Author Topic: We're #1!!!  (Read 5060 times)

Re: We're #1!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 11:21:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
But, haven't you heard? We haven't really played any of the best teams and have had the easiest SOS. You just don't understand, this Cs team just isn't very good. Totally overrated...

Is that you, Sir Charles?

TP for mocking the haters out there, esoecially Barkley.

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Great win for sure, but fools gold in the sense that we got a clear bias from the officials.

While true, this is the nature of the NBA and something that happens to every team with star players.

I'd feel bad if GSW were some upstart team defying expectations based on their roster...  Kind of like.. Us.  However they are a team that has benefited from the whistle plenty of times.

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
This win shuts up haters.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 11:28:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Lets win out the rest of the season. Anything is possible

79-3 is a disappointment!
i could not agree more. tp my friend.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 12:06:44 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
This was an awesome game; I had to leave work to catch it but I was not disappointed. A great effort by the Celtics to protect home court. I heard Houston Rockets players muttering during their game “if you wage war against ‘that’ team “it will fail(.)”” I think that’s a good sign 😉.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 12:39:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
So beating the Warriors , Spurs , Thunder , Raptors , Heat , Magic and Hornets does not count ?

Its all skill and excellence if Cavs win

Its only lucky if Celtics ever win .......according to Barkley and his beloved Lakers fans .

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 12:40:07 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
This is crazy. They’re not even playing their best basketball.

I haven't been on here for a while, but I have to ask - are you feeling any better about the IT / Kyrie trade now?

I hope Kyrie has earned some of your appreciation, as he's impressed (and surprised) the hell out of me with his unselfishness and his incredibly hard nosed defense so far. 

I'm starting to very seriously wonder how much of the Cavs' success the past three seasons was actually due to Kyrie.

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 12:44:32 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I haven't been on here for a while, but I have to ask - are you feeling any better about the IT / Kyrie trade now?

I hope Kyrie has earned some of your appreciation, as he's impressed (and surprised) the hell out of me with his unselfishness and his incredibly hard nosed defense so far. 

I'm starting to very seriously wonder how much of the Cavs' success the past three seasons was actually due to Kyrie.

Right now, it’s looking like a lot. But let’s wait and see what happens when IT suits up for the Cavs.

It seems hard for me to think he won’t make a substantial difference and catapault them back into the elite.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 01:08:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Durant had 24, but I thought Jaylen really defended him well all night. Made him earn it. He is really becoming an elite defender. This will get overlooked because of his offensive explosion in the 3rd quarter.

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 01:11:00 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I am a bit nervous about this.

I believe that Kyrie Irving will settle into the offense as the year goes on and we will become much more dangerous. Morris will also settle into a big role and that should help the offense as well.

However, while Irving has done a terrific job answering questions about his defense, he has yet to prove that he can lead an elite offense. In Cleveland the Cavs struggled offensively with just Kyrie. He looks unselfish and hes shown a crazy ability to just take over games down the stretch, but hes not shown an ability to run a crisp and elite offense. I personally believed that he would be able to do this, coming over from Cleveland and still believe he can. I dont think that The first 16 games of this season after losing Hayward and injecting Morris in after 9 games provides a meaningful dataset to really make any conclusions on this front. Especially as Irving has been so brilliant in so many other ways and the team has been winning.

I just hope that the offense begins to click sooner rather than later. Irving has been fine offensively in takeover time, but he has not shown an ability to dominate within the flow of the offense. Big hurdle for him to clear before this MVP talk that is getting bandied around gains any sort of merit.

Now, if he can figure it out, and MOrris settles in...

Then watch out.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 01:11:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

This.
Imagine if we could hit a jump shot.

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2017, 01:16:10 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We just beat the so called best team in the NBA!  What excuses will the 'experts' use now to rank the Celtics less than #1 after a gritty win over the Warriors?!

14-2 and beat the 'best team' in the league!

Oooh yeah, how SWEET it is! STATEMENT WIN!  ;D ;D

Booyeah, Go Celts!!
The Warriors are the best team in the NBA. No need for the quotes.

They have 2 legit MVP type players, and 2 other stars. They dominated the league last year and are doing so again this year.

This was a great win against the best team in the league.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:47 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm not all that concerned about the offense. Boston is 26th out of 30 teams in shooting % at .433, but subtract Smart's abysmal shooting and Boston rockets up to 18th place at .450—which is not great, but also not terrible. If Smart would just shoot less, and Kyrie gets a bit more comfortable in the offense, I think the team O will be fine.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I feel better about the trade. I still don’t think that the gap between Kyrie and IT is worth what we paid, but a lot of my concerns are proving not to be all that worrisome.

I was worried about chemistry, which hasn’t been an issue at all. We had a great locker room last year. We have a great one this year, too.

I was worried that Kyrie would be offensively lesser to IT, and defensively equal. So far I’m at 50%. Kyrie’s defense has looked above-average, especially when compared to most all-star guards.

I worried that we had 2.5 stars before the trade, and 2.5 after. Well, Horford has made that 3.0 stars,and Tatum looks like a future star, as well.  With Tatum and Brown playing like good starters already, concerns about how we will add impact players are mitigated.

If the Nets pick turns out to be 6th or below, or if IT struggles, I’ll tip my cap to DA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 09:58:17 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I feel better about the trade. I still don’t think that the gap between Kyrie and IT is worth what we paid, but a lot of my concerns are proving not to be all that worrisome.

I was worried about chemistry, which hasn’t been an issue at all. We had a great locker room last year. We have a great one this year, too.

I was worried that Kyrie would be offensively lesser to IT, and defensively equal. So far I’m at 50%. Kyrie’s defense has looked above-average, especially when compared to most all-star guards.

I worried that we had 2.5 stars before the trade, and 2.5 after. Well, Horford has made that 3.0 stars,and Tatum looks like a future star, as well.  With Tatum and Brown playing like good starters already, concerns about how we will add impact players are mitigated.

If the Nets pick turns out to be 6th or below, or if IT struggles, I’ll tip my cap to DA.

Whoop whoop!  We got Roy back!
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07