce and Dirk.  The sneaky athleticism, ball handling, and driving remind me of Pierce.  His post game resembles Dirk quite a bit.

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 05:17:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kid is super athletic for his size. He just isn't a unicorn athlete like porzingis or giannis.

Yeah, JT is definitely athletic. He's considerably more explosive than Pierce, but not nearly as strong. Pierce was a beefy 6'6" and 230, whereas Tatum is basically a 6'9" (or so it looks, at least), and about 220.

Worlds apart IMO
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 05:41:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Yeah, JT is definitely athletic. He's considerably more explosive than Pierce, but not nearly as strong. Pierce was a beefy 6'6" and 230, whereas Tatum is basically a 6'9" (or so it looks, at least), and about 220.

Worlds apart IMO

He glides but hes definitely not slow or unathletic, and when he wants to explode, he certainly can.

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 05:51:35 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Worlds apart IMO

I agree for the most part although I think Tatum's athleticism is roughly on par with Pierce.  I think the extra height and length is the reason for better explosiveness.  Tatum cover a lot more ground with his first step. 

The major advantage for Pierce over Tatum as a rookie was his ball handling.  If you watch old highlights he was much more shifty in traffic.  This made him more difficult to defend in ISO situations from the perimeter.  Pierce managed to score efficiently in his early years without the benefit of a motion offense.  One can only imagine how amazing a young Pierce would have been under Brad Stevens' system.     

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 07:43:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Worlds apart IMO

I agree for the most part although I think Tatum's athleticism is roughly on par with Pierce.  I think the extra height and length is the reason for better explosiveness.  Tatum cover a lot more ground with his first step. 

The major advantage for Pierce over Tatum as a rookie was his ball handling.  If you watch old highlights he was much more shifty in traffic.  This made him more difficult to defend in ISO situations from the perimeter.  Pierce managed to score efficiently in his early years without the benefit of a motion offense.  One can only imagine how amazing a young Pierce would have been under Brad Stevens' system.   
Oh man, PP under Brad would be ridiculous. Lucky we have JT, the next best thing ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 08:26:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he reminds me of Tayshaun prince ,  the way he moves gracefully ,  the IQ ,   mature game.....long reach .  .....but maybe even more to offer .   

Tatum reads the game , like a 10 year vet .  He seems to understand " the floor " , where impacts will occur moves ahead , best spots to be in .   All crazy for a 19 year old.   Only Simmons seems to have this much maturity , but his is in a guard mindset .  Tatum has the Prince Pierce small forward game.