Poll

What happens tonight?

Celtics Win
36 (52.9%)
Warriors Win, But Do Not Cover Spread (7.5 points)
14 (20.6%)
Warriors Win And Cover Spread (7.5 points)
18 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Poll: What happens tonight?  (Read 5236 times)

Re: Poll: What happens tonight?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I have a bad feeling, mostly because the number 13 is associated with this game.

Superstition aside I think it will be a good game, and regardless of the results we'll continue to crush it moving forward.

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
This is where we miss Gordan Hayward
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This is where we miss Gordan Hayward

Yup

20 points and 5 asists down the drain.

Plus what i saw in pre season .....his height and lenght changes the shots opponents will take or just can't get or feel confident trying to get. Opponents destroyed the short guys we had last year.  Easy buckets galore.  Even if he does not score his defense looked so much better than our tiny guards.

Just his presence roaming in the backcourt stopped much of this awful defense given up by Bradley and IT to taller longer players. .  Who feasted on those guys .

Warriors are no doubt superior team with Durrant now .  But Hayward would have narrowed the gap in talent to be put on the court.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
This seems like one of those games the Warriors are going to want to make a statement in.  I just can't see how the Warriors don't win this one and win it big.  The match-up later in the season, I think is a different story, but this one, I really don't think Boston will be in at all.

This is my mind set.. national TV, hottest team in the East with the longest active win streak.. We're also getting some of the spotlight right now. I see them having some rare motivation to bring their A game.
I think we would have had a better chance tonight if the win streak was 3 games instead of 13, or if we lost to Brooklyn the other night.
Warriors will try to set an example tonight.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
It's amazing that we're on a 13 game win streak and at home, yet most C'bloggers are siding with GS.

Y'all should be ashamed for your lack of faith. My unbridled optimism won't let me entertain the notion of them coming into our house and stopping the streak.

Masked, untucked Kyrie is finally going to be unleashed going off for 36+, and he'll stick the dagger in their hearts with a crossover three from the right wing, giving them nightmares of 2016 all over again. Celtics win 107 to 105.

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 02:43:34 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
My prediction is that the Warriors will come in to this game determined to make a statement, punching hard right from the start and will likely run out to an early, large lead.   The C's so-far-sub-par offense will have trouble keeping up with GSW's raw shooting talent.

But I think even if that happens, that the Cs will grind their way back into it with defensive adjustments and if it's close at the end, they may be able to steal it.   Having the home crowd behind them could be critical.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/134587/celtics-warriors-meet-in-matchup-between-nbas-top-teams

When comparing Boston's defense to the league average, it would have the second-best differential among all teams since the NBA-ABA merger -- one spot higher than the 2007-08 team that won the championship.

We'll keep GSW under their average and probably lose a close game. We've played them better than any other team the last 3 seasons, are the best defensive team by far in the NBA with a lot of length at 4 starter spots (assuming AH moves back to starting at PF), and Irving is very good in games that come down to the last minute. A close win would not be a shocker. Any blowout would, but sit happens.

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 03:11:16 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/134587/celtics-warriors-meet-in-matchup-between-nbas-top-teams

When comparing Boston's defense to the league average, it would have the second-best differential among all teams since the NBA-ABA merger -- one spot higher than the 2007-08 team that won the championship.

We'll keep GSW under their average and probably lose a close game. We've played them better than any other team the last 3 seasons, are the best defensive team by far in the NBA with a lot of length at 4 starter spots (assuming AH moves back to starting at PF), and Irving is very good in games that come down to the last minute. A close win would not be a shocker. Any blowout would, but sit happens.

Really? I think GS is the absolute perfect team to start him at C against. We matchup very well with them with Kyrie, Brown, Morris, Tatum, and Al starting.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
After going one for 12 and allowing Steph Curry to go off for 45 points Smart steals the ball from Curry, runs the court and pulls up for a last second three. Celtics win. Smart declared an integral part of the offense and one the best defenders in the league. Nobody complains.

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Warriors have no one to defend Irving. He will go for 35.

We need to put multiple people on KD. I think Theis and Baynes can keep Greene from going crazy on the boards.

We match up well.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Really? I think GS is the absolute perfect team to start him at C against. We matchup very well with them with Kyrie, Brown, Morris, Tatum, and Al starting.

GSW will probably start with Zaza at C.    Thus for 'starters', it probably makes sense to start Baynes at C.   Once the Warriors go 'small', with Draymond at the 5, then maybe you move Al to the 5.   On the other hand, Al may be our best defender on Durant so maybe you try to use Theis or Morris at the 5 on Draymond and leave Al on KD?
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:21 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Who will score on the 2nd unit?

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
shame we did not get Durrant . 

that would have evened thing up prettty good.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 03:42:51 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Either team can win. The Celtics have beaten the Warriors before in their first home loss of the season. Was it last year or the year before? At this point, I believe the Celtics are as good as any team out there, and have the youth to get better. Kerr will have his hands full trying to outwit Stevens.

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
All I know is that if we lose, the social media/casual fans will go crazy and we are the laughing stock in plenty of memes on instagram. I´m pretty good at skipping over that silliness, but I sure hope we´ll whoop some cali-buttocks tonight.