Author Topic: At what point are we considered a serious contender to reach finals this year?  (Read 1913 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
We're most defitinitely already contenders to reach the Finals, and I'd argue that right now we're clearly the favorites in the East.

The real question is if we're a serious contender for the overall title. I think in the sense of any non-GS team we're also a true contender, if you can even count another non-GS team as a contender. Thursday will tell us a lot about how we stack up with GS.

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
When we make one more move later in the year.

When Brown and Tatum gain more experience during the year.

When we beat GS tomorrow and the Cavs later in the year.

All of that is quite possible.

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Forget the next GSW game.  Win or lose, I still expect the C's to be in The Finals.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
When we can beat the Cavs at full strength with Isaiah.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Just keep playing solid and try to stay healthy. 

I'm curious to see what Milwaukee turns into with Bledsoe in the mix and the return of Parker later in the season.
Yup

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
If we dont get anymore season ending injuries...God forbid ofcourse then we already as constructed just one of 3 teams that can easily take the East. Toronto and Milwaukee the other 2.
The Cavs are going down this yr..and the Pistons as good as their start is now still are not ripe yet.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It depends.

If the offense improves (which it should) and the defense doesn't take a large step back (which it shouldn't), then the Celtics are a contender (but not favored)

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
We are a contender to get there for sure. I wouldn't call us the favorite, not yet. We've seen Lebron led teams look bad to start seasons and then cruise  to the Finals. And that team still has a top 5 MVP candidate from last year that hasn't even played. Still, we have a far better shot than last year. As for beating GS, no, I don't think we can in a seven game series. But I hope i'm wrong, and maybe somebody there turns an ankle.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
They already are.  Plain & simple.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I think the loss of Hayward has something to do with it.

We lost our second best player and scorer and yet we're still holding the best record in the NBA. I think folks
are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like some sign that we miss him by going on a short losing streak.

IMO a win or two over the Cavs and the Warriors will go a long way.

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
In mid May, when/if we are still alive.