Author Topic: Is there still some ill will between KG and Ainge?  (Read 2804 times)

Is there still some ill will between KG and Ainge?
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:41:00 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
It's just dawned on me that I've seen Kevin Garnett working with various teams in the last year such as Timberwolves, Bucks, Clippers and even the 76ers...but I have yet to see him with Celtics in any capacity. I know Garnett can be very petty in general and perhaps he still have some hatred towards Danny for trading him away and refuses to work with the Celtics? It wouldn't be at all surprising but the only thing I can think of is that we have no young players that need forward mentoring but since Tatum is a combo forward it would be interesting to see if Garnett does any work with him and if not, maybe there is still some ill will from KG.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:57:27 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: Is there still some ill will between KG and Ainge?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 03:04:15 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I haven't heard of this. I thought KG and PP understood when they were traded.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 03:08:35 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

This is pure speculation on my part, something I rarely engage in, but it seems extremely odd to me. Pierce has been back a couple of times since retiring but Garnett hasn't had anything to do with the Celtics since retiring and like I said in the OP, he has worked with multiple teams on developing their big men and has even had discussions with the Cavs about being an assistant but there has been nothing with us...I just find that odd.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 03:24:27 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
KG had a no trade clause, he could've stopped it if he really wanted. He obviously felt the time was right.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 03:26:08 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think it's more likely to do with the opportunities come up for Kevin near his homes or in the case of the 76ers that it is Joel Embiid

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 03:33:49 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

This is pure speculation on my part, something I rarely engage in, but it seems extremely odd to me. Pierce has been back a couple of times since retiring but Garnett hasn't had anything to do with the Celtics since retiring and like I said in the OP, he has worked with multiple teams on developing their big men and has even had discussions with the Cavs about being an assistant but there has been nothing with us...I just find that odd.

He made a television gathering with Rondo, Perkins, Big Baby, and Doc Rivers with Paul Pierce.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:31 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

He made a television gathering with Rondo, Perkins, Big Baby, and Doc Rivers with Paul Pierce.

He’s referring to the organization, not his teammates/coach.

I do find it a little strange he hasn’t been around at all, but he’s a quirky guy. We know he waived his NTC, but maybe he could be chapped that they traded Paul, forcing his hand? I doubt it though. He doesn’t mince his words and I’m sure we would have heard his bitterness about it, which we haven’t.

I’m sure he will be there for Pierce’s jersey retirement ceremony (which begs the question whether Ray will be invited?).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 05:51:08 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I believe he made a pump-up video for the players last year (sent to Avery Bradley to share with the entire team) after they went down 0-2 vs. the Bulls.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
KG will be there for Paul Pierce Night
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 07:13:37 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
KG doesn’t hold back on how he feels. He understood why he was traded and always says how appreciative he is for being traded Brooklyn given that they looked good for the time being. Now ask KG how he feels about Glen Taylor and the T Wolves....

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 08:31:03 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
He was just on tv the other day during the game and said he had a Ntc and controlled his own destiny, and added that he had family in nyc at the time so it was good for him and his family. He understood where things were with the team, and there are times when it's time for a change.

No issues with the C's or Danny.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 08:59:16 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
He was just on tv the other day during the game and said he had a Ntc and controlled his own destiny, and added that he had family in nyc at the time so it was good for him and his family. He understood where things were with the team, and there are times when it's time for a change.

No issues with the C's or Danny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oLrg3SmyP0

KG in that in-game broadcast.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 09:28:28 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
KG has connections to coaching staff on those other teams. I think he just doesn't happen to have direct connections with the coaches on staff with the Celtics. No personal issues.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 09:47:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He seemed to be rooting for us and showing some Celtics Pride during his interview during the warriors game.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 10:08:51 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'm gonna level with you -- while Garnett might make a good teammate and a great player, I don't think he is a good coach.

I watched clips of him "coaching" KAT, and was not impressed. KAT's high school coach taught him the things Garnett was trying to teach. It was obvious that KAT was listening because of Garnett's presence, but that doesn't make him a good coach.

Garnett's mind is so intense and disconnected that I think he would be one of the most frustrating coaches in basketball. He'd be talking super-intense to you, and because of his charisma you would want to learn and understand, but because his communication skills are lacking you wouldn't be able to. Then, when you do understand, you'd ultimately be disappointed because he was trying to coach you to do a drop step, which is something you learned in 7th grade.

I have no beef with Ainge not bring in Garnett. Yabusele, Ojeyle, and Theis should be learning from Al and Baynes.