Author Topic: Kyrie Irving signature shoe thread  (Read 2802 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving signature shoe thread
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I really don't like the style of the Kyrie 3s. I may be alone in that, but I hope a major redesign happens at some point so I would pick them up.
Care to elaborate? I agree that the cushion is lackluster and I hope that they get revamped.

Surely. As I don't like the general aesthetic style of the shoe, I wouldn't purchase one to be able to comment on the feel of the shoe while it is on. That may seem conceited, but with so many choices, I choose a shoe based on function out of the many shoe styles I really like.

Aesthetically, I don't like the overall design of the shoe. I like shoes with staggered material, not necessarily one overall smooth shoe. And I was hoping the Celtic Colorway would be crisper than they turned out. I'd rather it was a green primary with white accents, instead of vice versa.

I can't justify many sneakers with my current job. Half the time I have to wear dress shoes, and the other half requires sneakers that are comfortable. Yet when I buy sneakers, I have a very specific rotation. They need to be good for basketball until the tread wears out, then I wear them under my scrubs for procedures. So I put alot of thought into which sneakers I take home. Unfortunately, these sneakers aren't anywhere near the tops of my list.
I see,  it is true that the Kyries don't have that type of upper and the Celtics colourway has been disappointing.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 11:47:40 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
how bout a Lavar shoe thread

to throw darts at ?
If you want one I can create a BBB shoe thread 8)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 01:30:47 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I really don't like the style of the Kyrie 3s. I may be alone in that, but I hope a major redesign happens at some point so I would pick them up.

I'm honestly not much a fan of their design in terms of either looks or performance. 

Basketball shoes have just gone downhill in so many ways over the last few years.  Quality of materials is down, tech is down, support features are down.

My go-to shoes are still the Kobe 8 Elite:

I wear these with the regular Kobe 8 (lunarlon) midsole.  This combination is light weight, the traction spectacular, the fit (with the engineered mesh and flywire) is first rate, and the support (carbon fibre heel counter and shank) is exceptional. And they are durable!  I've had the same pair of Kobe 8 Elites since they released some 3 or 4 years ago, playing in them pretty much every week, and the traction is still good and the upper is still perfect.  Incredible how well they have held up for such a lightweight shoe.

I used to have really bad foot issues (Plantar Fasciitis) issues - bad enough that if I stood for more than 45 minutes at a time it would feel like I was walking/standing on shards of broken glass.  I got custom orthotics made a couple of years ago and the issue is now mostly gone, but if I wear shoes with improper support over an extended period of time it starts to comes back.

The Kobe 8 and Kobe 8 Elite are the ONLY shoe I can wear and play in, without orthotics, without experiencing foot issues - the natural support is just that good.

I also have loved the AJ XX8 (I believe it was the best performance AJ shoe ever made) and it's sister the Melo M10 (awesome looking and playing shoe) and also really like the CP3.VII and Lebron XI.  Oh and the Penny V was pretty cool too.  That specific period of time was (IMHO) the peak of basketball shoe design - almost all of the shoes out at the time were great.

Since then everything seems to have gotten worse with the only exception being the Kobe AD NXT.  Just picked these up a month or so ago and they seem really good, but haven't played in them yet.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:37:38 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 03:51:56 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I actually ordered a pair of the kyrie 3s thru Nike and have worn them the past 4 days to the gym. Unfortunately the kyrie 3 clovers are not available for retail right now so I settled for the all black with white paint splashed on the soles. Still waiting to play an actual game of ball in them to make my final opinion, but so far so good. Very light weight and comfortable for the most part. It has very good grip in the front toes and ball of the foot area so I think they will be great for quick change of direction during games. Only thing I'm not the biggest on is from about midway and to the back heel on the outer has these like plastic dashes that come out and possibly could scratch the skin if u brush up against it if you clip your shin for example on the side of your shoe. Kind of a freak thing to happen but ive definitely done it once or twice in my life lol
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 04:15:28 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I'm honestly not much a fan of their design in terms of either looks or performance. 

Basketball shoes have just gone downhill in so many ways over the last few years.  Quality of materials is down, tech is down, support features are down.

My go-to shoes are still the Kobe 8 Elite:

I wear these with the regular Kobe 8 (lunarlon) midsole.  This combination is light weight, the traction spectacular, the fit (with the engineered mesh and flywire) is first rate, and the support (carbon fibre heel counter and shank) is exceptional. And they are durable!  I've had the same pair of Kobe 8 Elites since they released some 3 or 4 years ago, playing in them pretty much every week, and the traction is still good and the upper is still perfect.  Incredible how well they have held up for such a lightweight shoe.

I used to have really bad foot issues (Plantar Fasciitis) issues - bad enough that if I stood for more than 45 minutes at a time it would feel like I was walking/standing on shards of broken glass.  I got custom orthotics made a couple of years ago and the issue is now mostly gone, but if I wear shoes with improper support over an extended period of time it starts to comes back.

The Kobe 8 and Kobe 8 Elite are the ONLY shoe I can wear and play in, without orthotics, without experiencing foot issues - the natural support is just that good.

I also have loved the AJ XX8 (I believe it was the best performance AJ shoe ever made) and it's sister the Melo M10 (awesome looking and playing shoe) and also really like the CP3.VII and Lebron XI.  Oh and the Penny V was pretty cool too.  That specific period of time was (IMHO) the peak of basketball shoe design - almost all of the shoes out at the time were great.

Since then everything seems to have gotten worse with the only exception being the Kobe AD NXT.  Just picked these up a month or so ago and they seem really good, but haven't played in them yet.
That era was when I just really got into basketball and I've got to say you couldn't have gone wrong with any shoe (first pair of sneakers was the 12 hyperdunks and they were great while the Lunarlon lasted). Nowadays the general quality is down but you can still find some good shoes, my favourite lines rn are the LeBron Soldier and Ambassador lines (just got the Ambassador 9s for 58 bucks :laugh:), they offer great traction, cushion, support and a nice upper with great durability. Btw Crimson doesn't Lunarlon bottom out fairly quickly? With your feet wouldn't a Lunarlon only drop in midsole be less than ideal or are those drop in midsoles more durable than the normal Lunarlon midsoles? I mean my Hyperdunks felt painful after 6 months of wear when the Lunarlon bottomed out and I generally stay away from shoes that don't have forefoot and heel zoom since it has my feet fully covered and is more durable.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 03:16:00 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
https://weartesters.com/nike-kyrie-s1hybrid-may-see-release/
Here's a hybrid of the Kyrie 1, 2 and 3 that may release.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 04:02:23 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
https://weartesters.com/lucky-nike-kyrie-3-pe-release-new-york-boston-tomorrow/
Guys Kyrie is finally releasing a Celtics colourway that's not white/kelly green.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 10:07:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
https://weartesters.com/rookie-jayson-tatum-rocked-nike-kyrie-3-pe-logo-last-night/
Jayson Tatum getting some recognition from Nike with his PE of the Kyries. Maybe we'll get his sig soon 8).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA