Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49676 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #345 on: June 12, 2018, 07:14:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Feels like PHI is sort of slipping in the Lebron race which is nice.

He needs to be surrounded by shooters, something a lot of the supposedly "great" philly talents are not great at.   He got a taste of cold shooters this finals and it ratcheted up another loss for him.

« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I was listening to Celtics Beat and they had on Matt Moore who was asked what he thinks about LeBron to the Sixers and he had one of the most sensible arguments against it happening. I'm paraphrasing, but he said if you're 34 and you are going to be working 12 hour days from October to May, the last thing you want to be doing is spending that time with 19-23 year olds. This both made me laugh and really rang true. But alas, crazier things have happened (like KD joining a 73 win team).

« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2018, 08:37:35 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I was listening to Celtics Beat and they had on Matt Moore who was asked what he thinks about LeBron to the Sixers and he had one of the most sensible arguments against it happening. I'm paraphrasing, but he said if you're 34 and you are going to be working 12 hour days from October to May, the last thing you want to be doing is spending that time with 19-23 year olds. This both made me laugh and really rang true. But alas, crazier things have happened (like KD joining a 73 win team).
Redick will be 34 in a couple weeks and he really enjoyed playing with the Sixers.  Lebron certainly didn't appear to be having fun this season playing with older players who couldn't carry their weight.  In any case, the Lakers are a young team too. 

« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2018, 01:47:24 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yea I think if you are a role player like reddick or bellinelli you can kind of live with it. If your going to be the face of the franchise and be responsible for carrying those other guys day in and day out I can see it being a different kind of challenge. I suppose they could try to dump fultz and Dario to bring in mike miller and James jones.

« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2018, 03:10:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nope. Not at all.

I'm of the belief that - if healthy - this team can beat ANYONE.

We have talented youth (Tatum, Jaylen, Kyrie)

We have a versatile Center (Big Al). This man battled both Giannis and Embiid and held his own in the playoffs.

We have the Swiss Army Knife of Forwards - Gordon Heyward.

We have our Lunch Pail / Hard Hat guys in Marcus Smart and Marcus Morris.

We have a good bench (Theis, Baynes, Rozier, Larkin)

We have Halloween covered in Scary Terry.

We have our potential Shot-Blocking jump out of the gym rim-running rim-protecting Big in Robert Parrish - I mean - Robert Williams.

I'm not concerned AT ALL about what PHI, GSW or CLE does. All I know is that if "I" were in that Celtics Locker room I'd have total faith in OUR guys to get the job done.

This team is READY.

« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2018, 03:17:13 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yea I think if you are a role player like reddick or bellinelli you can kind of live with it. If your going to be the face of the franchise and be responsible for carrying those other guys day in and day out I can see it being a different kind of challenge. I suppose they could try to dump fultz and Dario to bring in mike miller and James jones.
Redick said last season was probably his most fun season he's had in the NBA.  It was arguably his best season too.  He's mentioned multiple times he wants Lebron to come. 

The selling point for the Sixers is that Lebron isn't going to have to carry "those guys" day in day out.  Embiid and Simmons in their 1st season playing together took the Sixers to 52 wins and 3rd in the East.  If Lebron goes to the Sixers, he can coast through the regular season.  They can reduce his minutes and games significantly. 

Dumping Fultz and Dario for Miller and Jones would be way beyond stupid.  I really hope you weren't serious about that. 

« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2018, 03:25:29 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Sounding like Leonard would resign in Philly. Seems it might be coming together for the Sixers. That would pretty much doom Boston's chances in the East.

« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2018, 03:39:15 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Sounding like Leonard would resign in Philly. Seems it might be coming together for the Sixers. That would pretty much doom Boston's chances in the East.

And GS is pretty much a lock to win it again next season... So why do we even.bother, right?

I don't get the pessimism... Healthy celtics shouldn't be afraid of any team

« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2018, 03:42:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

And GS is pretty much a lock to win it again next season... So why do we even.bother, right?

I don't get the pessimism... Healthy celtics shouldn't be afraid of any team

Absolutely agree with you. But James and Leonard would be a very tough out for the Cs. Would prefer the Sixers stay as constructed.

« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2018, 03:55:59 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
When you go all the way no one remembers your path to the trophy. So facing scrubs all the way to the trophy has the same result as facing the best teams of all times.

But I prefer the second road

« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.  .

« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.  .
i know. how many of these Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing chicken little threads can cb churn out?

but, but, but...what if the sixers get lebron, kawhi, westbrook, and steph curry AND fultz turns out better than michael jordan AND simmons shots 48% from 3 point land!?!? i'm scared and the +/- of my anus is -23!!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2018, 04:53:12 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
There is a report that LeBron has made up his mind but will announce on Tuesday:

A recent report from Nick Wright of Fox Sports 1 states that James has already come to a decision, and he’ll announce it on Tuesday morning.

I am watching NBA Channel show on TV and there was a blurb that said LeBron AND Kawhi are following the Sixers on Twitter.

There is nothing concrete here but I don't like it. I guess it may be mano y mano if this happens.

« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2018, 05:05:33 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Philly is such a trash city.