Author Topic: What players would've dominated other eras but not the era they actually played  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tops on my list....Antoine Walker. But not in the 80s

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just about everybody in an NBA rotation right now would have dominated the 50s.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I don't think Tyler Zeller or KO could handle the 50s. Also I think some players would have a hard time handling the weird dribbling. Not sure how Marcus Smart would do as a center

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Arvydas Sabonis

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Lorenzen Wright and Marcus Camby

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Camby was a first round fantasy draft player for like 6 years straight, he was really good

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't think Tyler Zeller or KO could handle the 50s. Also I think some players would have a hard time handling the weird dribbling. Not sure how Marcus Smart would do as a center
KO may have been named one of the 50 greatest players off all time when they had that ceremony if he played in the 50’s.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Camby was a first round fantasy draft player for like 6 years straight, he was really good
Camby was a zero time all star. He definitely didn't dominate the era he was in

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
KO may have been named one of the 50 greatest players off all time when they had that ceremony if he played in the 50’s.
Well they didn't have the three pointer back then so he wouldn't have had that.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
true.  But he would have been an athletic freak for a big guy with his ballhandling and passing in an era where it was fast break after fast break.  What would dolph shayes or George Mikan do against someone like that?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
true.  But he would have been an athletic freak for a big guy with his ballhandling and passing in an era where it was fast break after fast break.  What would dolph shayes or George Mikan do against someone like that?
Probably foul the hell out of him. They did that back then, right?

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Just about everybody in an NBA rotation right now would have dominated the 50s.

If plucked from today and warped into the 50’s....yeah.

Otherwise, no.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I'm telling you most players today would do fairly well in the ABL during the 1920s