Author Topic: Would anyone trade Brown for Ingram now?  (Read 4703 times)

Re: Would anyone trade Brown for Ingram now?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ingram is nice player and is gonna be alot better.  He has a nice shooting touch from all over the court.   Above average bb IQ for age.

Brown is more of a defensive and physical player , just because he was gifted with a NBa body ,  Jaylens has the Kobe type gene ,  never give up , score score score.  Hates like heck to loose....all the great ones are wired for competitiveness .   Looks intense as all get out when he hit the court.

Brown is more old school Celtic ,  so i keep him.

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 03:55:21 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
No. I laughed out loud thinking about it. I don't know what Sleepy Floyd looked like, but Ingram looks "sleepy" everytime I see him. Looks like a dude that gets hungry a lot and he still only weighs 149 pounds.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 04:24:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think it's close, but I go with Brown. The amount of improvement from the beginning of last year to now is astounding, and he's shown a certain swag and fearlessness (on both sides of the ball) that I just haven't seen from Ingram.

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 04:25:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think I was wrong about Ingram; I thought that he was just a moron who could knock down 3s and had crazy length. He seems to be coming into his own, though, even showing better instincts on the defensive end. His ceiling looks to be a lot higher than, say, in March.

As has been mentioned, Jaylen has incredible intensity and a will to succeed like no other. His body is no slouch either. If a trade happened, I would be disappointed since I have become so invested in him. I don't see a world in which he doesn't succeed. Jaylen is electric - something I don't feel about Ingram.

I don't put much into the age argument. While Jaylen is 'older', they both have had the same amount of time developing at different levels through the years.

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 04:36:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ingram looks like he blazing up before the games to me.   Not saying he does that, but he looks like it.   Some guys have sleepy eyes, I guess.

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
wouldn't on draft day

wouldn't now
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ingram looks like he blazing up before the games to me.   Not saying he does that, but he looks like it.   Some guys have sleepy eyes, I guess.
how does Brandon like his weed weights?

Ingrams

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 05:53:03 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Jaylen has a premium on the things that you cant teach..  No way do I make that trade..

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think it's close, but I go with Brown. The amount of improvement from the beginning of last year to now is astounding, and he's shown a certain swag and fearlessness (on both sides of the ball) that I just haven't seen from Ingram.
This.  But it's not all that close any more for me.  Brown will be an impact player on both sides of the ball.  He has some awesome sequences sometimes that might include a steal, a dunk, a block, and a 3pointer in a flurry.  I love where he is now and he's going to improve a ton.

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 05:56:39 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ingram is a joke. Bad defender, weak body. Looks like he lost weight from last year somehow. Shot is very inefficient. Also is predictable when driving he doesn't use his left hand I think. I read Lakers  forums some fans want to get rid of him

I don't think you have to say this to choose our Jaylen (which I agree). Ingram will be a very good player when he polishes some minor flaws.

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 05:58:09 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Brown’s physicality and his mindset – his Marcus Smart like determination to win against the best on the biggest stage – is pretty hard to replicate.  I don’t know if Ingram has the same determination.
TP Same for me here. You can't teach heart.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Jaylen has a premium on the things that you cant teach..  No way do I make that trade..
Basically this.

I do think some circumstances matter. For example if Hayward were playing and if Lonzo Ball were better (he will be next year) then this is closer.

That said Jaylen has way more IT factor to me. A lot more.  A lot more leadership

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2017, 06:45:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lol. .hell no

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 06:47:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No chance. I love the way Brown fits with this team way more than I would Ingram
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I probably would. Not confidence in Brown handles, feel,finishing and play making improving  enough where it make a difference.