Author Topic: Lay off Lonzo  (Read 4740 times)

Lay off Lonzo
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
I'm so tired of the Lonzo hate. He's a kid who loves  to play the game and is being treated unfairly. I don't care that he's a millionaire and I don't care what his dad has said. He's a 20 year old kid with two triple doubles in his 1st 15 games. Any other rookie and he'd be heralded but because of the inexplicable expectations people put on him, he's a bust perhaps.

Just remember, he's a kid and if you hate him because he plays for the Lakers, you need to seriously address your priorities in life. He has shown mental toughness and I def believe he will succeed.

Re: Lay off Lonzo
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 12:15:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
it is celticsblog. we, by our very appearances here, hate and loath and detest and despise all things lakers. always. forever.

that lonzo is a laker means we all hate him. it is an automatic, a given.

what better priority for our lives could there be?????????????????   ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I honestly like Lonzo and think he's going to be fine. I also really think Lavar is just trolling the world and he's highly entertaining. If you take anything Lavar says seriously, and it makes you mad you need to check yourself. Lavar is basically black Trump except he's hurting absolutely no one with his outlandish comments.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I see nothing wrong with "hating" Lonzo as a sports personality, and in fact think he deserves the majority of the derision he receives. He's a terrible basketball player who is in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

So I say keep piling on, and don't lay off.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:22 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
What does “hater” mean nowadays?

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
A rookie with 2 triple doubles in 15 games is averaging 31-23-46 shooting splits. I don't think they'd be heralded all that much to be honest, especially if you're a #2 pick.

Sure there is extra media hype over Lonzo because of Lavar but screaming "Bust!" after a few poor games of a high draft pick is nothing new at all, especially if they're playing THIS historically bad in a city as big as LA.

Lonzo/Lavar Ball declined to work out for the C's, so I automatically am not fond of him or his camp for thinking less of this franchise. I just hope he doesn't break down mentally from this type of thing, but other than that, I hope he continues to play poorly.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 12:53:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
A rookie with 2 triple doubles in 15 games is averaging 31-23-46 shooting splits. I don't think they'd be heralded all that much to be honest, especially if you're a #2 pick.

Sure there is extra media hype over Lonzo because of Lavar but screaming "Bust!" after a few poor games of a high draft pick is nothing new at all, especially if they're playing THIS historically bad in a city as big as LA.

Lonzo/Lavar Ball declined to work out for the C's, so I automatically am not fond of him or his camp for thinking less of this franchise.

Pretty much how I see it too. He hasn't been very good aside from a couple of games. And he hasn't been playing in the fourth much.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I am sure Lonzo will be fine...he should break all the records and rise to great fame in China someday.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:24:40 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I suppose you don't want the Laker pick.If they keep losing by all means keep playing Lonzo the leader of Lakers. Their big hope to fast track LA and get Lebron and Paul George.

I grew up watching Russell,Cousy,Sam Jones and LA with Jerry West,Wilt and Elgin Baylor.
 That is when things were black and white, even TV's and politically correct wasn't in anybodies vocabulary.The Tv's sound turned off and radio tuned to Johnny Most  with his gravelly voice  a legend of a homer.
The Lakers were the enemy and basketball playoffs were war in silk shorts-players bandaged and playing 40 minutes even limping.
I hope that Lonzo gets labeled BUST and it becomes a refection on Magic and his choice.I hope they have a dismal season and we get their pick

LA LA LAND GOES BUST-i still remember all the balloons held in the rafters because the Lakers were so sure they were closing the celts out-they lost
Iit was East Coast Grit vs LA flash
 Even All Star games were played hard-EAST vs WEST

I live in England but from Boston, my wifeis English uses"that's not fair"and i hate that phrase .I used to say to my son just play hard and play to win and earn it.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:36:54 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 01:37:05 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
leave Brittney alone
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 01:38:29 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
I see nothing wrong with "hating" Lonzo as a sports personality, and in fact think he deserves the majority of the derision he receives. He's a terrible basketball player who is in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Well, you're wrong. Happens to the best of us. He's not a terrible player and is mostly in the spotlight because he was a very good college player.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
I suppose you don't want the Laker pick.If they keep losing by all means keep playing Lonzo the leader of Lakers. Their big hope to fast track LA and get Lebron and Paul George.

I grew up watching Russell,Cousy,Sam Jones and LA with Jerry West,Wilt and Elgin Baylor.
 That is when things were black and white, even TV's and politically correct wasn't in anybodies vocabulary.The Tv's sound turned off and radio tuned to Johnny Most  with his gravelly voice  a legend of a homer.
The Lakers were the enemy and basketball playoffs were war in silk shorts-players bandaged and playing 40 minutes even limping.
I hope that Lonzo gets labeled BUST and it becomes a refection on Magic and his choice.I hope they have a dismal season and we get their pick

LA LA LAND GOES BUST-i still remember all the balloons held in the rafters because the Lakers were so sure they were closing the celts out-they lost
Iit was East Coast Grit vs LA flash
 Even All Star games were played hard-EAST vs WEST

I live in England but from Boston, my wife English uses"that not fair"and i hate that phrase .I used to say to my son just play hard and play to win and earn it.
What I don't understand about this logic is- don't you wan't the Lakers to be good so that the rivalry actually means something? Why do people want the Lakers to fail? We should want them to be good so that we can beat them and it's that much sweeter.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I can speak for everyone in saying that I want that LA pick to convey. Imagine our squad with Hayward and a guy like Bamba/Ayton/Doncic in the mix! The Lakees will remain a bottom 5-10 team as long as Lonzo continues to play the way he is. That's the only hope we have of gwtting that pick, so if I as a Celtics fan, can contribute to that cause by throwing out as much shade, bad juju, and bad vibes in to the atmosphere, and hope that it finds its way to Lonzo's fragile, young mind, then so be it!

BEAT LA

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
His line last night was 666!!:-))))))))))

That tells me ALL I need to know!!!

That is a JOKE for those of you that did not figure that out.

But, he seriously did have 6 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 asssists!!

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 02:03:31 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38

Do you seriously see nothing wrong with hating? You have no conceivable flaw to the logic with hatred?
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy