Author Topic: Lay off Lonzo  (Read 4744 times)

Re: Lay off Lonzo
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Sidenote: what the [edited] is there to be mad about on this blog? We're at the absolute high-point of Celtics basketball since when? 2012? This is the best things have been in 5 years and people are asking what we need to do to succeed, who to add, etc. It's confusing.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:21:41 PM by Roy H. »
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Sidenote: what the **** is there to be mad about on this blog? We're at the absolute high-point of Celtics basketball since when? 2012? This is the best things have been in 5 years and people are asking what we need to do to succeed, who to add, etc. It's confusing.

Regardless of the success, the Celtics are still a very flawed team. They are among the worst offensive teams in the league, and have been playing defense that is unlikely to be sustained over the course of an 82-game season.

Things are going well as of now but the C's have areas that need to be addressed. 

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I see nothing wrong with "hating" Lonzo as a sports personality, and in fact think he deserves the majority of the derision he receives. He's a terrible basketball player who is in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

So I say keep piling on, and don't lay off.

Do you seriously see nothing wrong with hating? You have no conceivable flaw to the logic with hatred?

I don't hate Lonzo as a human being, I don't even know the kid.

As a sports personality, yes, I do dislike, or "hate", if you will, Lonzo.  He represents everything that is wrong with sports marketing and fake celebrity.  He's a terrible basketball player who receives undue hype due to his father, where he went to school, and the NBA team he plays for.

Some of ya'll really need to get off your soap box.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Sidenote: what the **** is there to be mad about on this blog?

Who here ever said anything about being mad?  Seems to me you're just projecting.

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He’s got to do three things to make CelticsBloggers respect him:

1. Play well;

2.  Leave the Lakers;

3.  Distance himself from his hype man father and his two brothers (one of whom is a criminal, while the other drops racial slurs on national TV and is a prima donna who can’t stand up to the competitive rigor of high school ball).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
That's a good point and I agree with you. But do you see what I mean about allowing yourself to be happy during this period of time?

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
Sidenote: what the **** is there to be mad about on this blog?

Who here ever said anything about being mad?  Seems to me you're just projecting.

Sorry. I'd cite the What Additions Can We Make, Should We Trade While Player Xs Value is Up, type of threads as threads that express a desire to change a team on a 14 game win streak.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 02:26:43 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Kids got a broken shot that would need to rebuilt completely.

He is his father’s (a man who is as far out of reality as they get) puppet and they want to live on the hype train, they have to die on it.

I’m loving how trash he’s been playing. Yeah he may put up decent stats other than scoring, but he a PG with an 84 ORtg, 17 points less than his DRtg, which is brutal, even for the Lakers.

I hope the Lakers draft the other two Ball brothers too.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
He’s got to do three things to make CelticsBloggers respect him:

1. Play well;

2.  Leave the Lakers;

3.  Distance himself from his hype man father and his two brothers (one of whom is a criminal, while the other drops racial slurs on national TV and is a prima donna who can’t stand up to the competitive rigor of high school ball).

I'd respect him plenty if he did #1 & #3.  I think most people are capable of respecting opponents, even Lakers players, if they play well enough to earn it.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 02:50:19 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I see nothing wrong with "hating" Lonzo as a sports personality, and in fact think he deserves the majority of the derision he receives. He's a terrible basketball player who is in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Well, you're wrong. Happens to the best of us. He's not a terrible player and is mostly in the spotlight because he was a very good college player.
come on

he was good

but that's not why he's hyped up more than any other player since lebron
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Do you seriously see nothing wrong with hating? You have no conceivable flaw to the logic with hatred?

I don't hate Lonzo as a human being, I don't even know the kid.

As a sports personality, yes, I do dislike, or "hate", if you will, Lonzo.  He represents everything that is wrong with sports marketing and fake celebrity.  He's a terrible basketball player who receives undue hype due to his father, where he went to school, and the NBA team he plays for.

Some of ya'll really need to get off your soap box.
TP, my dude!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I suppose you don't want the Laker pick.If they keep losing by all means keep playing Lonzo the leader of Lakers. Their big hope to fast track LA and get Lebron and Paul George.

I grew up watching Russell,Cousy,Sam Jones and LA with Jerry West,Wilt and Elgin Baylor.
 That is when things were black and white, even TV's and politically correct wasn't in anybodies vocabulary.The Tv's sound turned off and radio tuned to Johnny Most  with his gravelly voice  a legend of a homer.
The Lakers were the enemy and basketball playoffs were war in silk shorts-players bandaged and playing 40 minutes even limping.
I hope that Lonzo gets labeled BUST and it becomes a refection on Magic and his choice.I hope they have a dismal season and we get their pick

LA LA LAND GOES BUST-i still remember all the balloons held in the rafters because the Lakers were so sure they were closing the celts out-they lost
Iit was East Coast Grit vs LA flash
 Even All Star games were played hard-EAST vs WEST

I live in England but from Boston, my wife English uses"that not fair"and i hate that phrase .I used to say to my son just play hard and play to win and earn it.
What I don't understand about this logic is- don't you wan't the Lakers to be good so that the rivalry actually means something? Why do people want the Lakers to fail? We should want them to be good so that we can beat them and it's that much sweeter.

Have you looked at the championship count lately? 2010 was absolutely devastating - instead of being up 18-15, we are only barely ahead of them at 17-16  (I also agree with the LA/Minny championship split, but not everybody does).

Until we hoist a few more championship trophies, I am perfectly happy having the Lakers be as bad as possible. I don't even want them to make the playoffs as the 8th seed as it would give them a 'chance.' Lonzo Bonzo leading that team into the ground would be perfect for me.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lol, no. It's fun ans he makes it really easy to hate his game and the way he acts
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I am sure Lonzo will be fine...he should break all the records and rise to great fame in China someday.
well, that depends upon the level of his steals, no?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2017, 04:10:23 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Sidenote: what the **** is there to be mad about on this blog? We're at the absolute high-point of Celtics basketball since when? 2012? This is the best things have been in 5 years and people are asking what we need to do to succeed, who to add, etc. It's confusing.

Regardless of the success, the Celtics are still a very flawed team. They are among the worst offensive teams in the league, and have been playing defense that is unlikely to be sustained over the course of an 82-game season.

Things are going well as of now but the C's have areas that need to be addressed.
yep, but maybe the celtics will get lucky in the off season and pick up a great offensive player. maybe someone like gordan hayward!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva