Poll

How many wins will this streak be at?

13. (We lose to warriors)
38 (46.3%)
14-17 (probably lose to magic or other team)
16 (19.5%)
18-22 (probably lose to bucks or other team)
11 (13.4%)
23-26
4 (4.9%)
27-35
3 (3.7%)
80. (Basketball history rewritten, we win out rest of season)
9 (11%)
36-79
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: How many total wins will this streak last? (poll)  (Read 5885 times)

How many total wins will this streak last? (poll)
« on: November 15, 2017, 12:47:09 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Any guesses ? think the last big Celtic win streak was 19

Upcoming opponents:
14 if we beat: Warriors (hard)
Hawks (easy)
Mavs (easy)
Heat (kind of easy)
18 if we beat: Magic (kind of hard)
Pacers (kind of easy)
Pistons (kind of hard)
21 if we beat: Sixers (moderate)
Suns (easy)
Bucks (kind of hard)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:05:30 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: How many total wins will this streak last? (poll)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 01:08:04 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This streak ends on Thursday unfortunately. The Warriors are too overpowered with their Big 4. The lack of Gordon Hayward will be our Achilles heel there.

It's been too long since I've last been overly excited about the Celtics. Just like back in the 08-09 days when they were riding on that 19-game winning streak, 13-game win streak, 10-game and so on  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:27:22 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Its going to be hard to beat the Warriors. But if we do, I can totally see us losing to the Hawks.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 01:45:04 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Sheesh! If we do manage to get by GSW, that schedule is about as easy as it gets...

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 02:18:31 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
13. CBS is still going to have to figure out his rotations so that the second unit isn't so inconsistent. I think Morris has to be the 6th man given Smart's shooting issues and Baynes or Theis has to start. Tatum could be the 6th man instead, but I'd rather see him get as many minutes with the starters as possible.

If not 13, the Cs will win 10 more until @ SAS 12/8 and/or @ DET 12/10. 6  games are against sub-500 teams and the 4 winning teams are all at home. The Cs are clearly better than all 10 of the opponents except DET 11/27.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 06:39:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Its been an amazing streak and year considering how it started.   I hope we beat the warriors but I have my doubts.   I will be rooting for us to win though.  It is still been an amazing run after losing Hayward.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 06:53:18 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Can't wait to see what Brad throws at KD.

I'm guessing some mashup of Jaylen, Jayson, Semi, and maybe Smart. Interesting to see when each gets their turn..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 06:55:42 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I dont mind losing to the Warriors. They really are the cream of the crop but Im just hoping we stay competitive, if we can limit their offense to 105 and less, we have a chance.

Curry was bruised and did not play the last game and still they won against a tough  opponent. Should Curry play on Thursday then im expecting him to be at less than 100% which give us a slight chance.

Can we put Horford on KD and hope he can contain him the way he has done with Porzingis? IDK but me hopes its just gonna be one heck of a grind out if we wanna have a chance to win.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I was thinking of something between 35 - 80.
46, 47-ish but there is no such option in the poll.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I believe I read somewhere the other day that the Warriors had the last 14 game win streak. Imnpretty sure they will come in on Thursday and make sure the C's don't match it.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 08:14:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i give us a 1 in 10 chance winning the next game .    We need Hayward to increase the chances of matching up .  Then it still favors the Warriors. 

Its winnable  ....nothing is impossible .   Maybe Thompson and Curry fly to the wrong city and Durrant takes a sudden vacation .

But ,  very unlikely

Warriors just have three guys who never go cold all at the same time .

One or more is always ready to drop 40 every night. Plus the bench is more than enough , to knock off most teams.

Never has there been so many dead eye shooters on one team.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Yeah. GSW are just so skilled and so long. I would love to win that game, but it will be a pretty big upset if it happens. I'll be happy if we're competitive; when they unleash hell in the third quarter they have been destroying teams, even good teams.

Funny thing about our offense - the results are mediocre so far, but we have three starters shooting above 42% from 3, and a fourth at 37%. (The weak link is ... Kyrie at just under 33%(!)) Point is, that's a lot of shooting, especially from guys who can create and know how to pass and cut. Once they figure this out they should be much better on O.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 08:36:57 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This one has been circled on the calendar for a while as the end goal. It is incredibly impressive that the Cs were able to get to 13 straight wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get totally blown out in this one. I think fans and players are and have been relegated to the fact that this was the one they were definitely going to lose...and that's okay because they have far outperformed expectations to this point.

If they win, I won't know what to say. That will be some of the best mental toughness I have ever seen. No matter how good you are, you are bound to slip up sometimes - these are not robots.

Yep, I was wrong - thought that they were just going to mail it in after an fantastic streak. The ball doesn't always fall in the hoop, but Stevens sure does have these guys ready to D up at all times. The focus down the stretch was great - love these guys!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:58:29 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If teams like Orlando can beat the warriors. We can too

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
13. CBS is still going to have to figure out his rotations so that the second unit isn't so inconsistent. I think Morris has to be the 6th man given Smart's shooting issues and Baynes or Theis has to start. Tatum could be the 6th man instead, but I'd rather see him get as many minutes with the starters as possible.

If not 13, the Cs will win 10 more until @ SAS 12/8 and/or @ DET 12/10. 6  games are against sub-500 teams and the 4 winning teams are all at home. The Cs are clearly better than all 10 of the opponents except DET 11/27.

Good read.
The starting unit plays better with Baynes starting, and the second unit needs Morris' scoring.