Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90732 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #495 on: May 04, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Terry Rozier before this thread: 

9.1 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 34.4% FG%, 32.5% 3PT%

After this thread:

11.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 40.7% FG%, 39.4% 3PT%

Clearly, this thread negatively affected TR’s rebounding.
The numbers say nothing of his season. Just ask the Bucks and th Sixers.
I give more credit to Brad that Terry(so to say) and at this point I am convinced that Brad would turn Antoine Walker into an allstar
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #496 on: May 04, 2018, 02:43:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
at this point I am convinced that Brad would turn Antoine Walker into an allstar

Like this?

x3

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
well looks like we were all wrong on terry. he has been great during the playoffs
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #498 on: May 06, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I'm not sure of another player, recently, who has proven me as wrong as Rozier has. Incredible post-season from him. He barely turns it over, while providing enough play-making.. He's been an elite 3-point shooter, particularly late in games. He's been mostly good on the defensive end.

Very curious what Ainge will do with him now.

« Reply #499 on: May 06, 2018, 11:40:45 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm not sure of another player, recently, who has proven me as wrong as Rozier has.

Outside of draft picks (where I’m wrong all the time), Austin Rivers is the only other guy I can remember being completely wrong about. I thought he was complete garbage, but he turned into an okay rotation player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #500 on: May 06, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
even if he’s much better at home than on the road

...and he had a solid road game 3 after this

:o

Wasn't even confident he would stick in the league at the beginning of the year, and now people are discussing what he assets he can bring back in a trade

Somebody on CB posted a Suns fan site link where a writer on their SBNation was seriously discussing #16 + #31 + for Rozier.

« Reply #501 on: May 06, 2018, 11:44:33 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm not sure of another player, recently, who has proven me as wrong as Rozier has.

Outside of draft picks (where I’m wrong all the time), Austin Rivers is the only other guy I can remember being completely wrong about. I thought he was complete garbage, but he turned into an okay rotation player.

I guess, but like Austin Rivers lucked out that his dad was coaching. If not, he's already out of the league.

Apparently, part of the reason Reddick and CP3 wanted out of LAC was because they had a trade in place to acquire Carmelo (to go along with Griffin, Jordan, Crawford, etc.), and Rivers would have to be included to make salaries work. Doc said no.

Even if you think Carmelo would make no difference at the time, you had to take a chance, but Doc didn't let it happen solely because of his son. I don't blame CP3 and Reddick then. I bet even Blake wanted to leave at first, but come on, when they idiotically offer you 5/173M, of course you take it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #502 on: May 06, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I liked Terry Rozier from the start. Remembering having an discussion with someone, I think triboy, because I said Rozier had the higher upside, would be a much better player and was a much better shooter than RJ Hunter. This was just as Rozier's rookie season was starting and neither Rozier or Hunter had a great pre season. Remember taking some flack for that. Really glad Terry fulfilled his potential.

Funny before the season when the discussion came up about who you keep, Rozier or Smart, the answer seen on CB most often was Smart, because he is the better player. Now the answer is Smart because he will be cheaper and we can get more for Rozier on the open market because he is the better all around player.

« Reply #503 on: May 06, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Yay
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:49:02 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #504 on: May 06, 2018, 01:14:15 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Yeah, my opinion of young guys is usually elastic enough that I leave room to be surprised. Something like Oladipo becoming a legitimate star isn't expected, but to a certain extent you could see signs of it in retrospect.

Rozier's Playoff performance is, to me anyway, pretty much inexplicable unless you were already high on him to begin with.

« Reply #505 on: May 06, 2018, 01:31:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I wonder how much of this is Brad stevens system and how much is Rozier? Obviously Rozier has talent and is making these shots on his own.

But this Brad stevens offense turned Isaiah Thomas into an MVP candidate. and kyrie Irving was having his most "efficient" season this year in Brads offense. brad is maximizing his players strengths while minimizing their weakness'

« Reply #506 on: May 06, 2018, 01:43:11 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Not only is he making shots and assisting and rebounding but the "zero" turnover thing is epic.

« Reply #507 on: May 06, 2018, 02:19:28 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I was just thinking that what would be so cool is to see Brady show up at a Celts game to support them and be wearing a Drew Bledsoe jersey.

« Reply #508 on: May 06, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Terry has one new fan

Drew Bledsoe.  ;D

« Reply #509 on: May 06, 2018, 03:16:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Terry has one new fan

Drew Bledsoe.  ;D