Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49699 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://nesn.com/2017/11/why-chris-broussard-believes-celtics-success-could-impact-lebron-james-future/

No, this article doesn't say that LBJ will join PHI, but it's Chris Broussard saying that if the Celtics, say, pull it off and beat CLE in the ECF (playoffs), then it would be an EXTREMELY bad look for Lebron to leave Cleveland in that case. Basically, the Celtics success this season could have a big effect on the King's off-season plans.

But I was thinking... if Lebron did want to leave Cleveland, we've heard some west teams like Houston or Los Angeles Lakers mentioned, but I also doubt Lebron wants to make it a lot harder to reach the Finals (which would be the case if he went out West), and some of the rumored teams may have extreme trouble fitting Lebron in cap-wise unless Lebron took some massive discount.

So that could mean he tries to stay within the Eastern conference, and two teams he could legitimately look at are the Knicks (w/emergence of Porzingis), and... welp, the Sixers (w/Simmons, Embiid, etc., and I think 76ers are more likely to be honest).

Obviously it all depends on if Simmons and Embiid can stay healthy, and if Fultz can come back and do well, but if they do, and Lebron joins that team.... YIKES. They may run the East for years to come then...  :(

So should we be a bit concerned going forward about this possibility?

And where do you truthfully think Lebron goes this summer (or does he stay in CLE rest of his career)?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:14:21 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Do you think Lebron and Simmons can coexist? I don't think so. Both needs ball in their hands to be effective. Unless Lebron finally realize he needs to defer to younger guys, he's a poor fit for the team.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:15:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It would certainly bring back the old school, hard core Celtics-Sixers rivalry, characterized by sincere hatred and epic physical playoff battles. I would love it if he joined the Sixers!

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 08:24:04 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
In what world does LeBron James lose before The Finals, and then decide come back out of loyalty to Cleveland at age 33? The same LeBron that already left once to form a super team and staged The Decision? In a league where Kevin Durant jumped on a 73 win team?

Fwahahahahahahahah

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
So should we be a bit concerned going forward about this possibility?
no.

/thread
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 08:27:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
In what world does LeBron James lose before The Finals, and then decide come back out of loyalty to Cleveland at age 33? The same LeBron that already left once to form a super team and staged The Decision? In a league where Kevin Durant jumped on a 73 win team?

Fwahahahahahahahah

I mean... if we apply that logic, then Lebron is coming to Boston 2018-2019  :P

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
LeBron will try to ring chase and fail. Where ever  he goes is still worse than golden state

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
LeBron will try to ring chase and fail. Where ever  he goes is still worse than golden state

Not that I'm advocating this, but if Lebron joined Boston for cheap and we kept most of this team intact, you still think we can't beat GSW?

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Not that I'm advocating this, but if Lebron joined Boston for cheap and we kept most of this team intact, you still think we can't beat GSW?
literally impossible for him to come without shaking up the team, unless he takes the vet min or an exception. However he’s said that  he will not take a pay cut and he’s advocated for player pay raises

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:35:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Warriors lol

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Here's something I've actually been thinking about.  In a hypothetical world, where LeBron and Kyrie had no prior relationship, and the C's didn't sign Gordon Hayward last summer but instead have that cap space available next summer, do you think LeBron would consider joining the C's?

While the C's young studs might not be as tantalizing as Philly's, they're still proving to be very legit, plus the rest of the supporting cast is better equipped to help LeBron win now.  And as much as LeBron likes to call the shots, you'd have to think he'd love to play for a coach like Stevens and have a cold blooded GM like Ainge.

So in this bizarro world scenario, where Kyrie and LeBron have never played together, and the cap space the C's used to sign Hayward is available next summer, you'd have to think the C's could be at the top of LeBron's list.  Definitely crazy to think about, but to me it seems plausible.

I can just see his Players' Tribune article now.  "I won championships with my friends in Miami and for my home city of Cleveland, now I want the chance to win a championship with the greatest franchise in basketball history."

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 08:50:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Bill Simmons speculates Lebron joining Philly in his latest Ringer article.

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 08:56:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Bill Simmons speculates Lebron joining Philly in his latest Ringer article.

Yeah it's really catching steam.

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 08:57:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Here's something I've actually been thinking about.  In a hypothetical world, where LeBron and Kyrie had no prior relationship, and the C's didn't sign Gordon Hayward last summer but instead have that cap space available next summer, do you think LeBron would consider joining the C's?

While the C's young studs might not be as tantalizing as Philly's, they're still proving to be very legit, plus the rest of the supporting cast is better equipped to help LeBron win now.  And as much as LeBron likes to call the shots, you'd have to think he'd love to play for a coach like Stevens and have a cold blooded GM like Ainge.

So in this bizarro world scenario, where Kyrie and LeBron have never played together, and the cap space the C's used to sign Hayward is available next summer, you'd have to think the C's could be at the top of LeBron's list.  Definitely crazy to think about, but to me it seems plausible.

I can just see his Players' Tribune article now.  "I won championships with my friends in Miami and for my home city of Cleveland, now I want the chance to win a championship with the greatest franchise in basketball history."

I think he would have definitely considered, and I think he still could if it weren't for the salary cap issues C's have now (and Lebron ain't signing here for some "mere" exception lol).

But even Lebron has to believe that with a great coach like Brad Stevens, it could elevate his career and resume EVEN MORE (to the point where you could win more titles and possibly start to legitimately make the Lebron > Jordan comparison).

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 09:00:27 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Lol the worry warts on this forum sometimes.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?