Author Topic: If LAC continues to stumble, Lou Williams for the DPE?  (Read 2972 times)

If LAC continues to stumble, Lou Williams for the DPE?
« on: November 18, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I know most people want us to use the DPE on a bench big, but I think we should prioritize scoring off the bench with the DPE.

One person who would be ideal for that role is Lou Williams, who is scoring 17 points per game for LAC off the bench. He's owed $7 million this year (the last year of his contract), and it seems doubtful that LAC would insist on keeping and resigning him if they continue to play so terribly and be outside the playoff picture.

How much do you think it'd cost to get him? Would he be worth giving up the DPE and our own pick this year with something like a top-20 protection?

Re: If LAC continues to stumble, Lou Williams for the DPE?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Him or Belinelli, we need a scorer off the bench. That would allow us to rest our better players each game so they are ready for the long playoff run.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I'd take either player. The offense of the 2nd unit is cringe-worthy and Marcus Morris can't keep ISOing every player when he's out there with the bench unit.

I'd give the clips the DPE and Boston's own pick with no protections if they ask for it. The C's need help with the 2nd unit bad.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 06:03:34 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'd take either player. The offense of the 2nd unit is cringe-worthy and Marcus Morris can't keep ISOing every player when he's out there with the bench unit.

I'd give the clips the DPE and Boston's own pick with no protections if they ask for it. The C's need help with the 2nd unit bad.

Wut?

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton

Wut?

What? The pick would be in the mid-late 20's wouldn't it? I don't think a 20-something pick is gonna crack the rotation of a team with championship aspirations. Lou Will has been one of the best bench players in the league since he's been in it, I think you take that chance.

The C's are sporting the absolute worst shooting bench in the league right now, they need help. If no improvements can be made with Rozier/Smart, I'd make the deal.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Great another scoring first point guard with absolutely nothing to offer other than scoring...

Would rather take Gerald Green. Cost the vet min, knows the system, and can catch fire in the playoffs as evidenced by the Chicago series.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Honesty, role with the team we got. Warriors win was nice, but realistically we aren't beating them in a seven game series unless one of their stars goes down, even then they are probably favored. So why wasted minutes on a retread like Williams? Let rozier get the minutes, continue to increase brown's role in the offense.  Those options make you better for next year, when we might truly have a shot to contend with Hayward back.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 06:44:57 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
Great another scoring first point guard with absolutely nothing to offer other than scoring...

Would rather take Gerald Green. Cost the vet min, knows the system, and can catch fire in the playoffs as evidenced by the Chicago series.

Another? As in we already got one?

Edit: And it didn't seem like Green played in a system to me. I didn't have league pass last season, but for the few games I saw, it looked like he just shot the ball whenever he was on the court.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 06:53:42 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I think the 2nd unit needs a shooter more than it needs a scorer. That's why I think Belinelli is the more realistic target especially since he's on a team that's not really trying to win.

I'm just excited for buyout season because the Celtics have the edge on basically everyone else.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
No
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I would do it. It would give us the firepower that we need in games where the rookies or the 2nd unit are struggling with scoring the basketball.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm not a Lou Williams fan, I really have a hard time finding anyone for the DPE that makes much sense though......

so maybe?

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 11:30:05 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'm not a Lou Williams fan, I really have a hard time finding anyone for the DPE that makes much sense though......

so maybe?
I'd rather take a flyer on someone like Okafor than Lou Williams. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 10:22:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Don't worry, guys, Ainge is just waiting until OJ Mayo is reinstated, lol :laugh:.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't he take minutes from Terry?

Also, yes he would be good off the bench when Kyrie is not out there and we need someone to get buckets, but I don't think he could ever share the floor with Kyrie because we would be too small on defense.