Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90447 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2017, 11:19:44 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I wonder if Rozier reads these boards and decided to comment on this post non verbally.  He played well tonight.

Rozier plays well most nights.
He played really well in the playoffs, but Celtic fans like to hate on their players.

He’s had more games with an eFG% lower than .375 than he has with one over .500.  He’s shot extremely poorly this year, notwithstanding tonight.

Celtics fans, in general, want to upgrad the team’s weaknesses. That’s not “hate”.

Most of Rozier's shots are 3s.
In the last five games, he is shooting 44% from 3.
It is always good to look deeper at stats.

« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2017, 11:34:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wonder if Rozier reads these boards and decided to comment on this post non verbally.  He played well tonight.

He played really well in the playoffs, but Celtic fans like to hate on their players.

He’s had more games with an eFG% lower than .375 than he has with one over .500.  He’s shot extremely poorly this year, notwithstanding tonight.

Celtics fans, in general, want to upgrad the team’s weaknesses. That’s not “hate”.

Most of Rozier's shots are 3s.
In the last five games, he is shooting 44% from 3.
It is always good to look deeper at stats.

eFG% accounts for threes.  His shooting has been terrible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2017, 12:37:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Still I bet he had some fans tonight I wager

« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:11 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Yes. For example as you said in this thread, with a G-League player (where James Young scores 40) or a cooked FA like Deron Williams instead of Rozier.

What an upgrade  :laugh:

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Celtic fans like to hate on their players.

I actually think Boston Fans tend to overrate our players.   The rest of league knew that Sullinger gassed and a lost cause before many here did.   People always think that our free agents are going to command a lot more than they do.    Haven't you ever seen some of the lop-sided trades that are proposed here?   Or the talk about Yabusele being the next Draymond Green.   So I clearly think that the opposite is true.

It's a City of Champions so expectations are high.   Winning is expected in Boston and Championships are the end goal just not making the playoffs or having a good year.   People expect to win and if you're a detriment to winning you're resented and the flaws are pointed out.  But the caveat is, if you overestimate your talent and expect to win it is only natural that guys who don't perform will take the heat.

« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2017, 07:49:27 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Celtic fans like to hate on their players.

I actually think Boston Fans tend to overrate our players.   The rest of league knew that Sullinger gassed and a lost cause before many here did.   People always think that our free agents are going to command a lot more than they do.    Haven't you ever seen some of the lop-sided trades that are proposed here?   Or the talk about Yabusele being the next Draymond Green.   So I clearly think that the opposite is true.

This is nonsense.  All fans of teams rate their players higher than players on other teams.  It's called bias.  I am sure Magic fans think Elfrid Peyton's hair looks good.

As for Rozier, he is a 23-year old on a rookie deal who at this time is a plus defender and elite rebounder for a PG.  His shooting is not good enough and he is not a creator.  The question is:  will those deficiencies improve?  If you are a fan of his, you are betting yes.  If you are not, you are betting no.  That simple.

I think most Celtics fans are of course fans of Rozier and therefore think that he still has room to improve.  That is not overrating.

« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Still I bet he had some fans tonight I wager

sure. rozier is bi polar though in his shooting. we need CONSISTENCY not dr jeckyll and Mr hyde.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2017, 10:30:16 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
When is the OP going to admit he was wrong?

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
I never doubted Rozier for a second!

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2017, 10:48:42 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

That’s not what Mr. Hobbs does. He just....doesn’t.

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2017, 10:53:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wait...Rozier had two good to great games. He has sucked for weeks. Let's see Rozier consistently shooting and contributing well before having someone say they were wrong about Rozier. Terry's last two games of shooting is a complete anomaly as compared to the rest of his career.

« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2017, 10:55:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

That’s not what Mr. Hobbs does. He just....doesn’t.

In his defense, I think he admitted to being wrong about the Nets trade and seems to be warming up to the idea that Ainge made the correct choice in opting for Tatum over Fultz.

« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2017, 10:58:01 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Rozier was good, off for a while, then had his two best games the last two.  No reason to be negative on him.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2017, 11:01:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Rozier was good, off for a while, then had his two best games the last two.  No reason to be negative on him.
There is plenty of reason
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2017, 11:04:56 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
There is plenty of reason

lol oh okay nevermind then.

I think he can shoot 3's for example.  His shooting will even out.  I think he still has a lot of upside.  But he is not a guy you want to rely on.  The Celtics shouldn't have to (and especially wouldn't if they had Hayward).  I'm sorry but I don't see much to be outraged about.  Even if you want more of a PG, you can play Larkin and he has given the team good minutes this year.  I like Rozier and the last two games are encouraging.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford