Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90828 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #525 on: May 27, 2018, 11:48:05 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Bad shooting night, still hope he’s back next year
I did too, until tonight.  too stupid and inconsistent to be relied upon. 

IF they bring him back, the only consolation I'll take from it is that Kyrie and Jaylen will be on the floor at crunch time and NOT Rozier

Assume you were referring to Jayson and Kyrie? Jaylen tonight was almost as bad as Rozier.

I think he’ll get better, but it’s a disappointing end of a great season of growth.

« Reply #526 on: May 28, 2018, 03:52:24 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
He had a lot of 2-14 and 4-16 nights in this playoffs, very inconsistent, I think Danny will absolutely try to trade him, as his value right now is maybe as high as its ever will be.

« Reply #527 on: May 28, 2018, 04:01:57 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He had a lot of 2-14 and 4-16 nights in this playoffs, very inconsistent, I think Danny will absolutely try to trade him, as his value right now is maybe as high as its ever will be.
I'm on this train as well after tonight, it's one thing to be hot and cold but you can't even perform in the clunch(which supposed to be your selling point) and guard your man(chasing shooters) you are a negative on the court, i will much rather sign players like theis or baynes who are much consistent as a role player

Trade him to the Suns for their first

« Reply #528 on: May 28, 2018, 04:06:54 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
If we do decide to keep Rozier it should be very clear that he’ll be a backup to Kyrie and never step onto the floor in game like this, until Kyrie has passed his peak.

« Reply #529 on: May 28, 2018, 04:22:52 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I’m definitely still a fan. 17 points 6 assists 5 boards 1 TO per game in the playoffs.   Awful finish but had Cs season ended Friday rather than today, this thread would be pretty complimentary right now.  TR was a huge reason the C’s made it as far as they did.   He’s shown himself a capable starter who can explode in a game. As many young players, he’s also shown he can implode.  If he improves next year, he’ll set himself up for a great and deserved payday.

« Reply #530 on: May 29, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #531 on: May 29, 2018, 11:49:57 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bad shooting night, still hope he’s back next year
I did too, until tonight.  too stupid and inconsistent to be relied upon. 

IF they bring him back, the only consolation I'll take from it is that Kyrie and Jaylen will be on the floor at crunch time and NOT Rozier

Assume you were referring to Jayson and Kyrie? Jaylen tonight was almost as bad as Rozier.

I think he’ll get better, but it’s a disappointing end of a great season of growth.
no, Jaylen and Kyrie will be the guards on the floor in crunch time, not Rozier. 

to me, Rozier was more of a problem last night than Jaylen as well as most of the playoffs.  Rozier killed us in the last few minutes gunning bad shot after bad shot.  Jaylen had a (very) bad night but those misses seemed more in the flow of the offense whereas as Rozier was forcing the issue.

« Reply #532 on: May 29, 2018, 11:57:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I’m definitely still a fan. 17 points 6 assists 5 boards 1 TO per game in the playoffs.
I'm not sure I want someone who scores 17 ppg on 40% shooting from the field...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #533 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I’m definitely still a fan. 17 points 6 assists 5 boards 1 TO per game in the playoffs.
Eh his eFG% was an solid .502 he was still a solid offensive contributor. Too reliant on his 3 point shooting.

Just can't buy a shot at the rim still even with his athleticism. Until he improves his finishing its hard to get more efficient for him

« Reply #534 on: May 29, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'll always be a Scary Terry fan regardless.

As frustrating as Game 7 was, Rozier was one of the big reasons we even got to this point. Most (even on here) didn't even think we'd make it past the first round, yet we did and along the way also "shattered" the Process  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #535 on: May 29, 2018, 12:16:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Eh his eFG% was an solid .502 he was still a solid offensive contributor. Too reliant on his 3 point shooting.

Just can't buy a shot at the rim still even with his athleticism. Until he improves his finishing its hard to get more efficient for him
50.2% isn't all that great as eFG% goes.  It certainly isn't terrible, or worst shooter ever (like Smart), but taking Larkin out of it, he was 5th on the team in eFG% (well behind the other 4 starters) yet was 2nd on the team in shots per game.  Unlike Smart, Rozier at least has the potential to really improve, I just wish he didn't shoot so many shots, especially from 3. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #536 on: May 29, 2018, 12:18:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Terry's an excellent backup to have, not a guy I want as a long term starter.  Probably best as a trade piece as long as the Celts can keep Smart.

As good as Terry was at times in the playoffs, ultimately his inconsistency and lack of offense outside of streaks of hot outside shooting contributed to the Celts' painful collapse in Game 7 (and contributed to them failing to win games on the road).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #537 on: May 29, 2018, 12:18:46 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
You can't trash a player and then expect to trade him for something that you wouldn't trash in a similar way.  I don't think Terry is worth nearly as much as fans would want.   

« Reply #538 on: May 29, 2018, 12:25:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Improving at the rim is a big difference maker for anyone but if he's looking for precedent, plenty of guys have done it and later in their careers than TR.

Weirdly, he shot his best clip at the rim this season, but what really passes the eye test is that he took only 18% of his shots at the rim.

But what is also kind of weird is that Kyrie shot a career best at the rim this season, but he also took a career low % of attempts there.

What's it mean? I dunno. Just doesn't seem to follow what I'd expect.

« Reply #539 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
What I would like for TR is to take more shots. He passed up a lot of open 3's. Maybe he goes 0-15 if we played game 7 again. Maybe 0-20. But if he's out there I want him taking those shots and it seems like some games, he just doesn't. Some games he just stops looking for his shot.