Author Topic: Kyrie clutch  (Read 2048 times)

Kyrie clutch
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:37:21 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
All time ..
Where do you rank him now? and Where do you rank him in the future?

Jordan, Bird, Miller, Magic, Kobe and probably Pierce ..

I think he will be top three by careers end...

Re: Kyrie clutch
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
you rate him above which of these players: jerry west? sam jones? magic? bird? jordan? miller? isaih thomas I?

thread seems rooted too much in the recent nba and a bit early in kyrie's career.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
you rate him above which of these players: jerry west? sam jones? magic? bird? jordan? miller? isaih thomas I?

thread seems rooted too much in the recent nba and a bit early in kyrie's career.

This^

I need to see more.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

This^

I need to see more.

agreed
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 11:43:55 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Did Irving even make a shot in the clutch last night?  He got to the line a lot, which is great, but he seemed to miss a lot of shots, many of them open or at the rim area.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 12:13:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Did Irving even make a shot in the clutch last night?  He got to the line a lot, which is great, but he seemed to miss a lot of shots, many of them open or at the rim area.
In fairness, "King in the Fouth" Thomas had some similar nights last year before he caught lightning in a bottle. Irving found a way to net us 11 points in the fourth which should be good enough a tough game where he's playing with a facial fracture.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:02:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What defines Kyrie as clutch outside of one really big shot?  I’m genuinely curious.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 01:05:28 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I was pretty dissapointed in Irving for the entire game.  He seemed a little passive given the magnitude of the game.  I was expecting him to take over at the end which he never did either.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
What defines Kyrie as clutch outside of one really big shot?  I’m genuinely curious.

Ability to close the game .. not just one shot... I like to use the final 5 minutes of total efficiency ... We have seen it in the finals with Cleveland and are starting to see it already in Boston..

I just feel while he hasnt played as long as Jordan, Bird, Kobe, Magic etc .. His clutch performances are probably at a higher percentage than anyone during his total amount time played ..
just my 2 cents

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 01:17:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ability to close the game .. not just one shot... I like to use the final 5 minutes of total efficiency ... We have seen it in the finals with Cleveland and are starting to see it already in Boston..

I just feel while he hasnt played as long as Jordan, Bird, Kobe, Magic etc .. His clutch performances are probably at a higher percentage than anyone during his total amount time played ..
just my 2 cents

I hear this a lot, which is why I asked.

Last year, his “clutch” numbers were terrible.

http://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CF=GP

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

just my 2 cents

http://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CF=GP

Exactly this.

Kyrie shoots a lot late in close games so he's going to have a number of winning shots. But his overall numbers aren't very good. 39% from the field and 22% from 3 is awful. Those numbers aren't an anomaly either. 36%/28% in 2015. 37%/35% in 2014.

I'm glad he's not afraid to take the big shots. But he actually isn't particularly good at making them.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

just my 2 cents

Other guys with horrible clutch numbers on this list: Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, Damian Lillard, DeMarcus Cousins, and Anthony Davis.

He'll be fine. He's shooting 56% in the clutch so far this season, and leads the league with 5.8 clutch points.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 03:02:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

just my 2 cents

Other guys with horrible clutch numbers on this list: Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, Damian Lillard, DeMarcus Cousins, and Anthony Davis.

He'll be fine. He's shooting 56% in the clutch so far this season, and leads the league with 5.8 clutch points.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/931609317324804097

Yeah, he's doing more than fine this year.

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 03:26:57 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
Huh? Like,  a couple dozen other shots.

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I was pretty dissapointed in Irving for the entire game.  He seemed a little passive given the magnitude of the game.  I was expecting him to take over at the end which he never did either.
He outscored Golden State 11-10 down the stretch.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.