Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90439 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
there's one fan left

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2017, 09:10:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Rozier is simply what he is.

Role player who shows flashes, but is usually just wild and erratic on the court.

He's still young though, and is capable of helping the team win some playoff games if he's hot (sort of like last year, in some games vs. Chicago and Washington).

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Role player who shows flashes, but is usually just wild and erratic on the court.

He's still young though, and is capable of helping the team win some playoff games if he's hot (sort of like last year, in some games vs. Chicago and Washington).

True, but in combination the Brick Brothers are capable of losing us playoff games, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 05:57:48 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65

True, but in combination the Brick Brothers are capable of losing us playoff games, too.

Nice looks like my idea of the brick brothers got stuck with someone  :laugh:

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2017, 06:05:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wish, we had just went with one of Rozier and Larkin and got a guy who can score off the bench.  Maybe Ainge did not trust him so he got Larkin.

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Rozier was a plus one last night and he made his free throws in the clutch.
I don't understand why Celtic fans hate their players.

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Maybe it was the 2-for-8 shooting?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2017, 10:59:35 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

nobody hates anybody. we look at peformances and what is best for us. rozier absolutely sux at times. marcus smart plays very dumb at times but i still like him because he brings alot more than rozier to the table. i really had big hopes for rozier. no, i knew he would not be JT or JB but he can drive to the hoop but he just does not have a high BBIQ sadly and it is burning us. we have some players who make very stupid decisions at critical times. This needs to be fixed. I wonder at times what CBS is telling these guys making these mistakes over and over and over.

We need a bench scorer badly. we only have 3 bench guys now who really contribute. Morris, Theis, and Smart. the rest are all question marks. nader is terrible. larkin is just a retread fill in. I consider baynes a starter with KI, JB, JT and AH. we need a scorer with the DPE who can CONSISTENTLY give us points off the bench and help starters holds leads and maybe even add to leads. 

as far as our current 3 bench guys who we CAn count on in some way here are their attributes:

THEIS can rebound and play D and score some in paint. not known for any outside shooting

MORRIS can create his own shot on ISO from outside

SMART tough defender who can rebound and is terribly inconsistent with shots all over court even in paint.

we need 4 or 5 bench guys for the playoffs. we shouldn't be going any further than 9 or 10 deep anyways. DA needs to make some moves. I am fine with rozier being traded. Hope semi works out but I am not counting on it anymore even though I know this is his first year. But semi SHOULD not be in first 4 off bench anyway so it is a moot point. he will get another year.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Unrealistic expectations generally.

Rozier is a nifty defender and athletic.   He is not a great shooter by any stretch but generally has the athletic ability to find the rim or get by his man or shot off.

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2017, 11:43:15 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Rozier is a nifty defender and athletic.   He is not a great shooter by any stretch but generally has the athletic ability to find the rim or get by his man or shot off.

his BBIQ is terrible. see post above. facts are facts
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2017, 11:49:33 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Rozier is just a limited player. I was never much of a fan, but I don't think it's unfair to expect him, or Smart, to shoot at least 40% from the floor. It's kind of pathetic frankly.

He's just going to have to play better.

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2017, 12:21:42 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I was hoping he could be Robert Pack but he is turning into a rich-man's rebounding Marcus Banks.

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2017, 02:29:50 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Rozier is just a limited player. I was never much of a fan, but I don't think it's unfair to expect him, or Smart, to shoot at least 40% from the floor. It's kind of pathetic frankly.

agreed.

well i was hoping for the best but we need solid consistent contributors from bench. i refuse to believe we cannot do better than rozier off the bench...get to work Danny!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2017, 02:43:58 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501

agreed.

well i was hoping for the best but we need solid consistent contributors from bench. i refuse to believe we cannot do better than rozier off the bench...get to work Danny!

A sharpshooter to pair with either Smart or Rozier changes the bench dynamics significantly.

Hayward back, Morris to the bench and add a 40% 3-point guy -- and we'll have something.  In the meantime, we have two guys in Smart and TR who bring energy, effort, defense, change of pace, and an occasional big shot to the table.  C's aren't GSW yet.  But who here thought we would be? 

« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2017, 03:04:20 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

agreed.

A sharpshooter to pair with either Smart or Rozier changes the bench dynamics significantly.

Hayward back, Morris to the bench and add a 40% 3-point guy -- and we'll have something.  In the meantime, we have two guys in Smart and TR who bring energy, effort, defense, change of pace, and an occasional big shot to the table.  C's aren't GSW yet.  But who here thought we would be? 

right we definitely are not GS yet. I am not even counting hayward yet. morris is a bench guy when baynes starst now as it is.  our bench looked so good early then just dropped off the table. we need 4 or 5 good bench guys for playoffs.  i am not stressing over end of bench last 5 guys lol. hopefully semi can be good next year, not giving up on him this soon. yabu? meh. LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go. he basically brings nothing to the team right now. so raw and needs to learn the game.
LET'S GO CELTICS!