Author Topic: Odd behavior from Lonzo  (Read 2305 times)

Odd behavior from Lonzo
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Re: Odd behavior from Lonzo
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:04:02 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
What a wimp. I understand being smart and not contributing to the fight itself, but you’re supposed to be the leader. At least join your teammates and pull him away. That’s YOUR squad

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:42 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I've seen nothing out of Ball so far that leads me to believe that he actually wants to be playing basketball for the Lakers (this, the timeouts, the standing around watching on the court, etc).. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. People like this are just in it for the money and have no passion. He's already going to be rich forever because as Americans we obsess over people like this and his reality show will eventually be picked up by the Kardashian network, and he'll roll out a clothing brand and a cologne, etc and everyone will buy it.

This is why I continuously call Lonzo a bust. Look at Brown and Tatum. The guys bust their asses every single day because they're  doing what they love. You can just look at Tatum playing and see that he enjoys playing Basketball.

Eventually the coach will have to make a decision. Am I coaching to win or am I coaching to save Magic's job?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:42:15 AM by Erik »

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What did we want him to do?

Go in there with his fists flying? So we can call him a thug?

"Just like his thief brother"..............

Or did we want him to go over there and "act" like he was pulling folks aside and trying to break it up?

The vast majority of NBA "fights" if you will - are not even.

Dude was already several feet away from it and by the time he would've gotten there it would've either been over or could've very well escalated..

Lonzo's got a lot on his plate right now. I'm pulling for him.

Rivalries aside I "WANT" him to succeed. I believe he's another Jason Kidd in several years.

I "WANT" another Celtics-Lakers rivalry. I "WANT" to play them several times a year vice twice.

I miss the 80's - and 07-08.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Or did we want him to go over there and "act" like he was pulling folks aside and trying to break it up?

Dude was already several feet away from it and by the time he would've gotten there it would've either been over or could've very well escalated..

Rivalries aside I "WANT" him to succeed. I believe he's another Jason Kidd in several years.

I "WANT" another Celtics-Lakers rivalry. I "WANT" to play them several times a year vice twice.

If your teammate is getting hemmed up and the franchise views you as one of its corner stones, you're not gonna get into the middle of a scuffle to defend your teammate? Lonzo doesn't have to "act" like he's breaking it up, he should actually help break it up.

Did you see how Enes Kanter got in LeBron's face after he tried to intimidate Frank Ntilikina?

Did you see all the times KG got in people's faces when they committed hard fouls against the C's? You need to know your teammates have your back. This was not a good look for Lonzo period.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:23:05 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I feel bad for him. From what I've seen, he's a kid in a career that his dominant parent picked for him. That career just happens to be playing basketball.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I feel bad for him. From what I've seen, he's a kid in a career that his dominant parent picked for him. That career just happens to be playing basketball.

You aren't seriously upset a 19 year old man is a millionaire because of his dad? He's got his own TV show his own shoe and clothing line and you feel bad for him?

I hate washing dishes but for all that he's got I'll be wash the snot of out those dishes people would think I was nuts how much I loved washing dishes.

Anyones parents here help lead them to a million dollar path the age of 19? Money might not buy happiness but it sure does solve a ton of stress related issues. Something he'll probably never experience.

Yup I'm bittah!  :P
ok fine

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I wonder if his calm demeanor this whole time has just been disguised apathy.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You aren't seriously upset a 19 year old man is a millionaire because of his dad? He's got his own TV show his own shoe and clothing line and you feel bad for him?

His dad has dialed up the pressure on the young man and wrote checks of expectation that Lonzo can't cash.   I fear bad for him, too but I also dislike him because he is a Laker.

One thing is money can't buy happiness.   I have some millionaires in my family, and they were not always happy.  One of them won the lottery to the tune of 24 million.   She lived the rich life and  was not truly happy.   It was only happy when she went back to work in a pizza shop.  Does she need to work, nope.   But she is happier doing so, she does not even own the shop and makes minimal wage.   Of  course, her annuity pays her much more handsomely.

I knew that somehow Magic would make some mistakes like drafting him.  Because although he was a great player, he was a horrible coach.   The guy thinks with his heart not his head.  Now he knocked it out of the park with Kuzma.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Rivalries aside I "WANT" him to succeed.
I believe he's another Jason Kidd in several years.

I agreee. Went from really disliking his dad and not being a fan, to now pulling for him. He seems like a good kid and yeah he’s making bank, but I’m not envious of the incredibly difficult position that his dad has put him in.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The mental aspect of the game is so important. I wonder what Danny’s brain experts told him about Fultz vs. Ball vs. Tatum?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 10:52:10 AM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Years ago, I worked on a TV project with the Jonas Brothers. Everyone thought they were shallow, vapid and dumb. The network president explained them as "kids who have spent their entire life, from a very early age, focusing on just one aspect of life - performing. Singing, dancing, acting and music lessons. They've never spent any time learning anything else. They're not shallow and dumb, there's just no substance to them as people. Their whole life has been what they're doing now and they know nothing else" - I went from disliking the Jonas' to genuinely feeling sorry for them.

When I watch Lonzo, who has been groomed by an overbearing parent to excel in basketball and has had tremendous pressure to be successful at it, I feel bad for him in this same way. I hope he works through things.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Almost feeling sorry for Lonzo.  He'd have been better off getting draft by someone else besides the Lakers.  ESPN needs to tone down the coverage on him until he starts performing better.  There are plenty of other young players to hype. 

As for this situation if he had been in the scrum and walked away, I might have some concerns.  As is, its much to do about nothing.   

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:51 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The mental aspect of the game is so important. I wonder what Danny’s brain experts told him about Fultz vs. Ball vs. Tatum?

Tatum's drive, calmness, and intelligence are already on full display with how amazingly he has transitioned to the NBA game. Stevens commented on how Tatum picks things up so quickly, he only needs to tell him something once and he can go out and successfully execute it.

Jaylen seems to have a lot of the same qualities as Tatum.

Fultz imo does not have that intelligence level at all, and his drive is questionable. Ball seems to lack the drive, although Ball as others have said has all the added distraction and stress from Lavar.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 11:40:44 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Whole family is odd
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin