Author Topic: Brad Stevens: Win streak shouldn’t be considered valid  (Read 4861 times)

Brad Stevens: Win streak shouldn’t be considered valid
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
"We haven't played well enough to consider this win streak to be valid in my opinion," Stevens said Saturday morning at Boston's shootaround at Philips Arena. "We've figured out ways to win games. We gotta play a lot better."

"We've got to be better, and we know that," Stevens said. "We can't get so caught up in the results of all these games and ride that emotion. We've been fortunate to win a lot of the games in this streak, including Thursday night

Motivational technique, or the truth?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Brad Stevens: Win streak shouldn’t be considered valid
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 02:41:28 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
"We haven't played well enough to consider this win streak to be valid in my opinion," Stevens said Saturday morning at Boston's shootaround at Philips Arena. "We've figured out ways to win games. We gotta play a lot better."

"We've got to be better, and we know that," Stevens said. "We can't get so caught up in the results of all these games and ride that emotion. We've been fortunate to win a lot of the games in this streak, including Thursday night

Definitely both. Our offense needs work!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Man, do I love Brad.

Can we give him a 20-year contract extension?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd imagine a bit of both.  Even the Warriors know they have areas they can improve on and get better at.  The ability to consistently strive to improve, even when you're already on the top of the mountain, is what separates the 'very best' from the 'just good'.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Motivational technique.

We won 14 games in a row.  That's a fact.  Yes, we need to get better at generating and hitting good shots.  But that doesn't void the winning streak - just as the winning streak doesn't mean we have nothing to work on.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
The win streak has been great, great defense but i have been watching the nba for too long to give the win streaks to much of an importance.

The biggest take is that our offense needs to get better and it is not even a concern that it won't improve. We have had players in and out of the line up and hopefully with everybody on board we will start to score 110 points a night.

Brad is saying the right things but we have looked spectacular so far with great defense, great rebounding, great depth all the things that make a championship team.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Barkley , Cowherd, Mazz, CBS ... you fools all the same!

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 03:48:16 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Definitely both. Our offense needs work!
Agreed, these are all young and unaccoplished or hungy veteran guys. Brad too, so they (and we fans) can't be satisfied with this "November chapionship".

Edit: although I am happy as a baby that we are riding this 14 (I predicted 47 on the thread) winning streak. :)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 04:08:29 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Motivational technique.

We won 14 games in a row.  That's a fact.  Yes, we need to get better at generating and hitting good shots.  But that doesn't void the winning streak - just as the winning streak doesn't mean we have nothing to work on.

BINGEAUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!  we still need to stay focused on the process of PERFORMANCE and the results will come. he is right we have gotten some luck with our results compared to performances BUT WE WILL TAKE IT AND IT IS LEGIT! everybody needs some luck in these streaks and or title runs.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I love Brad. It ain't all sweet just because the C's have been winning games. They still got work to do.

There was a thread where a contributor (can't remember the name) made a list of the offensive and defensive rankings of every NBA champion for the last 10 years. The average defensive rankings for those teams was 4.7, the average offensive ranking was 5.2.

Suffice it to say, if the C's really have championship aspirations, they need to have an offense and defense hovering around top 5 in the league. They got the defensive numbers of a championship team, but they won't be able to survive with offense this bad. They still have to figure some things out.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 04:13:23 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I like the technique. To be honest they do leave a lot of buckets out there. I wish we had more cutters and paint buckets.

...but I'm not complaining. The PnR with Horford and Kyrie is deadly and it hasn't even matured yet. Think about how many players we can run PnR with...even with Hayward.

I absolutely LOVE the way this team is built.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I like the technique. To be honest they do leave a lot of buckets out there. I wish we had more cutters and paint buckets.

...but I'm not complaining. The PnR with Horford and Kyrie is deadly and it hasn't even matured yet. Think about how many players we can run PnR with...even with Hayward.

I absolutely LOVE the way this team is built.

smart and theis theis baby are great at PNR
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 04:29:07 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Both.  Brad knows the deal. Championship teams almost always are top 10 in both O and D. Streak has been awesome, but we are best defense in league with a below average offense right now. Offense has to get to at least above average before we are seriously a threat to the Warriors, Rockets (I don’t know their D ranks off top of my head) etc.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Exactly what he said.

They made winning plays. They figured out how to win games.

But that doesn't mean they were playing good basketball, especially on the offensive end. They've been downright ugly at times. We have to get better there.

The cool thing is that we have another 2-3 levels we can go up on offense with our players. And then another level after that when Hayward gets back.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
total truth.

this team isn't as good as their record says they are. but given the circumstances they've earned it.