Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90426 times)

Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:17:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If so, what do you see in this kid?

If you need rebounds out of your backup PG, I guess he’s okay. Otherwise, he’s got to be one of the worst rotation players in the NBA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:19:33 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
He has the best defensive rating in the team according to basketball-reference. But I don't know how accurate that site is.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:32:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
NO

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:41:53 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Sorry to rain on this parade.  Love the guy.  Great energy ALWAYS.   Sometimes it causes problems for him, sometimes for the opponent.   Still young.  Will keep getting better.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Sorry to rain on this parade.  Love the guy.  Great energy ALWAYS.   Sometimes it causes problems for him, sometimes for the opponent.   Still young.  Will keep getting better.

Has he gotten better?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:55:46 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
http://bkref.com/tiny/hzXr4

He's been better than Smart, but both have been disappointing.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 10:00:35 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Here's one. Energy, rebounding, defense, rookie contract. You can't have ten stars on a team, it's a good backup.

Hopefuly he will improve his shot selection a bit and improve his %.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 10:00:42 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
I've been a supporter and was still high on Rozier even if he didn't improve much over the course of last season.  He's a remarkably fluid athlete who could be a solid scorer if he put his ball-handling, quickness, and decision making together.  His game is herky-jerky yet at the same time smooth- it seems like he glides with the ball at times and his explosiveness seems effortless.

I'm beginning to lose faith however since he continues to shoot poor percentages despite good looks (esp from 3).  His decision making is maddeningly poor at times.  And he consistently loses his man on defense, leading to open perimeter shots for the other team.  He just hasn't improved much.

I like his energy and rebounding and I'm still keeping my mind open about him, but won't shed any tears if we trade or don't re-sign him.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think he's clutch. I like him for his rebounding as well. Gotta keep our expectations in check

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Terry has fantastic energy, is in the vicinity for every loose ball/rebound, plays hard D, and can absolutely hit an open 3. I wish he would better figure out his driving game since he moves so well and covers so much ground, but it doesn't look promising.

And, what's your solution, to play Larkin more or unleash Smart's outside shooting on the opponent? As a back-up guard making under $2M/yr, I am not sure what else we could hope for. He is an all-world athlete and proven NBA player - with [believe it or not] still potential to tighten things up on the offensive end.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »

Offline DooVoo

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 32
What exactly are you expecting from your backup PG? I know we are 15-2 and have reached the point where a fandom has to find flaws or things to complain about but Terry Rozier isn't one of them.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 10:10:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Terry has fantastic energy, is in the vicinity for every loose ball/rebound, plays hard D, and can absolutely hit an open 3. I wish he would better figure out his driving game since he moves so well and covers so much ground, but it doesn't look promising.

And, what's your solution, to play Larkin more or unleash Smart's outside shooting on the opponent? As a back-up guard making under $2M/yr, I am not sure what else we could hope for. He is an all-world athlete and proven NBA player - with [believe it or not] still potential to tighten things up on the offensive end.

He hasn’t improved in three years, he is a really bad shooter, and defensively he always takes the second best guard so his impact is mitigated.

Well over half his minutes have been next to Smart. Having two guys the opponent barely has to cover will eventually bite us.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 10:16:28 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

He hasn’t improved in three years, he is a really bad shooter, and defensively he always takes the second best guard so his impact is mitigated.

Well over half his minutes have been next to Smart. Having two guys the opponent barely has to cover will eventually bite us.

Not sure that answers jambr380's question.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
What exactly are you expecting from your backup PG? I know we are 15-2 and have reached the point where a fandom has to find flaws or things to complain about but Terry Rozier isn't one of them.

Do you know how many guys playing 20mpg have both a lower eFG% and fewer assists per game than Rozier?

Zero. Not a single rotation player.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Not sure that answers jambr380's question.

My solution? Acquire a guy who can play. I don’t care if it’s a free agent like Deron, a trade, a D-League call-up, etc. Backup PGs who can’t shoot or pass aren’t worth having, especially when they’re playing beside an even worse shooter.