Author Topic: Roy Moore  (Read 18433 times)

Re: Roy Moore
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2017, 06:19:29 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Both DeMs and reps have issues all man struggle with the lust of sexual pleasures some just pray it off or learn to have what God desires a pure intimate relationship with your wife.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2017, 07:35:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27782
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Epidemic:

https://t.co/byOZoY3WMv

Former oklahoma senator and apparently trumps oklahoma campaign manager.

It’s disgusting, especially the child p0rn.

Allow me to rant about mandatory minimums, though. If I’m reading that right, engaging a 17 year old prostitute is 10 years in prison. Engaging an 18 year old prostitute results in a misdemeanor conviction and, in most cases, a fine.

Leave sentences up to judges, prosecutors and defense counsel. This scum bag probably deserves 10 years, but there are plenty of guys who wouldn’t.

Regarding Congress and the President, these are supposed to be the best members of our society. We’ve got an unethical womanizer in the White House, alleged sexual abusers in both Parties, members under investigation for bribery, tax fraud, etc. We gave two terms to a likely rapist, which was known information at the time, and NOW was actively supporting him. We’ve had allegations of inappropriate groping regarding other Presidents.

The Swamp does need to be drained, even if people voted the wrong loser into office.  There’s hardly a single person in government who is actually ethical.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:44:42 PM by Roy H. »

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2017, 07:42:32 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 879
Epidemic:

Allow me to rant about mandatory minimums, though. If I’m reading that right, engaging a 17 year old prostitute is 10 years in prison. Engaging an 18 year old prostitute results in a misdemeanor conviction and, in most cases, a fine.

Leave sentences up to judges, prosecutors and defense counsel. This scum bag probably deserves 10 years, but there are plenty of guys who wouldn’t.

I am certainly not a proponent of child p0rn...like not at all, but it is basically treated like murder nowadays in the courts. Some of the sentences these guys receive are mind-blowing. It's honestly going to take a group of law makers to step up and stand up for child p0rn/underage sex offenders for things to not continue to spiral out of control. Not exactly a subject people really want to base their reputations on.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:17:54 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2017, 07:43:03 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 248
I'm with Larry Flint on one thing at least: those who go out publicly moralizing and endeavor to establish themselves as the moral arbiter for all had darn sure better have squeaky clean hands, at the very least, when they cast judgement on others in the court of public opinion.

Moore should join the very long list of the fallen from grace, and yet the religious voters seem to be sticking with him. I get that he's a R and all that, but isn't this like making a deal with the devil?  Sort of like the religious vote for Trump. I just don't get it.

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2017, 10:51:29 PM »

Offline liam

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 728
Epidemic:

I am certainly not a proponent of child p0rn...like not at all, but it is basically treated like murder nowadays in the courts. Some of the sentences these guys receive are mind-blowing. It's honestly going to take a group of law makers to step up and stand up for child p0rn/underage sex offenders for things to not continue to spiral out of control. Not exactly a subject people really want to base their reputations on.

Anyone involved in Child **** should get life. Using children in sexual ways is disgusting and I have no pity for the people involved in these child sex rings. None!

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2017, 10:24:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2345
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Via The Hill: White House aide Kellyanne Conway on Monday suggested Alabama voters should support embattled Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore because he would vote for the GOP's tax reform legislation making its way through Congress.

“Doug Jones in Alabama, folks, don’t be fooled. He will be a vote against tax cuts. He is weak on crime, weak on borders. He is strong on raising your taxes. He is terrible for property owners," Conway said on "Fox & Friends."

“So, vote Roy Moore?” host Brian Kilmeade interjected.

“I’m telling you that we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through,” Conway said, calling Jones a “doctrinaire liberal.”

The President and those he surrounds himself with are sick feckless people. And Roy Moore sucks.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:32:36 AM by indeedproceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Via The Hill: White House aide Kellyanne Conway on Monday suggested Alabama voters should support embattled Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore because he would vote for the GOP's tax reform legislation making its way through Congress.

“Doug Jones in Alabama, folks, don’t be fooled. He will be a vote against tax cuts. He is weak on crime, weak on borders. He is strong on raising your taxes. He is terrible for property owners," Conway said on "Fox & Friends."

“I’m telling you that we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through,” Conway said, calling Jones a “doctrinaire liberal.”

The President and those he surrounds himself are sick feckless people. And Roy Moore sucks.

I agree. But, doesn’t this type of analysis happen all the time? Women’s groups supported Bill Clinton because he pushed their agenda.  Well-known feminists are supporting Al Franken because he pushes their agenda:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/17/im-a-feminist-i-study-rape-culture-and-i-dont-want-al-franken-to-resign/

It’s disturbing, but most of us are guilty of this. We overlook terrible character flaws so that “our side” wins. Look at 2016:  we had to choose between two vile people for President.

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2017, 11:00:53 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 879
Epidemic:

Anyone involved in Child **** should get life. Using children in sexual ways is disgusting and I have no pity for the people involved in these child sex rings. None!

I was referring to individuals who have child p0rn on their computers, not the ones who actually do the photography/distribution - kind-of the drug user vs the drug dealer theory. I have heard instances where they try to prosecute for 5 years per image. Again, this is a business I don't understand and want no part of, but that just seems a little much. As with drug users, there should really be a rehabilitation system available to these individuals, rather than locking them up for most of their adult lives.

I would imagine if you are in the child p0rn business (for profit, or otherwise), you are probably up to other no good deeds you would and should be punished more severely.

As I said before, nobody is fighting the good fight for child p0rn/underage sex offenders so any outrageous punishment seems just to most people. In Italy, for instance, the legal age for sex is 14 years old - they must think we are insane for locking away somebody for life for having consensual sex with a 16 year old. Even our state laws even vary from 16-18 depending on where you live.

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2017, 11:23:40 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 323
This guy Shortey is pretty bad, worse than Moore, at least what we know so far about Moore.  It really has nothing to do with Moore.  The flood gates are certainly open.

Tribalism seems to be the word-de-jour to describe the degree that people are willing to overlook things in the name of someone who supports their particular policy hot button (abortion, guns, tax reform, religious liberty, environment).  My list of these hot buttons is tilted to the right which may not be entirely fair but I feel it is "conservatives" who are more actively exploiting this scare tactic politicking (liberals want to take your guns away, that sort of thing), but tribalism is alive and well on both sides of the aisle.

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 906

The President and those he surrounds himself are sick feckless people. And Roy Moore sucks.

I agree. But, doesn’t this type of analysis happen all the time? Women’s groups supported Bill Clinton because he pushed their agenda.  Well-known feminists are supporting Al Franken because he pushes their agenda:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/17/im-a-feminist-i-study-rape-culture-and-i-dont-want-al-franken-to-resign/

It’s disturbing, but most of us are guilty of this. We overlook terrible character flaws so that “our side” wins. Look at 2016:  we had to choose between two vile people for President.
There is a difference between statutory rape and affairs, though.  I think that is what most people take issue with with someone like Moore.  I mean even GOP people are saying they believe the women/allegations, but are saying they would vote for him anyway.  That is just disgusting and reprehensible that you would vote for someone you believe is a child rapist because he is in your party. 

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

There is a difference between statutory rape and affairs, though.  I think that is what most people take issue with with someone like Moore.  I mean even GOP people are saying they believe the women/allegations, but are saying they would vote for him anyway.  That is just disgusting and reprehensible that you would vote for someone you believe is a child rapist because he is in your party.

I think Moore is unfit to be in Congress, so don't take it like I'm defending him.  And yes, there's certainly a spectrum.  But, the allegations against Clinton was a lot more than cheating on his wife.  There were credible allegations of sexual harassment and forcible rape. 

That's something we should all be able to get behind:  if you rape somebody -- adult or child -- you should not be voted into public office.  Policy wise, I think Clinton was a pretty good President, but he victimized a lot of women on his way into office, and once it was known, both parties should have gotten together to fully vet the allegations.  That's not how politics works, though.

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2017, 11:42:44 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1998
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

The President and those he surrounds himself with are sick feckless people. And Roy Moore sucks.

Think that's bad - the (female) R governor of Alabama, who hadn't endorsed Moore up to this point, says that A. She believes the women and B. She's voting for Moore anyway, so he can vote for SC justices.

There's some classic political tightrope walking here, but the statement boils down to supporting a candidate despite believing he's a criminal pedophile.  It isn't even party over country at this point, it's party over morality, criminality, everything is secondary to gaining more power.

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 11:55:35 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1998
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Yup - the usual whatabouting inadvertently makes a revealing point. While there were strong rumors of affairs even in his first run, Clinton's criminal accusers came forward after he'd taken office and the most serious were well after he'd won re-election. Republicans are now voting for candidates after credible accusations have been made.

It's basically like if Democrats had strong evidence from multiple diverse sources that Clinton was guilty of every major charge against him - not just the sex stuff but the corruption too - in 1992, and overwhelmingly voted for him anyway, presumably while getting keenly interested in talking about Nixon every time the issue came up.

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yup - the usual whatabouting inadvertently makes a revealing point. While there were strong rumors of affairs even in his first run, Clinton's criminal accusers came forward after he'd taken office and the most serious were well after he'd won re-election. Republicans are now voting for candidates after credible accusations have been made.

It's basically like if Democrats had strong evidence from multiple diverse sources that Clinton was guilty of every major charge against him - not just the sex stuff but the corruption too - in 1992, and overwhelmingly voted for him anyway, presumably while getting keenly interested in talking about Nixon every time the issue came up.

How many Democrats rejected, or even criticized,  Clinton when the credible rape allegations became public?

This isn’t a partisan thing. It’s a “powerful men behaving criminally” thing. It’s odd to point the finger at Republicans only, when the last Democrat candidate aided and abetted a rapist, while her chief of staff was married to a sexual deviant.

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2345
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
..presumably while getting keenly interested in talking about Nixon every time the issue came up.

My mom, who was a never say die liberal before that was cool (actually, she started when it was cool, then stuck with it when it wasn't) always said that the reason the nation kept getting more and more divided is that the democrats couldn't forgive the republicans for Nixon, and the republicans couldn't forgive the democrats for not having their own Nixon. And everything that's been going on in the two parties diverging farther and farther apart comes down to that.

They made a Community episode about it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner