Author Topic: If LAC continues to stumble, Lou Williams for the DPE?  (Read 2974 times)

Re: If LAC continues to stumble, Lou Williams for the DPE?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
The value of getting a Bellinelli or a Lou Willams is that it allows Kyrie, Jalen, and Tatum to play less minutes per game so they are fresher for the playoffs.  I’d prefer Bellinelli but would also be happy with Lou.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 09:52:19 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I read this on MassLive:

If Hayward makes a full recovery before the Celtics' season ends, he can return with no penalty to Boston or the player acquired with the DPE.

So we could do both, sign/trade for a useful player and also get Hayward back at the end of the season?  Talk about having your cake and eating it too?  I guess we would have to cut someone from the roster to add Hayward in that case but we have dispensable players at the end of the roster.

As for Williams, I get the interest but I would not go for him, for sure not now.  No need to rush (we have until March 10).  We may suffer an injury or a team we don't suspect may have a fire sale along the way.  No need to make an impulse buy for someone like Lou Williams.

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 11:43:39 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://twitter.com/16WinsARing/status/933492268580745216

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb0RJ2whguw/

Beverly out for the season. Clippers shopping Jordan. The "Brick Brothers" killing our bench.

Yeah, I think now would be a good time to be considering the DPE for Williams.

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 11:56:38 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think waiting is better than making reactionary moves.