Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90446 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2018, 10:02:43 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
I love Terry but I feel like he's in the Schroder - Reggie Jackson - Bledsoe category of guys who provide a lot of value as a backup but would be unsatisfactory as a long term full time starter.

I was thinking this exact thing yesterday. Rozier can undoubtedly be a starter in the NBA but if he's any higher than your, like, 5th best player your team probably isn't going far.

While I agree that Terry is not a potential lead guard on a contending team. I will counter with:

You are not winning the chip if RW or JW are your best players too.
Even worse, they will NEVER agree not to be the main men.
While they will take the ball out of the hands of a superior player, even if you have him on the roster.
They will use 35% of teams space as well. 40 mil $.

RW (whom I dislike) plays PNR basically all the time, that is effective but simplified basketball IMO, 2-2. It has limits, it is predictible if you can't attack in any other way. No coach has been able to instill an offense in OKC. There is that 10 APG trap - since he is a selfish player.
JW (whom I like) acts like he is a 4 time MVP and 3 time champion when in fact he showed very little regarding winning basketball. He should have beaten us last year if he was that good.
His teammates (Porter, Gortat...) regard him selfish. 10 APG trap once again - selfish player.
Satoransky made his absence easy in the regular season.
Both of those guys can't or won't play off ball. Terry can.

That effectively makes TR better player.
He can accept his role.
Since there is at least proof for him to he can be a part of an offense that includes 5 players - all players not 2 or 3.
He might not be the best in the business, but he can be held accountable and hit a big shot and he will improve. I think that TR is a better, more willing defender that all of the aforementioned; Bledsoe, Jackson, Wall, RWbrook and Schroeder. That also makes him a better fit.

Better player, precisely more talented player in a salary cap league isn't necessarily a better player regarding team success.
And as a fan of a team first, I value and respect that more.

What about JC, GH, EP, ZL, RR, KI, LB, SN, JM, and DS, though?

« Reply #436 on: April 17, 2018, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Quote from: TomHeinsohn link=topic=94455.msg2480391#msg2480391

[/quote

What about them?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2018, 11:06:51 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33

[/quote

What about them?

Just lampooning your gratuitous use of initials  ;D

« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2018, 11:28:17 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

[/quote

What about them?

Just lampooning your gratuitous use of initials  ;D
Just saving ink and forests.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2018, 11:47:29 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Initials overload  :P

« Reply #440 on: April 17, 2018, 12:13:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I love Terry and he has had a great season.

However, Terry is a starting point guard on a non playoff team. He is a 6th man, well above averaged point guard on a playoff/contending team.

I think his role with the C's is perfect for him and that will continue into the future. 26+ minutes a night off the bench backing up Kyrie and playing some minutes alongside him.

Terry is our starting point guard.

We are a play off team.

Even if you remove the games played by Kyrie Irving, we would still be considered a playoff team.

Continue to underestimate him. 

Love this take. 'Count us out all you want' - Terry Rozier

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #441 on: April 17, 2018, 12:57:51 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I love Terry but I feel like he's in the Schroder - Reggie Jackson - Bledsoe category of guys who provide a lot of value as a backup but would be unsatisfactory as a long term full time starter.

I was thinking this exact thing yesterday. Rozier can undoubtedly be a starter in the NBA but if he's any higher than your, like, 5th best player your team probably isn't going far.

While I agree that Terry is not a potential lead guard on a contending team. I will counter with:

While they will take the ball out of the hands of a superior player, even if you have him on the roster.

RW (whom I dislike) plays PNR basically all the time, that is effective but simplified basketball IMO, 2-2. It has limits, it is predictible if you can't attack in any other way. No coach has been able to instill an offense in OKC. There is that 10 APG trap - since he is a selfish player.
JW (whom I like) acts like he is a 4 time MVP and 3 time champion when in fact he showed very little regarding winning basketball. He should have beaten us last year if he was that good.
His teammates (Porter, Gortat...) regard him selfish. 10 APG trap once again - selfish player.

He can accept his role.
Since there is at least proof for him to he can be a part of an offense that includes 5 players - all players not 2 or 3.
He might not be the best in the business, but he can be held accountable and hit a big shot and he will improve. I think that TR is a better, more willing defender that all of the aforementioned; Bledsoe, Jackson, Wall, RWbrook and Schroeder. That also makes him a better fit.

Better player, precisely more talented player in a salary cap league isn't necessarily a better player regarding team success.

You had me until you said "that effectively makes TR a better player".

Agree, if I am correct that RW=Russ Westbrook and JW=John Wall, no, Terry Rozier (TR) is not a better player or even close.  He is doing great for who he is and who most thought he was.

« Reply #442 on: April 17, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He can accept his role.

Had to read the entire post and put my detective hat on to figure out who RW and JW were talking about Terry Rozier, Eric Bledsoe and Reggie Jackson. Dang that's confusing.

« Reply #443 on: April 17, 2018, 10:32:57 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Scary Terry balled out!!   ;D

« Reply #444 on: April 17, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If only he were a more intense player than was better on defense.

« Reply #445 on: April 17, 2018, 10:49:53 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/986396419937521665?s=19

Rocked the 33 tee pregame and dropped 23 a second time. Can't ask for more from Troz.

« Reply #446 on: April 17, 2018, 11:32:07 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

He can accept his role.

They're all busy finishing up those TPS reports.

« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
great game!!

:)

Impressive series overall, the Bledsoe drama too!

« Reply #448 on: April 30, 2018, 10:57:33 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Drew Bledsoe tweeted about the jersey lol.

This jersey ALWAYS loved the long ball!! 💥 @T_Rozzay3

https://twitter.com/DrewBledsoe/status/991141914048122880

« Reply #449 on: April 30, 2018, 10:59:14 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Drew Bledsoe tweeted about the jersey lol.

This jersey ALWAYS loved the long ball!! 💥 @T_Rozzay3

https://twitter.com/DrewBledsoe/status/991141914048122880

This bromance is becoming one of my favorite things, lol.