Author Topic: Barkley halftime rant  (Read 7814 times)

Re: Barkley halftime rant
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 10:50:51 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
This blowhard just went on an epic rant, basically saying the Celtics could not beat the Wizards, Raptors, and obviously the Cavs in the playoffs. He has always been a very biased Celtic hater and was running his mouth tonight. It amazes me he is even still employed. The other guys on the set were basically laughing at him. Shaq is also horrible in the booth. TNT needs a complete studio overhaul.

Yeah the ratings machine of Shaq and Barkley need to be fired. I'm thinking CEO isn't in the cards for you.

Let's stop with the personal insults Internet Tough Guy. Barkley is lucky he still has a job with all the crap he has pulled throughout his life. He offers absolutely nothing of intelligence to this show. A complete and total tool.

Personal insult? Sensitive a bit? His job is to give his opinion. You don't like his opinion (I agree he's wrong -- especially Raptors or Wizards), but instead of ignoring it or disagreeing with him, you want him fired. He isn't paid to be the smartest or "most correct" analyst. He's paid to make the network money. He makes the network a lot of money, thus he won't be fired. I just made the extra connection that you aren't thinking like a CEO.

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 10:53:55 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I mean, it's one thing to say we won't beat Cleveland. I can understand that argument, even if I disagree with it.

Saying we won't beat Toronto (after we just did, sans Kyrie) and Washington (who we beat last year, since which time we've significantly improved) and that we're not as good as last year just shows how much this dude is lacking upstairs in the BBIQ department.

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
He makes money for the network by telling extreme things... not expecting any deep analysis from someone like Charles... good guy to go out with him for a beer..

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This blowhard just went on an epic rant, basically saying the Celtics could not beat the Wizards, Raptors, and obviously the Cavs in the playoffs. He has always been a very biased Celtic hater and was running his mouth tonight. It amazes me he is even still employed. The other guys on the set were basically laughing at him. Shaq is also horrible in the booth. TNT needs a complete studio overhaul.

Yeah the ratings machine of Shaq and Barkley need to be fired. I'm thinking CEO isn't in the cards for you.

Let's stop with the personal insults Internet Tough Guy. Barkley is lucky he still has a job with all the crap he has pulled throughout his life. He offers absolutely nothing of intelligence to this show. A complete and total tool.

Personal insult? Sensitive a bit? His job is to give his opinion. You don't like his opinion (I agree he's wrong -- especially Raptors or Wizards), but instead of ignoring it or disagreeing with him, you want him fired. He isn't paid to be the smartest or "most correct" analyst. He's paid to make the network money. He makes the network a lot of money, thus he won't be fired. I just made the extra connection that you aren't thinking like a CEO.

You picked wrong night to make this point dude.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 11:11:40 PM »

Offline CactusThomas

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like the TNT crew because they are entertaining.  I think Shaq gives all teams a fair shake; he doesn't show a lot of bias.  Chuck was ridiculous tonight to say the least but nothing out of the ordinary for him.

Chuck said that the Celtics don't strike fear into any other teams.  I remember he used that exact same wording last year when the C's entered the post season as the no. 1 seed. Weird how he thinks nothing has changed when we have a completely different roster.
"Manute Bol! Your mom!!" - Dan Aykroyd

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 11:12:18 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Barkley' great.  If you want expert analysis follow Bobby Marks on Twitter or someone like that. I love TNT Thursday nights.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 11:14:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I like the TNT crew because they are entertaining.  I think Shaq gives all teams a fair shake; he doesn't show a lot of bias.  Chuck was ridiculous tonight to say the least but nothing out of the ordinary for him.

Chuck said that the Celtics don't strike fear into any other teams.  I remember he used that exact same wording last year when the C's entered the post season as the no. 1 seed. Weird how he thinks nothing has changed when we have a completely different roster.

i still,say he is throwing rocks at Shaq .....who generalyy gives C s a fair shake or better 

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 11:15:58 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’m sure Barkley will credit the FT disparity, Curry foul trouble and thigh contusion, and overall poor shooting by them making this a fluke.

We don’t need his respect. We need to keep getting better. We aren’t a finished product, and we’re already [dang] good. I can’t wait to see what this team looks like in April.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I mean, it's one thing to say we won't beat Cleveland. I can understand that argument, even if I disagree with it.

Saying we won't beat Toronto (after we just did, sans Kyrie) and Washington (who we beat last year, since which time we've significantly improved) and that we're not as good as last year just shows how much this dude is lacking upstairs in the BBIQ department.

yeah he acted like beating Raptors was a fluke .......no,way ......both teams played hard and C's won ....and Raptors at full strenght ......Charles simply did not watch the game .......

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 11:18:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
who is the only team in the nba to have a winning record against the GSW over the past 3 seasons?

hint: that team name starts with "cel" and ends with "tics".  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 11:24:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

erik, there really is no reason to write ad hominem posts. please feel free to disagree with arguments put forth by posters here. but to personally insult other folks here doesnt help the board at all. nor does it make people decide to support your viewpoint.

most of us live in a pretty crappy world and this place is a nice escape from it. let's not screw it up and make this place abusive.

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:58 PM »

Offline CactusThomas

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3

i still,say he is throwing rocks at Shaq .....who generalyy gives C s a fair shake or better

Yessir.  They rarely agree on anything for the sake of the show.
"Manute Bol! Your mom!!" - Dan Aykroyd

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 11:50:22 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason

erik, there really is no reason to write ad hominem posts. please feel free to disagree with arguments put forth by posters here. but to personally insult other folks here doesnt help the board at all. nor does it make people decide to support your viewpoint.

most of us live in a pretty crappy world and this place is a nice escape from it. let's not screw it up and make this place abusive.

Look, I get that you're a nice guy, but your post is nonsense just like OP's.

My post was blunt, yes. Ad hominem, not even close.

I was merely explaining to the OP that he isn't correctly analyzing the analysts' role with respect to employment (as a CEO would). Had he just said "their opinion is bad" we could have all been in agreement. When he says they should be fired for their opinion, he's 100% wrong. They will only be fired when they don't make money.

The problem is that he hasn't framed the problem correctly. He's assuming these people have to be smart or factual just like people assume Sean Hannity or Anderson Cooper do. They're just commentators giving their opinion. As long as their bull**** sells, it will continue to air.

Hope that clears things up. I didn't mean to insult him personally, and I'm fairly sure that I didn't.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 11:58:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

I was merely explaining to the OP that he isn't correctly analyzing the analysts' role with respect to employment (as a CEO would). Had he just said "their opinion is bad" we could have all been in agreement. When he says they should be fired for their opinion, he's 100% wrong. They will only be fired when they don't make money.

The problem is that he hasn't framed the problem correctly. He's assuming these people have to be smart or factual just like people assume Sean Hannity or Anderson Cooper do. They're just commentators giving their opinion. As long as their bull**** sells, it will continue to air.

Hope that clears things up. I didn't mean to insult him personally, and I'm fairly sure that I didn't.
a tp for civlity.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2017, 12:37:42 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason

a tp for civlity.  ;D

Yeah let's celebrate the Celtics success!