Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90913 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2018, 10:39:10 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
https://twitter.com/cbssportsnba/status/614243589871288320

This had me on the floor laughing in that tweet thread....mostly because it's true  :laugh:

ok fine

« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2018, 11:03:26 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Energy level, rebounding, speed - takes and makes big shots.  Does not shy away from opportunity, ever improving, coachable.  Seeing the floor better.  Handle is always improving.  Can get to the hoop, finding open people better.  Learns from Kyrie.  Learns from his mistakes.  Teammates love him.  Defends within Brad's system.  Makes quick guards work at both ends.

Mistakes but made huge shots in both the Thunder and Blazers wins.

Terry Rozier is a large part of why this team is overachieving. One of my favorite C's.  I am a fan!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The kid’s a bum.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
He's certainly been making up for all his past scrubbery lately.

If he keeps it up I might actually start to believe in him.

That's a scary thought.

« Reply #380 on: March 25, 2018, 09:21:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He's certainly been making up for all his past scrubbery lately.

If he keeps it up I might actually start to believe in him.

That's a scary thought.

Ditto, lol ;D. TP.

« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Terry Rozier has way more upside than Marcus Smart.  Is there any way we can keep them both? 

Terry has really impressed me the way he has played in Kyrie's absence.  KI doesn't have to hurry back from surgery because of T-Roz!

« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2018, 09:46:37 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think you're underestimating T-Roz.

Celtics will field 5 all-stars by the time it is all said and done.

Kyrie, Horford, Brown, Tatum, Hayward and T-Roz as the 6th man.  :)

Question if you had to trade away a young Celtic player in a package for Anthony Davis would you rather give up T-Roz or J-Brown?

Mostly fans don’t consider turnovers in evaluating NBA players. But coaches do!

Terry turns it over at 8.4%, which is outstanding. Last year he was already very good, at 9.7%.  The improvement comes despite his big jump in responsibility this season.
Another stat Rozier has really improved this year. His improvement arc in all his stats is remarkable. Don't know where it ends but if he has 2 more years of the same percentage improvement arc, Rozier becomes a just below All-Star level player. That's how much he has improved from year to year.

Now I don't expect that, that's some lofty expectations for a pkayer to improve that much each year for 4 years, but if he does...wow.

« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Still here never left

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #384 on: March 25, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I don't know what Rozier's limit is but I've long said (though not in this thread) that Rozier just needed to slow down and let the game come to him. He looked out of his control, like a 45 record being played at 78 rpms, and the mistakes were obvious.

I HATE to use this comparison for obvious karma reasons (so I'll apologize now) but he almost reminds me of Tony Allen in the way that Allen just finally seemed to "get it" in his 3rd year. You had to believe that Allen had turned a corner, scoring in double figures 14 consecutive games and 20 or more in 7 of those. Then, of course, Allen suffered a debilitating knee injury after the whistle and that was the end of that. Again, I hope the Karma Gods spare Rozier the same fate.

But the comparisons are somewhat apt. Allen had played about 2,500 minutes before he started that streak. Rozier passed that mark about 3 months ago - almost the same exact point that Allen did when he turned it up. Both guys hit that point in their 3rd year. In both cases it was almost like a light bulb going on - the change was that dramatic.

We never got to see if Allen could sustain or build off of that moment. I'm eager to see what Rozier does in the same situation.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #385 on: March 25, 2018, 10:00:41 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
We're going to need him in a series vs WAS, MIL, or MIA.

He certainly is better since the beginning of this thread, but his playoff round as the starting PG against Wall, Bledsoe, or Dragic will be telling.

« Reply #386 on: March 25, 2018, 10:03:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We're going to need him in a series vs WAS, MIL, or MIA.

He certainly is better since the beginning of this thread, but his playoff round as the starting PG against Wall, Bledsoe, or Dragic will be telling.

Idk about Bledsoe or Dragic, but Rozier has tended to play extremely well against the Wizards, albeit in a reserve role, going back to the playoffs, last year. My only real concern with respect to the prospect of him facing off against the Bucks in the postseason is that they just signed Brandon Jennings, lol ;D.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:23:44 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #387 on: March 25, 2018, 10:19:07 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Another big night for Rozier--33 against the Kings tonite. He could make Danny forget about Smart, but Smart is a rare kind of tough defensive player every championship team needs. The kid has really broken out lately, given the chance to start.

« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2018, 10:29:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
And to think we could have had Bobby Portis.

You suck, Ainge.

« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2018, 10:37:16 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Rozier is the prototypical "energy guy."

Problem is when he starts at point guard for the Celtics, he plays big, really big. Bigger than in his career. This is fun because I always saw him as a great backup and I still do, but, shazzam, he has been puttin' it down and not in his usual up and down way.

He had achieved one thing that I think is really difficult...he is balancing his intensity at both ends. I don't know if Avery Bradley ever got this balance down. Terry Rozier as a starter somewhere? Based on his first 150 starts? Not a chance in heck. Last couple of months? Holy Christmas...maybe.