Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90862 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2018, 10:11:15 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I guess this is why DA is always high on him.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2018, 10:14:06 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Totally agree about the team’s offensive upswing since Smart went out.  Offense looks so much more crisper and a lot less forced shots at the end of the clock.  Not to mention a lot less of Smart’s bonehead turnovers.  Starting to think that Smart is nothing more than another player who thrives in CBS’ system but will struggle elsewhere (I.e., Turner, Crowder, IT and Bradley)

« Reply #302 on: February 02, 2018, 10:18:52 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Good for Terry, I hope he keeps it up.

Of course, he'll be pricing himself out of a new contract with the C's if he does.

« Reply #303 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:31 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I wonder if he just put Smart out of a Celtics uniform?

Why is this a thing?  We need them both, and that's been obvious when they both play and play together all year long... did we forget the rotation after two games?

Smart hasn't capitalized much when given extended minuted and responsibilities. When Rozier is moving the ball like this, Smart's value to the team becomes very limited imo. 3rd string ball handling and you  dont want him spotting up. Hayward will eventually control the ball. I see no relevant reason to pay Smart  even though Rozier can easily take take Reggie Jackson route himself. Smart's defense is game changing, but not franchise changing

« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2018, 10:38:29 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Why is this a thing?  We need them both, and that's been obvious when they both play and play together all year long... did we forget the rotation after two games?

Smart hasn't capitalized much when given extended minuted and responsibilities. When Rozier is moving the ball like this, Smart's value to the team becomes very limited imo. 3rd string ball handling and you  dont want him spotting up. Hayward will eventually control the ball. I see no relevant reason to pay Smart  even though Rozier can easily take take Reggie Jackson route himself. Smart's defense is game changing, but not franchise changing

So you want to play Nader 27 minutes or so instead of Smart?  That's what happened tonight, plus 8 minutes of Allen.  It's not really hard to figure out.

Rozier can play this kind of way with or without him if he is this aggressive and decisive.  This is not going to be either or and also we won't be playing the Knicks and Hawks all season.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #305 on: February 02, 2018, 10:42:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

So you want to play Nader 27 minutes or so instead of Smart?  That's what happened tonight, plus 8 minutes of Allen.  It's not really hard to figure out.

Rozier can play this kind of way with or without him if he is this aggressive and decisive.  This is not going to be either or and also we won't be playing the Knicks and Hawks all season.
120 points happened too so I'd say yeah sure. Let's try it a little longer

« Reply #306 on: February 02, 2018, 10:43:43 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
120 points happened too so I'd say yeah sure. Let's try it a little longer

Make sure we let the NBA bring the Hawks in again to play us.  I'd like that for the rest of the year too.

« Reply #307 on: February 02, 2018, 10:49:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Nah, I'd rather play Evans 30 minutes and Larkin another 5. Or perhaps Marcus Morris for 20 minutes somewhere in there.

I'm sure the team loves Smart's toughness and all, but the last several games are a prime example that there are other ways to win when you don't have to endure a 37% shooter taking 10+ shots.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #308 on: February 02, 2018, 10:52:41 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Nah, I'd rather play Evans 30 minutes and Larkin another 5. Or perhaps Marcus Morris for 20 minutes somewhere in there.

Oh okay we have Tyreke Evans.  ::)  Got it.  I'll sign off this forum for the night lol.

« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
sooo terry rozier has taken the Kelly olynyk approach to playing basketball. can't wait till danny gyp's some sucker again.

« Reply #310 on: February 02, 2018, 10:57:47 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137

As I mentioned Hayward receiving ballhandling in my post, I was refering more  to next season. If we get  Tyreke Evans or a shooter now,  Than there goes your 27 minutes

« Reply #311 on: February 02, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Oh okay we have Tyreke Evans.  ::)  Got it.  I'll sign off this forum for the night lol.
Even if we don't get Evans, when Irving, Morris and Larkin are healthy and Monroe is in uniform, there will be exactly zero minutes for the likes of Nader and Allen. Don't get too bent out of shape there :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2018, 11:08:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Good for Terry, I hope he keeps it up.

Of course, he'll be pricing himself out of a new contract with the C's if he does.
Not necessarily. If the front office decides Rozier is the keeper between Smart and Rozier, perhaps Smart is allowed to walk while Rozier is still in the last year of his rookie contract. Then maybe the contract the team might have gicen to Smart is given to Rozier a year later and he and the Laker/Sac pick are the 6th and 7th men on this team for the next 4 years.

« Reply #313 on: February 03, 2018, 12:46:07 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I always felt Rozier could run the offense.
Smart is a defensive two guard in my mind.

« Reply #314 on: February 03, 2018, 02:17:09 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Wow what a run by Rozier these past 2 games. He’s been playing on an all star level.

I haven’t been a believer of Rozier but Scal/Gorman were spot on when they were talking about his confidence level and body language. Playing as a starter, he has a swagger about him that - when Kyrie gets back - he needs to bring to the second unit. He’s been aggressive looking for his shot in the first unit (as has Horford, actually) and he needs to be just as assertive, even when Smart and kyrie get back.

I think this change in mindset would help the offense a big deal.
- LilRip