Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90757 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #540 on: May 29, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I’m definitely still a fan. 17 points 6 assists 5 boards 1 TO per game in the playoffs.   Awful finish but had Cs season ended Friday rather than today, this thread would be pretty complimentary right now.  TR was a huge reason the C’s made it as far as they did.   He’s shown himself a capable starter who can explode in a game. As many young players, he’s also shown he can implode.  If he improves next year, he’ll set himself up for a great and deserved payday.

This.  The Rozier criticism is an undeserved and totally forseeable overreaction by this fanbase.  He averaged a 5:1 A/To in the playoffs for godssakes.. Yes, he had a bad game seven, but so did every other Celtic not named Tatum.  Marcus Smart for example shot a completely predictable 30% from the floor and 22% from three and no one is throwing him under the bus.

The Celtics are smart enough to know they need a backup plan if Kyrie's knee is as bad as some think so thankfully Rozier isn't going anywhere.

« Reply #541 on: May 29, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'll always be a Scary Terry fan regardless.

As frustrating as Game 7 was, Rozier was one of the big reasons we even got to this point. Most (even on here) didn't even think we'd make it past the first round, yet we did and along the way also "shattered" the Process  ;D

meh. fans' biggest concern is his low BBIQ. it made me pull my hair out or want t o jump out a window. we need a class or clinic that teaches " how to increase your BBIQ 101" .   oh and we need larry bird to teach how to shoot FT's.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
We made it to the Eastern Conference finals game 7 with Terry as our starting point guard--how can anyone not be impressed by his improved play to have accomplished this.  No one at the beginning of the season would have projected that he would be in the 7 man rotation much less the starting point guard on a team that went this far.  So he went cold in game 7 (after a superb game 6), so did James Harden.  Keep working and playing with positive joy---6th man of the year 2019 is what I say.  He already said he accepts that Kyrie will start and he is not talking about being worth more than $14million per.

Praise the kids work, accomplishment and improvement.  No reason to think he won't continue to grow.

Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #543 on: May 29, 2018, 12:53:05 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

As frustrating as Game 7 was, Rozier was one of the big reasons we even got to this point. Most (even on here) didn't even think we'd make it past the first round, yet we did and along the way also "shattered" the Process  ;D

meh. fans' biggest concern is his low BBIQ. it made me pull my hair out or want t o jump out a window. we need a class or clinic that teaches " how to increase your BBIQ 101" .   oh and we need larry bird to teach how to shoot FT's.

Terry Rozier is not a natural point guard, ok--- does he work at it, has he improved and is he coachable --Yes.

If Rozier has a low basketball IQ where is the never improving on offense Marcus Smart on a scale?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #544 on: May 29, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Terry Rozier is not a natural point guard, ok--- does he work at it, has he improved and is he coachable --Yes.

If Rozier has a low basketball IQ where is the never improving on offense Marcus Smart on a scale?

i mentioned this in another thread. yes smart has major issues also. but is way more valuable than rozier based on what both bring to the team. both need to sit down and increase their BBIQ.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #545 on: May 29, 2018, 01:06:08 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
If they won game 7, this thread doesn't exist. Rozier was a real spark until game 7.

Harden shot 15% 3s in game 7 loss vs Warriors. In 3P shooting, that game mirrored the Cavs-Celtics game.

I doubt Harden will be traded just because of one bad game.

As for Ainge, his rotation just got easier to figure out. Irving and Hayward will start. Rozier has earned a prominent spot on the bench.

« Reply #546 on: May 29, 2018, 01:12:20 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
If they won game 7, this thread doesn't exist. Rozier was a real spark until game 7.

Harden shot 15% 3s in game 7 loss vs Warriors. In 3P shooting, that game mirrored the Cavs-Celtics game.

As for Ainge, his rotation just got easier to figure out. Irving and Hayward will start. Rozier has earned a prominent spot on the bench.

wrong

go scroll through 82 game threads. many especially myself saw it long ago how stupid we played at times especially rozier and smart.

also comparing harden to rozier? BWAHAHAHAHAH  laughable.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #547 on: May 29, 2018, 01:25:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If they won game 7, this thread doesn't exist.

Was a flux capacitator on the line? 😉

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #548 on: May 29, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

wrong

go scroll through 82 game threads. many especially myself saw it long ago how stupid we played at times especially rozier and smart.

Rozier played exactly like what a bench guard is. Mediocre, average, and inconsistent.

And two nights ago, he displayed just that. He cannot be our starting PG down the road- we need a superstar point guard and that man will return to the lineup.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #549 on: May 29, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
One thing that nobody has said is, 'If someone else *cough, Al, cough* besides Rozier and Brown had shown up for game 6..', Rozier is a hero and he gets a new-construction one-way side street named after him.

And that's not to say that I think Rozier didn't have one of the worst games of his career at the time when the spotlight was brightest. He did. But game 6 was an elimination game for Cleveland too. And Rozier wasn't the only guy who laid an egg in game 7. Jaylen Brown couldn't hit from outside. Smart couldn't hit. Morris kept making the type of Morris plays that make you not like him. Turnovers. Bad defense on Jeff freakin Green. We weren't ready. End point.

But if you're gonna use that game to hate on Rozier and hibernate when he's playing well, you're just well...you're a hater. That's not basketball analysis, it is animus pure and simple.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #550 on: May 29, 2018, 03:30:51 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I’m still a Terry Rozier fan. Although, I think my perspective is different from others. I see Rozier as a good backup scoring type PG. However, I think any Rozier type of hate may have to do with the many trade Kyrie Irving threads that have popped up lately. Rozier is good, but he is not consistent enough or have the necessary PG skills to be a starting PG on a championship caliber team. I have rolled my eyes and commented almost every time I have seen a trade Kyrie thread pop up. The difference between the two is like saying Harold Miner is the next Michael Jordan. Does anyone remember how stupid that was?

« Reply #551 on: May 29, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

wrong

Rozier had 16.5/5.3/5.7 per game numbers in the playoffs. He brought the team to within 10 points of a game 7 away from being in the Finals. Yeah his BBIQ must be awful. If that's playing stupid I guess if he played smart he would be an All-NBA candidate and we would win the title.

« Reply #552 on: May 29, 2018, 09:37:05 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

wrong

Rozier had 16.5/5.3/5.7 per game numbers in the playoffs. He brought the team to within 10 points of a game 7 away from being in the Finals. Yeah his BBIQ must be awful. If that's playing stupid I guess if he played smart he would be an All-NBA candidate and we would win the title.

he was criticized for his BBIQ all year by way more than just me. instead of just looking at stats go back and watch the games. i am not getting into a pizzing contest over it.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #553 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

wrong

he was criticized for his BBIQ all year by way more than just me. instead of just looking at stats go back and watch the games. i am not getting into a pizzing contest over it.
Forgive me if I don't have the same opinion as a bunch of angry guys in the game threads. There isn't any columnists, talking heads, or people I respect that feel that way and neither do I. I think he plays pretty smartly. A 5 to 1 assist to turnover ratio in the playoffs playing full time minutes tells me that.

Does he take some ill advised shots? Sure but there isn't a guy on the team that doesn't. Does the team go into offensive slumps with him the team? Yup, but it happened all year long with every PG. He's almost always where he is supposed to be on defense. Is an excellent defensive rebounder and definitely likes to push the pace.

His BBIQ is just fine. And so is Smart's and Brown's.

« Reply #554 on: May 29, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
He's a lot better coming off the bench and if you have someone else you can play when he's ice cold! The Celtics wouldn't have gotten as far as they did without him.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:02:36 PM by liam »