Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 91867 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2017, 06:04:23 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Rookie year, it was d-league.

Last year, he earned some minutes in time and eventually contributed in the playoffs.

This year, he is playing regular, if limited, minutes.

I like the trajectory so far, and expect when the game slows down for him, look out.

Still a fan. Could be another solid late 1st round guard pick by Danny.  Not saying he's the next E'Twaun Moore, Delonte, or Rondo, but he is no Shammond Williams or Sebastian Telfair either.

Rozier is already better than Moore or Delonte.

He’s not better than Delonte.

Yes, he is.

Except at scoring, passing, and shooting. I’m not sure that Rozier is even a better defender than D. West.

This has to be one of the strangest posts I've ever read on this site.  This topic is about TERRY Rozier, not CLIFFORD Rozier!

Delonte West was a solid rotation player for years, and Rozier hasn't been better than him nor proven that he can be the same.  Why should he have a higher ceiling?

Yes, DW was exactly as you described.  However, Rozier, barring serious injuries, will be much better than that.  But hey, believe what you will...

« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2017, 06:22:50 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Head and attitude also matter when evaluating a player. So Rozier is already better than Delonte West, both in game impact and numbers (while he is only in his third season and West played like 10 years in the league).

West never averaged over 12 points while playing several seasons more than 30 minutes per game. He was not Stephen Curry or anything close to that  ::) 

« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2017, 06:34:24 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
TP Dario.
Terry is probably the quickest guy in the whole league.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2017, 06:38:37 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I love this thread
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2017, 08:01:55 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I like him better than Smart who I think is just terrible. I just hate they always play together. Brick City
When they are on the floor together, the Celtics outscore opponents by 10.1 points per 100 possessions.

They aren’t perfect but they are a big reason for this.

They are both 23 now and at some point you just have to say they are what they are.  It’s easy to fall into the Kelly Olynyk syndrome where you see pockets of hope every year, but never that big leap in their game.

What’s frustrating for me is Rozier has the physical profile to be so much better.  You see lanes for him to drive so much more if only he was more confident and crafty in his ball handling. He has the burst and first step but rarely uses it IMO.

He’s finally doing the last couple games what I mentioned here with driving to the hoop.  Really good to see. He can drive by so many guards in this league if he puts his mind to it. I’m not really worried about his outside shot too as he had a clean form.

« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2017, 08:16:46 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Head and attitude also matter when evaluating a player. So Rozier is already better than Delonte West, both in game impact and numbers (while he is only in his third season and West played like 10 years in the league).

West never averaged over 12 points while playing several seasons more than 30 minutes per game. He was not Stephen Curry or anything close to that  ::)

Who said he was Steph Curry?

My guess is that you never saw Delonte in his first stint in Boston.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum

You are wrong (again). I've watched all the Celtics games since the Internet has allowed me to do that. So I had to watch people like Dan Dickau or Orien Greene playing for us.

Delonte West was an average starter, not more, in a very bad team at those years. His numbers were decent, but not great. So was his game. I'd like to see Rozier in that situation.

« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

You are wrong (again). I've watched all the Celtics games since the Internet has allowed me to do that. So I had to watch people like Dan Dickau or Orien Greene playing for us.

Delonte West was an average starter, not more, in a very bad team at those years. His numbers were decent, but not great. So was his game. I'd like to see Rozier in that situation.

It’s more you questioning Delonte’s attitude. That’s pure nonsense.

Rozier is a long way from an “average starter” right now, despite two great games. That’s not particularly controversial.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2017, 09:18:07 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum

Rozier is a long way from an “average starter” right now, despite two great games. That’s not particularly controversial.

Nonsense is trying to assume somebody not watching games at a particular time because you don't agree with him. If I talk about something is because I have a based opinion, which may differ from yours and that's all.

Using personal life or habits to "attack" other users is not very classy, especially from a moderator.

« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2017, 09:39:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Nonsense is trying to assume somebody not watching games at a particular time because you don't agree with him. If I talk about something is because I have a based opinion, which may differ from yours and that's all.

Using personal life or habits to "attack" other users is not very classy, especially from a moderator.

There were no personal attacks. I do question how closely you watched Delonte his first time in Boston, though, if you have qualms with his attitude (or effort or work ethic).  I’m sorry if you get offended, but your opinion is absolutely wrong.  Your basketball knowledge of Delonte’s early career seems shallow, unsophisticated and not based in objective reality. Perhaps European access to NBA games then wasn’t what it is now?

Similarly , saying that Delonte is better than Terry Rozier is not the same as saying he’s better than Steph Curry, nor is it saying that Delonte was “great”.   Arguing things that nobody said seems like a poor argumentative technique, but perhaps you learned those skills on the internet, as well?

« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2017, 09:58:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'll take first stint West over Rozier and it's not even that close. West could just do more things on the court. He was a pretty heady player who was able to run the point. Rozier might be the more athletic player, but sometimes he runs around like a headless chicken.

« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2017, 10:00:19 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
A quick cursory look a Terry Rozier's first three years in the league against what Delonte West did his first three years in the league provides pretty strong evidence to refute the idea Rozier was better.

Link

Ignoring raw stats, and focusing on just Per 100 Poss data to adjust for minutes played and pace, Delonte is superior in most categories, including points, assists, and shooting percentage. The only category Rozier has a meaningful advantage is rebounds.

Delonte also had a better PER, WS/48, BPM, and VORP. There just isn't any data to support this notion Rozier has been better than Delonte, which fits with what I have watched with my own two eyes.

Maybe Rozier will someday be better, Delonte didn't have a long, illustrious career due to injuries and mental breakdowns. But early career Delonte was easily better than Rozier has been so far.

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
 It a rozier fan at all.  Think he plays too much hero ball.  Don't hate him because he does some good things.

« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Not a single one .  Ha Ha LOL

« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Year 2 Delonte was putting up 12/5/4 as a starter, with 49/38/85 splits and played above average defense. He was a legitimate PG/SG combo guard.

Rozier is shooting a career high 38% in Year 3 and can't play the point. He's a better rebounder and more athletic.

I really hope Rozier keeps improving, and it's not like the rest of Delonte's career went according to plan, but if you could trade "right now" Rozer for Year 2/3 Delonte, you do it in a heartbeat.